• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Watched Tangled with some of the dc tonight. One of them asked how Rapunzel learned how to swim if she's never been out of the tower.

The first time I watched that movie I cried for like hours afterwards because that woman was *exactly* like my mother. I mean *exactly*. It was uncanny.

#displaceddisneyprincess

#juniedoesntknow

• Like 3

The first time I watched that movie I cried for like hours afterwards because that woman was *exactly* like my mother. I mean *exactly*. It was uncanny.

#displaceddisneyprincess

#juniedoesntknow

I'm sorry.   :crying:

I cried in a theater when I watched "Mrs. Doubtfire". Because divorce.

And I can't watch Forrest Gump anymore because my father was just like him.  Well, not just.  He didn't run and he didn't sell shrimp.  LOL.

• Like 3

#displaceddisneyprincess

#juniedoesntknow

#juniedoesntknow could probably fill the next 500 pages of this thread.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

#juniedesntknow could probably fill the next 500 pages of this thread.

I was explaining to the thread that I'm actually a displaced Disney princess a while back. No father, evil mother, Saved by prince charming, talks to animals (not like someone get her a psychiatrist, just good at non verbal communication), and I can touch wild animals. Like pet them. Oh, and if I sing birds come and sing with me. That's actually quite common. Go outside and sing. I dare you. Anyway, that's what I was referring to. :)

• Like 1

Oh, and the most important part! I can tell you sob story after sob story about my childhood, but in reality, I've lead a charmed life. I've been surrounded by kind strangers and little coincidences that always work in my favor. This would not happen if I was not in fact a Disney princess.

Stupid movies, huh!

Oh, I almost forgot about Beaches.  My mom made me watch that movie when it came out on vhs (at Blockbuster) because she has the same heart condition that Bette Midler's friend had.

i bawled.  Iirc, that was my first "chick-flick".

(My mom is still around, thankfully.)

• Like 4

A few years ago, dh was on a business trip. I told him that I was planning to stay up late to watch a chick-flick. When I talked to him the next day, he asked me what I had watched.

The Fellowship of the Ring. :lol: Not what he was expecting...

I've never seen those movies. I'm such a bad person.

Matt and I are arguing about what a centimeter is and realized we don't own a ruler.

:blink:

I was going to be more shocked, but then I remembered that there probably weren't rulers in my home when I was growing up. No sharp scissors, either. How is that possible??

Probably that's why I have two pairs of scissors and two or three rulers, right here at my computer desk, and several of each upstairs in the room I use for sewing and crafts and whatnot.

#thestruggleisreal

• Like 5

Good Morning Friends! 

I tried to write our annual Christmas letter yesterday.  It's not very good.  Definitely not as good as last years.  I am lacking inspiration. 

Tex, I thought about you last night and wondered how you survived the day, but I was too lazy to come back and ask.  Glad you made it through!  Hope you are sleeping soundly now!

• Like 4

The only theme I have each year is for the code names I label the gifts. I was actually going to ask last night for ideas but I fell asleep.

Last year's theme was My Little Pony. I don't wrap gifts in the theme, just label. They try to figure out who is who. It's fun.

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, YOU ARE NEVER GONNA BELEIVE THIS!!!!!!! (Not screaming, just excited)

For several, like 8, years I have said I would like a kitchen maid stand mixer. (Not many times, but a few. Like if we were making cookies or bread, so not often :D) Well this morning sitting on my counter is a brand new shiny black kitchen aid mixer. Ds20 was off work yesterday, and last night he got home late, around 11ish. So I did not talk to him last night, but he has been saying he was going to get one for me. I told him not to because $$$$. I have the sweetest children. I am so proud. Now I am crying.....

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 12

Oh my gosh, YOU ARE NEVER GONNA BELEIVE THIS!!!!!!! (Not screaming, just excited)

For several, like 8, years I have said I would like a kitchen maid stand mixer. (Not many times, but a few. Like if we were making cookies or bread, so not often :D) Well this morning sitting on my counter is a brand new shiny black kitchen aid mixer. Ds20 was off work yesterday, and last night he got home late, around 11ish. So I did not talk to him last night, but he has been saying he was going to get one for me. I told him not to because $$$$. I have the sweetest children. I am so proud. Now I am crying.....

That is so awesome!!! :party:

• Like 2

My fibro comes with a broken internal thermostat.  This frosty morning I took ds18 to work and dropped him off.  I was freezing when I got home.  I went back to bed with yoga pants, fuzzy socks, fuzzy sweater plus extra blankets piled high.  I was able to get back to sleep.  I'm awake now but I'm still on the cold side.  This can work the other way as well.  

Hugs Jean.  So sorry to hear that.

I'm sending you my favorite robe and flannel sheets.  And chocolate. 

• Like 1

Congratulations ! I love my kitchen-aide!
  • Like 1

Good Morning Friends!

I tried to write our annual Christmas letter yesterday. It's not very good. Definitely not as good as last years. I am lacking inspiration. !

Let it sit for a while and come back to it! I'm sure inspiration will come as it sits in your mind and you subconsciously mull it over for a week or two!
  • Like 1

Oh, I almost forgot about Beaches. My mom made me watch that movie when it came out on vhs (at Blockbuster) because she has the same heart condition that Bette Midler's friend had.

i bawled. Iirc, that was my first "chick-flick".

(My mom is still around, thankfully.)

I hate it when people tell me I'm going to cry when I watch a movie. That's why I never saw Beaches. I hate movies that make me cry. Except for one. Steel Magnolias. I've watched that movie more times than I can count. And I start to cry at the same point every time - when Sally Fields is swiftly walking down the hall of the hospital with that look on her face. I love that movie.
  • Like 2

I've never seen those movies. I'm such a bad person.

You MUST!!!

The books are better, of course, but this is one rare case where the screenplay and acting beautifully and respectfully translates the book into a phenomenal film.  Tolkien would be okay with it, I think.  

We are on a LOTR marathon.  Just finish Two Towers Part One last night.  Love the Conflicted Gollum scenes.  

• Like 3

Trained him well, you have.

He hadn't done anything like that since about a year after we got married. We've been together 17 years. Trained him well, I have NOT. However, due to previous difficulties recorded on this thread, he's been trying to make up.

• Like 4

Awwwww!  Your boy and his mama:  love.gif

• Like 2

Life has all too frequently made me cry.  I do not need movies to help.  (I did, however, let out a bloodcurdling scream in a packed theater while watching Brave.  My poor child has yet to recover from the mortification.  I have an all too vivid imagination.)

Renai, I also cried reading Dr. Seuss.  That book is a masterpiece.

• Like 3