Menu

Where do you buy and sell your used curricula?

Hyacinth

My area has three big local homeschooling used book sales. That's definitely where I have found the best used deals (like a Right start math teachers manual for $5 rather than $70). Also we have several Facebook used curriculum sites (local). I would explore the local option first. I realize that many live in areas where this is not a possibility.

I agree with pp that many times buying online is very close to new price anyway, so I generally don't buy used online, although I have found a few things on Amazon (used).

• Like 1

I look primarily on ebay, though I've also checked Amazon and the classifieds here and at Homeschool Classifieds.  I only buy used if I can save a minimum of 30% after shipping, and things like workbooks I just buy new because people often forget that they tore out page such-and-such or their kid doodled on certain pages or...  You get the idea.  If I'm looking at used, I'm looking at things that have pricey manuals new, and I'm assuming that the stuff is not as nice as the seller says (though I have been pleasantly surprised once or twice).

• Like 1

How do you find local homeschool sales?

Honestly, I came across this site by accident that had a listing for all the homeschool sales that year in my state. I think I googled a ton of key words to get to this site. Including the county's name. The county next to where I live has more resources than the county I live in.

What I have noticed is that most of them are set up through a church. So now I am on their email list or I check their websites. I've also noticed that they are mostly from May - August. Of course, this is just from my state.

I wish I could say homeschoolsales.com like one can find any consignment sales through consignmentmommies.com. but I haven't found that magical site.

:)

Hth.

I look primarily on ebay, though I've also checked Amazon and the classifieds here and at Homeschool Classifieds.  I only buy used if I can save a minimum of 30% after shipping, and things like workbooks I just buy new because people often forget that they tore out page such-and-such or their kid doodled on certain pages or...  You get the idea.  If I'm looking at used, I'm looking at things that have pricey manuals new, and I'm assuming that the stuff is not as nice as the seller says (though I have been pleasantly surprised once or twice).

I agree!  

I currently post at Homeschool Classifieds and here. In time, most of my used curriculum sells through Homeschool Classifieds. I don't have as much luck buying because I'm impatient and I tend to use curriculum that's not the easiest to come by used.

I like Homeschool Classifieds as a seller because it's easy and quick to post...no pics. There are Facebook groups, but they always want pics of everything and I don't have time (or desire) for that.

• Like 2

I don't usually find anything at our local sales, at least not in the last few years. I have bought from here on the board, Homeschool Classifieds, ebay, and a couple of facebook groups.

As far as selling goes, I mostly wait and sell at our local book sale at the end of each year. However, I don't have a lot to sell lately as much of my stuff I have loaned out for others to use when we are done with it. It seems when one person is done, someone else needs it. I guess you could say I have my own lending library. I know how awesome it is when I can borrow something instead of having to buy it.  :001_smile: