Menu

apps for tracking menstrual cycles

Maela

Clue - http://www.helloclue.com

It's free.  There are no ads.  It's not cutesy and it doesn't assume that you are either trying to get pregnant (though it can do that, too) or that you appreciate being infantilized.  It'll track just about everything you might want to and includes custom tags.  You can input a years worth of history and it will make predictions based upon your history.  You can also start without history and Clue will compute it's predictions as cycles go along.

• Like 3

I use iPeriod.  i used the free version at first but then upgraded to the paid version.  I honestly don't remember why.  I also use it to track my migraines.  It does everything I want and has a ton of features I don't use.  

• Like 3

I use MyDays on my Android device--I don't know if it's available for Apple devices. It was free. It has a small ad across the bottom of the screen, but it isn't at all obtrusive. You can track when your period starts and stops, when you have TeA, that you took your pill if you're on BC, and you also can track your BMT and add a note to each day. It predicts when your period will start again and also when you'll ovulate. I like it.

• Like 2

I've been using P Tracker for a few years and am happy with it. I don't bother with much of it about moods and cravings or whatever. I just click on a button once a month and check it every once in a while to know about how long until the next time.

• Like 1

I use iPeriod.  i used the free version at first but then upgraded to the paid version.  I honestly don't remember why.  I also use it to track my migraines.  It does everything I want and has a ton of features I don't use.  

I've tried several and like this one the best.

• Like 2

Another Clue user here. There is zero possibility of pregnancy with me, so I don't use it for fertility. I have been having irregular periods and want to track that irregularity for my gyn, and this one is plain and simple enough for that.

I like "period tracker".  It's straightforward and to the point.  And it's free.  

I edited to add a link so you can check it out

That's what I use.  Mostly I just want to know when I'll probably start next (and occasionally looking forward a few months, like if some sort of event or trip is coming up).  I can just open the app and it says "x days to go" or something like that right on the first page.  It does what I need it to do.

So far I'm liking Clue (lol, it's only been a few hours :) ).  I think it was P. tracker that I had used last, and the ads were bothering me.  Otherwise it was fine.  I can't remember the name of the one I used before that, but I had to stop using it because after the new year last year it stopped recording things correctly.  

I use this, and have since June 2009.  Happily I think I'm done with that phase of my life, but it is nice to have all the data with me when I go to the doctor. When they ask when my last period was I can easily look it up. 

Only have the free version and have never seen ads. 

• Like 1