Menu

Proud mom share :)

My dd competed in a district music festival (competition) this past week for piano and she received the highest marks the adjudicator gave. :)  Dd is considering going to university for music (probably majoring in piano - not sure whether teaching or performance) so we'll be looking at competitions in "bigger ponds" for her last three years of high school.  Dh and I are just so proud of all the hard work she puts in that I wanted to share. :)

This was the piece she received the highest marks in:

But I thought she did an excellent job on this one, too:

Neither piece is note perfect :) and the adjudicator gave her things to work on before she does her RCM exam in June.  She played a total of 6 pieces and also did a quick study (48 hours to learn a piece) and a sight reading piece over the course of 4 days of competition.  Having competed myself (long, long ago), I've decided that I'm far more nervous watching dd play than I ever was when it was me up there! :D

• Like 40

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone! :)  I'm also open to suggestions or criticism - she's got the things the adjudicator gave her to work on but it's always good to get more feedback. :)  I know (and she knows) she has a long way to go before she can be competitive on a larger scale and she knows that it may never work out - but she wants to give it a try.  She's currently 14 so we have a few years before she'll be applying to universities.  She does need to work on conquering her nerves.  She can do all of those pieces much cleaner than she did them at the competition but her nerves still get the better of her.

• Like 1