Menu

BA 4D is available now

deerforest

:hurray:

We just started 4C, and BA has been the only curriculum that I've been glad we to be too slow--so we don't out-pace it.  :001_smile:

DS thought he'd be done with BA after 4B and has been grumbling about having to continue. I'm thinking he's been spoiled by BA.  :glare: He doesn't realize how fun it is compared to other programs and he just wants easy... But then again we are doing prime factorization right now. He was probably traumatized by all the weeping and wailing from DD13 when she was studying factorization. She was bitter that she had to learn boring factors, instead of using that fun, new math program with cartoons that he got. ;)

Does anyone have inside knowledge of how fast level 5 will be coming out?

I know they said faster than before...but I'm curious to know if the whole level will actually be released over the coming year.

They mentioned in the comments on FB that they expect 5 to be completed in two years.  I hope they get it done more quickly than that...only because I'd really like them to get level 2 out by 2017, lol.  Wishful thinking, right?  

• Like 1

*sigh* I wish the grade two level would be out for next year. I wonder why they are doing the earliest grade last.

If I recall, grade 2 wasn't in the original plans. But, I think so many people requested it that they added it but are sticking with the planned order first.

• Like 1

They mentioned in the comments on FB that they expect 5 to be completed in two years.  I hope they get it done more quickly than that...only because I'd really like them to get level 2 out by 2017, lol.  Wishful thinking, right?  

Sigh...

*sigh* I wish the grade two level would be out for next year. I wonder why they are doing the earliest grade last.

Another person posted that Grade 2 wasn't in the original plan, but they've been billing it as a 2-5 program since before 3A was published so I don't think that's the case. The usual conjecture is that third grade is the level when the more complicated material begins, and that by beginning with that level and building forward, they'd maximize the number of students prepared for Pre-A in sixth grade. Since the second grade material isn't as tricky, it wasn't as critical to roll it out.

This release is bittersweet for me. This will be the last book that either of mine work through (and I've had to send DD8 down a few rabbit trails while she waited for this one). We'll buy the others so they can enjoy the guides, but this will be the last ''real'' go for us unless I get to have another baby down the road.

• Like 3

Well now we'll have something to do through the end of the year, if not a little earlier. I hope they can get 5 out in 2016. Is that too much to hope for?

ETA: I went back to their FB page and read some comments. Looks like they hope to have most of 5 completed by summer 2016. We can live with that! And if they get 2 done in 2017/2018, dd2 can start in that as a true second grader. We'll plug along in MM until then.

How in the world did you get it so fast?  (Hold on while I check the porch...Nope, not here.) I saw the Facebook post and bam, ordered it with express shipping! My daughter is waiting impatiently and so am I.

The mailman jammed it in the mailbox!!!!!!!! It's here! It's here! I can't wait for tomorrow. I think I'll surprise her!

• Like 2