Menu

Amazon Shipping

Beaniemom

Had to share since my dh was unimpressed......I ordered something that was fulfilled by Amazon and picked no rush shipping for the credit. I got an e-mail the next day saying it had shipped and the expected delivery date was the same day! Indeed it came about 8 pm that day. That got me wondering if other things I order from them might arrive faster now as well. It's the little things. 

• Like 2

the last time I did no rush shipping - it took four weeks. (I was told it was "lost".  it sat at usps for three weeks)  I did get a refund, AND after ordering (and receiving a replacement via prime), the original order showed up.

I'm still skittish about doing no rush right now.

It really depends on where it is shipping from and how busy that depot is.  The arrival date of an item varies wildly here.  If I choose regular shipping, it usually takes 7-10 days. Prime gets it here in 3-5 days; the day I order it, plus 2 business days shipping,   Every once in a while I will get an item the following day, but only if it is from a seller other than Amazon.  When companies ship their own goods out, I seem to get it faster. 

I'm impressed!  I rarely pick the no rush shipping but if I recall, it comes a day or two after the Prime shipping would have arrived.  Now, used books via media mail - very UNimpressive!  But, $4 for book plus shipping, I guess I can wait over a week.  Often, I forget I order the books.  Then, it's a little surprise when they arrive!  Or, there was once when I ordered it twice because it took so long for the first to arrive, I forgot I'd already ordered it. 

• Like 1

I'm impressed!  I rarely pick the no rush shipping but if I recall, it comes a day or two after the Prime shipping would have arrived.  Now, used books via media mail - very UNimpressive!  But, $4 for book plus shipping, I guess I can wait over a week.  Often, I forget I order the books.  Then, it's a little surprise when they arrive!  Or, there was once when I ordered it twice because it took so long for the first to arrive, I forgot I'd already ordered it. 

Ha! Me too! Anyone want a copy of Hewitt's Conceptual Physics?? :D

No rush varies greatly.  I ordered something on Tuesday and it arrived today.  Sometimes I get it a day or two later.  Occasionally it takes the full week.  If it's something I don't absolutely need by a certain date or just don't want to wait for it, I pick no rush and get the $1 credit.

True. I only do it when the credit includes eBooks.

Huh. I hadn't noticed it varies. The stuff I ordered today said eBooks, digital music and movies. Apparently the previous 3 all included eBooks, as I bought a book (TWTM) on my phone the other day, and then later saw a thing about the credit in my email and went "grrrr, forgot to apply credit!". BUT, it turned out they automatically applied all $3 worth of credit to that one eBook purchase! I was impressed by that, since too many places don't seem to get simple stuff like that right.

No rush shipping so far tends to either show up as quickly as Prime, or to be put in time-out, ship 2-5 or so days later, and then arrive 1-2 days after shipping. I don't really care. I wanted to cancel Prime last year but forgot until it was too late (well, actually, I assumed I didn't have to pay attention since my credit card was expired, but it didn't work out that way). So, I'm going to cancel it in a couple of months. Just now that I finally have the "I don't have to fill my shopping cart to $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping" thing down.

ETA: I did notice that the credit all was good until the same date, even though I ordered the stuff on different dates.