• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

That sounds very expensive.

Um, recycling -- yeah, that's it!  We do it at the local junk yard and get paid for our work smashing them down to bricks!

No siri.I have a Samsung. Drag your finger across the keyboard. Does it make a blue line?

Ah, Iris!  I have a Samsung, too.  I don't use Iris much deliberately -- got turned off of that by Siri when I had a wimpy little iPhone.

What page are we on?

85!

Eighty-five pages of posts in the thread

Eighty-five pages of poooooooooosts!

You post some more

behind a locked door

before they check you for injury to the head!

No siri.I have a Samsung. Drag your finger across the keyboard. Does it make a blue line?

Swype? I hate that thing. I type one character at a time...peck, peck, peck. Yep. Fat fingers and swype (or whatever it is called) don't get along very well.

Ah, Iris! I have a Samsung, too. I don't use Iris much deliberately -- got turned off of that by Siri when I had a wimpy little iPhone.

I don't know what that is. I form words by dragging my fingers across the keyboard. Someone with a Samsung do that.

I don't know what that is. I form words by dragging my fingers across the keyboard. Someone with a Samsung do that.

I now have a Samsung too, but had the option to do it on my other Android phone as well. I choose the regular keyboard.

There's a conspiracy, or DH has set the computers to all do too much stuff again.  My connection is starting to lag, so I need to sign off and say goodnight.

• Like 1

This just makes me happy.

Me too.

Infecting NeverMInd threads and spawning Threads That Don't Exist wasn't enough for us.

We've now turned to Resurrecting and Conquering Former Epic Threads.  

Bwahahahahaha!

The WTM Universe will soon be ours, my dearies, all ours!

ETA: {Well, mine, actually.  And SWB's.}

• Like 4

There's a conspiracy, or DH has set the computers to all do too much stuff again.  My connection is starting to lag, so I need to sign off and say goodnight.

We'll miss you. I suggest downloading CC Cleaner, and cleaning out all the extra stuff (caches, and stuff). I do it every night and there's always a few hundred MBs removed.

Me too.

Infecting NeverMInd threads and spawning Threads That Don't Exist wasn't enough for us.

We've now turned to Resurrecting and Conquering Former Epic Threads.

Bwahahahahaha!

The WTM Universe will soon be ours, my dearies, all ours!

ETA: {Well, mine, actually. And SWB's.}

I actually meant the cupcake, but we aren't BFFs so you just don't get me.

• Like 2

I actually meant the cupcake, but we aren't BFFs so you just don't get me.

Ahh, but so did I.  Mean the cupcake, that is.   As in "the epic cupcake thread that died three years ago but lives on in us."

It's all about communication, kiddo.    You youngsters, always glued to your phones and your siris and your irises.  The things you miss in life.   

• Like 3

Ahh, but so did I. Mean the cupcake, that is. As in "the epic cupcake thread that died three years ago but lives on in us."

It's all about communication, kiddo. You youngsters, always glued to your phones and your siris and your irises. The things you miss in life.

I live more life than anyone else I know. Except for one dude, but he's weird.

• Like 2

You all were busy last night!  We watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.  (Are we OLD or what???)  It was Celebrity Jeopardy and Aaron Rogers (Green Bay Packers QB) was on and won.  Exciting, I know.   

It's okay.  We are old and HOT, which is better than being old and dead or something.

• Like 4

We'll miss you. I suggest downloading CC Cleaner, and cleaning out all the extra stuff (caches, and stuff). I do it every night and there's always a few hundred MBs removed.

I can't do any such thing because DH does all of that.  If I do anything without checking with him first I could cause the internet to explode.  He's always backing stuff up, cleaning stuff out, reconfiguring stuff -- we were a multi-computer household before owning more than one computer in a family was a thing.  

• Like 1

In the words of Larry the Cucumber:  I have to go to the baaaaaathroom. 

So on that note, my fond farewell to all.  Sleep tight!

Oh, Wheeeeeeeere is my hairbrush?

I always thought it would be fun if Veggie Tales put out a Benedict Cucumberbatch character.  They could do their own spoof of Sherlock!

• Like 4

Can I just say here (because it is the say anything Ignore thread, though I am convinced we have a lot of lurkers :laugh: ), that I had the nicest dream the other night?  I met Denzel Washington in the airport, and he was so nice to me and so funny. 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 6

Allergies are going to take another toll on us again today -- I can tell already.  What with yesterday's and last night's rain we had a hard time waking up this morning, and the news is full of all sorts of flooding stories everywhere.  Luckily we live 4 miles from DH's work (in a neighborhood that sits a little higher) and he doesn't have to go near the highway or any low spots on his way there, so he'll be fine.  I'm sure, however, that all of this wet is causing mold and mildew in spots I haven't found yet.  I am looking at all of our meal options and putting together some interesting configurations, because I don't want to go to the grocery store until stuff dries out and roads clear.

Time to hunker down a bit!  

• Like 1

Also, I bought some CC cream made by Aveda at Target, and I LOVE it except it contains cancer-causing chemicals like Oxybenzene.  Ugh.  What's a girl to do?

In addition, I wish I could get eyebrow tattoos because mine all fell out and when I draw them on sometimes I fear it is like the Seinfeld uncle's angry eyebrows episode.  But I'm afraid I will look like Groucho Marx with eyebrow tattoos.

(I haven't even had coffee yet.   :leaving: )

• Like 2

I was afraid someone was going to say this!

Summer project?

Sure.  At a page per day you should be all caught up in -- oh, never.  We have been building the thread at the rate of 2 or 3 pages many days!  You might stand a chance of catching up at reading 5 or more pages per day.

Or do what my DH recommends and read from both ends.  This way you get to chime in on the more recent stuff while gleaning the ages and ages of wisdom and insight gathered here.

• Like 1

It wasn't even 10 PM here yet, and you are homeschooling, right?  I assume you are a wonderful parent who lets her child get enough sleep regardless of when their bedtime is.

My husband and I both work FT.  DH works second shift.  So we homeschool evenings, and are usually not in bed until 12/12:30.  Then he sleeps in in the morning with dad.  He's just a night owl by default.  It's what we need to do to make this homeschool thing work and he's onboard. 

• Like 3

Allergies are going to take another toll on us again today -- I can tell already.  What with yesterday's and last night's rain we had a hard time waking up this morning, and the news is full of all sorts of flooding stories everywhere.  Luckily we live 4 miles from DH's work (in a neighborhood that sits a little higher) and he doesn't have to go near the highway or any low spots on his way there, so he'll be fine.  I'm sure, however, that all of this wet is causing mold and mildew in spots I haven't found yet.  I am looking at all of our meal options and putting together some interesting configurations, because I don't want to go to the grocery store until stuff dries out and roads clear.

Time to hunker down a bit!  

We think DS might be allergic to grass.  You should have seen the welts on him the last few days. :( 

Grrrrr!  Just another thing for him to add to his list.

Best wishes to all off you suffering from allergies right now - they suck.

My husband and I both work FT.  DH works second shift.  So we homeschool evenings, and are usually not in bed until 12/12:30.  Then he sleeps in in the morning with dad.  He's just a night owl by default.  It's what we need to do to make this homeschool thing work and he's onboard. 

Sounds like a plan that works!

• Like 1

We think DS might be allergic to grass.  You should have seen the welts on him the last few days. :(

Grrrrr!  Just another thing for him to add to his list.

Best wishes to all off you suffering from allergies right now - they suck.

Yup, could very well be.  We are the only house in our neighborhood without azaleas.  People think we are nuts, because they are so beautiful and do so well here.  Well, they don't do that well in our west-facing front yard (they get cooked in the afternoon), and DH is allergic to them.  We took them out and planted roses and crepe myrtles instead.

DD13 is allergic to a LOT of things, though none of them food, thankfully.  We live in a place where most any time of year there will be allergens to deal with.