4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Happy Nirthday, KrissiK!

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈   
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thank you!! thank you very much!!

• Like 3

It’s raining. It’s been raining all morning. I had no idea. I left the house without a coat or anything and then realized it was raining. I told the girls it wasn’t going to rain.Hmph.

I other news, I got Panda Express for lunch because #mynirthday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Thursday!

This has been a bit of a crazy week.   Up early Monday since dh needed my car since he had a doctor's appointment and ds had school, and we had to run out for dry ice.   Up super early Tuesday since I had a 7am CT scan (Calcium score was zero, which means no build-up of plaque at all, yippee!) and dh always takes the car on Tuesdays and drops me off early, then yesterday I needed to run to get dry ice again but at least I had my car and didn't need to do it really early.   

Today is back to normal but I do have a 4H meeting tonight.  I think we're going to reverse engineer - take apart laptops to see what's inside.   Then tomorrow I have a 2 1/2 hour Lego robotics class and I'm off for a week except for makeup classes from a snow day Tuesday and an Open House Friday.    I really probably should straighten out my Quickbooks next week too.  Or at least get started on it.   I'm off again after just two weeks for President's Day week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

School and work!!

My new phone is irritating me right now because it updated yesterday and now I can’t receive pictures or gifs. Half my families send their work samples via text, so this is a big problem. I tried googling everything yesterday, but to no avail. DH suggested calling our carrier, so I guess I will try that next.

Wednesday night went well last night with the preschoolers. It was rainy and they couldn’t go outside for playtime. In years past that has been a recipe for chaos because nothing was planned for them to, but this year I told the Children’s Director I needed table games, which she provided and chaos was avoided. Big relief.

• Like 3

Good morning!

It's Thursday indeed.

The girls have gone to tutorial and ds19 leaves for work in a few minutes.  Sir Pups-a-lot has had his morning constitutional.  I am planning to get a couple things done for freezer meals - IP some chicken and roast a turkey which will also be dinner.  Tomorrow I'll make broth.

Tonight ds28 and I plan to go to orchestra rehearsal.  They cut the Prokofiev piece for this concert which makes me happy because I hate it.  Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony will be awesome to play again.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Fri-yay!!

School for some, work for others.  I have 4 family meetings today. Two will be on Zoom because they are in the mountains and while the roads are likely clear and fine, neither DH nor I are excited about me driving up there after these recent storms.

• Like 3

Good morning!

It took me a long time to get to sleep last night due to tickley throat but alas and alack, morning is here.  I'm heading out to Aldi in a minute.  Then home, put away groceries, get meat off last night's roast turkey, and start the turkey broth.  One of my freezer meals this semester will be KrissiK's Famous Turkey Tetrazzini.

I was so stressed out all day yesterday and am not sure why, but it might have been due to transportation needs which were on a fairly tight schedule.  But everything worked out fine.    

Ds28 is participating in a World Game Development event this weekend - I think they are given a theme and then they have the weekend to create and submit a game (computer/video game, card game, board game, etc).  Last time ds got 14th place in the humor category, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 2

There's an elderly gentleman here who came to meet son-in-law for their annual meeting to administer a government questionnaire on smoking habits.  Son-in-law has never smoked anything, so the questionnaire is fairly easy and boring.  But he gets $50. 😁

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

Didn’t really sleep in this morning. Oldest DD is leaving for a soccer game at the coast early this morning, so I wanted to see her off.

I guess today will be a normal Saturday. Housework, grocery shopping.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I got the fafsa done (for ds19)!!  I didn't even kick the computer!

I need to do that. 

The FAFSA. Not kicking the computer.

Hopefully I won’t kick the computer. 

The lady at the meeting assured us it was a painless process.

I just about stood up and said, “But my friend Susan said….” but I didn’t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need to do that. 

The FAFSA. Not kicking the computer.

Hopefully I won’t kick the computer. 

The lady at the meeting assured us it was a painless process.

I just about stood up and said, “But my friend Susan said….” but I didn’t.

They just "launched" the shiny new version and it is MUCH improved!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I actually slept for 8 hours last night!  Woke with a slight headache but nothing major.  Coffee is made and I am making cooking plans for the day.  Lemon tarragon chicken soup and taco beef which includes making a batch or two of taco spice mix.  I think I'll save the tetrazzini for tomorrow because in the middle of the day I have a bluegrass class to attend.  It's a 2 hour class but it takes almost an hour to get there.  

Coffee!

• Like 1

Went to the farm and raked leaves this morning. That should have been done a while ago, but we wanted all the leaves off the trees first. It was quite a job, but it looks a lot better and it felt good to get outside and work hard. DS hauled three trailer loads of leaves out to the plum orchard and dumped them.

• Like 3

Cooking / freezing is done for the day.  5 containers of lemon tarragon chicken soup (which we also had for dinner) and a gazillion dinner portions of taco meat.  For taco soup, tachos, taco salad, and tacos.  Tomorrow hopefully I will get to the tetrazzini, though People keep asking me if I will do things and take them places tomorrow.

The little pup has finally stopped whining at me.  🙄

The beginner bluegrass workshop was pretty neat, and similar to Old Time, except that singing seems to be a much more common element.  So we were learning to sing and play chords at the same time and were expected / encouraged to lead in a song of our choosing.  Except to lead a song you have to actually know all the words to it.  Do I know all the words to ANY song off the top of my head?  Prolly not, but they let me get away with singing just the chorus to "Keep On The Sunny Side". 😂

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That sounds like fun, Susan.

I actually cooked dinner tonight. Instead of just throwing something together to eat like I did all week.  We had chicken marsala, butternut squash risotto,  green beans with bacon and a dump cake with homemade ice cream for dessert. It was really good.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

Sportsball!! I’m really in a quandary. I’m officially a Niners fan, but I had been cheering for the Lions all season, too, so I would feel bad cheering against them today. And then in the other side, I don’t like the Ravens at all, and I used to love the Chiefs, but that whole Travis Kelce/Taylor Swift thing ….I don’t know. It’s just getting kind of bleh. So….I don’t like the Chiefs now. 

• Like 2

Morning, Happy Sunday.    

I had about a week or so of sleeping amazingly well.  Falling right asleep when I get in bed, maybe waking up once for the bathroom.  Now the past few days I've been sleeping like crap.   I was up 3 times last night to use the bathroom.  Not sure if it's from the antibiotics or what.  Hopefully it was the antibiotics because I took the last one yesterday.  

Today I'm doing some cleaning around home and I guess some paperwork.  I'm off all week except for Tuesday I have snow makeups and Friday an Open House.  In between, cleaning stuff up to get ready for the Open House.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

I went to church this morning for the first time in a month.  Then stopped by Kroger to pick up cream for the tetrazzini and ran across some stew beef on clearance sale so I bought that for Korean rice bowls.  This particular recipe uses canned pears which sounded pretty yummy.

This afternoon, dd17 wants to get her hair cut and also wants to do a family meeting for a scout merit badge requirement.  I'm having dinner with the GriefShare Ladies.

Coffee!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

Sportsball!! I’m really in a quandary. I’m officially a Niners fan, but I had been cheering for the Lions all season, too, so I would feel bad cheering against them today. And then in the other side, I don’t like the Ravens at all, and I used to love the Chiefs, but that whole Travis Kelce/Taylor Swift thing ….I don’t know. It’s just getting kind of bleh. So….I don’t like the Chiefs now. 

Root for the Ravens!!  I grew up only an hour from Baltimore and I love the Ravens (even though they didn't exist until after I moved away).

• Like 1

The Tetrazzini is done and in the freezer.  The sauce is so delicious that I just want to stand at the Giant Pot and slurp it all up with a big spoon.  I slurped a little bit and then put the rest away for later.  Got the dishwasher running and cleaned up a little.  Dd17 has had her haircut/trim and I took an afternoon nap.  Now having afternoon coffee and watching The Pups mouth wrestle.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

School for some, work for others.

You know… parenting really sucks sometimes. There are so many instances where I just don’t know what to do. I really don’t. Sometimes there seems like an easy answer, but when you think about it, it’s not that easy or straightforward. And other people always seem to have an answer, but I’m not really sure they are actually right. I don’t know.  I hate technology.  I hate the pressures kids put on each other. Sometimes I just want to move to the wilds of Canada and escape from all this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

You know… parenting really sucks sometimes. There are so many instances where I just don’t know what to do. I really don’t. Sometimes there seems like an easy answer, but when you think about it, it’s not that easy or straightforward. And other people always seem to have an answer, but I’m not really sure they are actually right. I don’t know.  I hate technology.  I hate the pressures kids put on each other. Sometimes I just want to move to the wilds of Canada and escape from all this.

I concur.

My solution is that we should go walk the Camino de Santiago.  And then the Pacific Coast Trail.  Then the Tour du Mont Blanc.  Then run off to sea in a Maine Windjammer.  Then spend a couple weeks in a Sedona spa.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I had a lovely dinner last night with the GriefShare ladies - we laughed so much.  

Sir Pups-a-lot started whining at my door around 2am and I finally got up and took him outside.  Which of course started Little Pup yapping like crazy so I took him out to potty too and then everyone settled down except I couldn't get back to sleep for a long time.  It was extra hard getting up this morning.  The girls said they slept through the whole commotion! 

I'm now at the ortho with dd15 who may or may not be ready to get her braces off.  Hopefully yes.  I have to get the second shingles shot later this morning and then this afternoon we have the usual Monday activities - music lessons, choir, and scouts.  If I have time I'll try blending up the Korean beef marinade.

Coffee!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I concur.

My solution is that we should go walk the Camino de Santiago.  And then the Pacific Coast Trail.  Then the Tour du Mont Blanc.  Then run off to sea in a Maine Windjammer.  Then spend a couple weeks in a Sedona spa.

Now that is advice I could take. i have always wanted to do the Pacific Crest Trail (after reading “Wild”) and I figure if Cheryl Strayed could do it, so could I.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a few errands done, which made me feel better. I got a chicken in the oven roasting. Ima make some chicken broth for soup tonight.  Hopefully I can get a lot done for work this afternoon. So many little details. I feel like I’m being pecked to death by a chicken.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Now that is advice I could take. i have always wanted to do the Pacific Crest Trail (after reading “Wild”) and I figure if Cheryl Strayed could do it, so could I.

I'm in!  Who's with us?!?

Speaking of the PCT, I may have agreed to do another Philmont trek with dd17 and the Venture Crew.  They need a female adult leader.  Willy Nilly.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dh and I are serving as counselors at 4H Winter Camp.   We're trying to get dd more involved in stuff and it's the only way she would go.   I'm not a winter sports (or being outdoor in the cold) person but hopefully they other counselors will do that part. 

• Like 4