Menu

Would You Cancel Plans If. . .

La Condessa

Your baby had a fever, but it was under control with ibuprofen, and you were ~85% sure it was a teething fever?

If it makes a difference, you have long-standing plans to meet your best family friends midway between your location and theirs for their dd's birthday. You have the opportunity to see them about 2 times every 6 months.

Ds is a little sluggish and doesn't want to be set down, but he's still smiley

ETA:(But that's not really a good gauge because he is the happiest baby in the world. To the point that it's caused problems in the past, like when they wouldn't believe there was anything really wrong with him because he was laughing, and it took a month before they discovered he had pneumonia).

Ds is a little sluggish and doesn't want to be set down, but he's still smiley

ETA:(But that's not really a good gauge because he is the happiest baby in the world. To the point that it's caused problems in the past, like when they wouldn't believe there was anything really wrong with him because he was laughing, and it took a month before they discovered he had pneumonia).

That's high for a teething fever. I would probably not go b/c I'd be worried he was actually sick, especially as he doesn't show it like most kids. It sounds like a pretty long drive, and I'd hate to be far from home if he got worse. 

• Like 7

102 seems like too much for teething.  I know people insist their babies got a fever with teething, but I think that has mostly been refuted in the medical literature.  I'm not saying it never happens, but the medical literature has pretty much debunked it, even pointing out that while some physiciians still attribute fevers to teething, it really is unlikely.

I would cancel or inform them that you aren't sure, she's running a 102, would they prefer to cancel? 

• Like 1