Menu

When a votive candle has burned down to the bottom of the glass

Ginevra

If there is candle residue you can nuke the glass in the microwave for a few seconds to melt it then wipe it out with a paper towel. Is that the kind of answer you are looking for?

Eta: don't ddo this if there is a metal tab stuck to the bottom. Then you could warm the glass in a pan of hot water.

If there is candle residue you can nuke the glass in the microwave for a few seconds to melt it then wipe it out with a paper towel. Is that the kind of answer you are looking for?

That's what I'm looking for, but I don't think I can do that with this one due to metal on the glass.

I was thinking I could light it, let the wax liquify and pour off as much as I can, but I don't know if that is a "don't try this at home" thing or not.

Some manufacturers superglue the metal tab to the bottom and you can't get it off for love or money.

I think they think you will just have to go buy more of their product. They are wrong. It only makes me hate them. :0( :::making grrrrrrr sounds::::

We always used hot soapy water. The wax warms up gets soft and a spoon dislodged the warm wax...then just rinse the votive, dry and put in a new candle. My mom worked with Home Interiors in the 70's and 80's. We've cleaned out a lot of votive cups. Never heard of the super glue at the bottom, but if you have that, get the wax out, then maybe try acetone to get the metal tab off?

• Like 1

Come on, really? I thought this was going to be some philosophical musing, not an actual practical question!

:lol:

Okay, just for you, Sink:

When one's emotional candle has burned to the bottom of the glass, how best to rejuvinate mind and spirit?

Does that work for you? ;)

• Like 2

Okay, just for you, Sink:

When one's emotional candle has burned to the bottom of the glass, how best to rejuvinate mind and spirit?

Does that work for you? ;)

The answer is the same:

Apply cold (Daiquiris work)

Pop out the old wax (systems, unhealthy relationships, poor self care)

See, your thread was philosophical and practical! :)

• Like 4

The answer is the same:

Apply cold (Daiquiris work)

Pop out the old wax (systems, unhealthy relationships, poor self care)

See, your thread was philosophical and practical! :)

Of course! That was totally why I posted it!

• Like 1

Consider the ice cube, the lonely one that doesn't pop out of the tray. It is stuck, and unwanted but in a short time, it gives a bit, yields to warmth around it and surrenders a part of itself. Then it easily pops out of its tray and goes forth to the daiquiri or the Mai Tai or Long Island Ice Tea, and it is fulfilled.

So, too your candle wax...heat it a bit, until it yields and goes forth. But don't drink it.

Or something.

• Like 2

Consider the ice cube, the lonely one that doesn't pop out of the tray. It is stuck, and unwanted but in a short time, it gives a bit, yields to warmth around it and surrenders a part of itself. Then it easily pops out of its tray and goes forth to the daiquiri or the Mai Tai or Long Island Ice Tea, and it is fulfilled.

So, too your candle wax...heat it a bit, until it yields and goes forth. But don't drink it.

Or something.

Did you ever have those steel ice trays with the lever handle on them? You had to be Paul Buyan to crack those darn things.

Did you ever have those steel ice trays with the lever handle on them? You had to be Paul Buyan to crack those darn things.

I remember those! I just googled to look at them and you can still buy some...anywhere from $10-30!

You're right though. The ice cubes were so difficult to remove.

• Like 1