Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

Today is DH’s birthday and Friday was Baby’s so we’re having a little party today after church with the grandparents. I made an apple pie yesterday for dessert. This morning before church I’ll brown some chicken and put it in the dutch oven to cook while we are at church and then make mashed potatoes and gravy. yummy!

• Like 7

Good morning!

I was awake most of the night adding things to my packing/shopping/to-do lists.  And I also ordered a portable clothes steamer.  But at least I didn't start buying instruments.  

Dozed off around 5am only to be woken by a weird thudding sound which turned out to be Sir Pups-a-lot entertaining himself with his tug-of-war toy.  🙄  So I got the coffee started while I was up and then went back to bed and woke up just in time to get dd14 up (dd20 and ds18 had already left for service rehearsal) and managed to get to church in time enough to get seats. 🏆

I'm now waiting for a text from dd17 for a pick-up time and then Imma head over to the senior enrichment center to try out their rower.  It'll cost $4.  In a couple years it will only cost $1.  Tonight is church group fellowship and then tidying up downstairs so we can put up the guest bed.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

The senior enrichment center is closed on Sundays.  Humph.  It says the wellness center is open but since the wellness center is inside the enrichment center I guess not.  So I drove over to the county rec center where they also have rowing machines and paid my $4 and tried one out.  It was pretty nice, though I may have to work through a few videos to make sure I am getting the technique correct.

The youngers are at a youth group movie night at a friend's church and I am just now back from church group fellowship dinner.  Someone brought something called a gooey butter cake and it was so tasty.

I have a few phone calls to make tomorrow morning.  Oh joy oh rapture.  I will have to put on my vitamin fortified big girl pants.

• Like 6

Yup.

DS is taking the PSAT. If he completes it, he doesn't have to do any other school today.

When I went with him to check in, they said they don't need to see his ID. 🙄 I left all his documents in his backpack just in case.

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy Columbus/Indiginous People's Day!

Spam spam-spaaaam, spamity-spaaaaaaammm!!

I have not seen any spam, but this page is on a tab so I don't go wandering off into the sea.

Dd17 is suggesting that I learn "Don't Get Married Without Me" by the Punch Brothers on mandolin.  🤣  uh, honey, that song was written by possibly the best mandolin player in existence and has at least 15 chords.  It's a super fun song, though.  If I change the key I might be able to manage it on ukulele.

I need to start packing my stuff and the Pup's stuff.  This afternoon we have music stuff but no Scouts due to the holiday.  I have already made one phone call and avoided another call with the aid of online scheduling.  One more call to make if they're open and I need to put some oil in the van.

Coffee!

• Like 3

It is a holiday for my school, but Gymnast still has school today. She has a lot to catch up on it and she's not listening to me.

I need to clean the kitchen, grade a bunch of papers and put in the gradebook, and go to the laundromat when Gymnast's live classes are over.

I should probably also call her painting teacher. She is not enjoying this class, and he really wants to make this a good experience for her. I think she's just intimidated. I don't know. She doesn't really clearly verbalize what the issue is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 73349 said:

Yup.

DS is taking the PSAT. If he completes it, he doesn't have to do any other school today.

When I went with him to check in, they said they don't need to see his ID. 🙄 I left all his documents in his backpack just in case.

Our school district is just switching to the online format and is not allowing outside (homeschooled) students to take the test because they are figuring it out. So dd can't take it this year (9th). Not fair.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning! M IL is gone so I'm recovering. I'm so tired. Everyone is back in their normal rooms and sleeping better. Going to try to do something adventurous this afternoon for Columbus Day. And dinner will celebrate my Italian-American heritage. Our comfort food 😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dianthus said:

Our school district is just switching to the online format and is not allowing outside (homeschooled) students to take the test because they are figuring it out. So dd can't take it this year (9th). Not fair.

So THAT's the issue?  Huh.  I was wondering about that.  Dd (junior) won't be taking it anyways because wedding.  She will likely be going to a school that accepts the CLT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Can she take it with another district?

• Like 2

Good morning.

So we did the wedding thing with one side of the family and then fall break with another, yesterday was the PSAT, and today is our one regular school day (though Tuesdays are always a bit short because of drum lessons) before our DMV campout day tomorrow, right?

Hah!

10 AM: Six utility workers arrive on the street right in front of our house with a dump truck, steam roller, back hoe, and front loader.

My living room floor is vibrating. DS is not, unsurprisingly, writing an English paper.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Baby is home sick today. I think she really isn't feeling well, but she also hates school. There are a couple of mean girls who are making her life miserable. She keeps telling me she wants to come back to homeschool. This one of those, "I hate being a parent," situations. I'm paying a lot of $ for her to go there and part of me thinks, just pull her out, sign her back up with our charter and save myself a boatload of cash. But, she also needs to learn to deal with difficult people and how to handle tough situations.

I really think I need to go to the island for a month and think about this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

39 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Baby is home sick today. I think she really isn't feeling well, but she also hates school. There are a couple of mean girls who are making her life miserable. She keeps telling me she wants to come back to homeschool. This one of those, "I hate being a parent," situations. I'm paying a lot of $ for her to go there and part of me thinks, just pull her out, sign her back up with our charter and save myself a boatload of cash. But, she also needs to learn to deal with difficult people and how to handle tough situations.

I had a miserable existence when I was moved to a small Christian school in junior high and stayed through high school. Horrible kids. I wish I would have told my parents. Instead I was just embarrassed and thought something was wrong with me. There was no way to deal with and make a bad situation better at school. The only cure would have been if my parents would have pulled me out. Your daughter is telling you. I'd take her out in a heartbeat. I still suffer from confidence issues because of that experience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dianthus said:

I had a miserable existence when I was moved to a small Christian school in junior high and stayed through high school. Horrible kids. I wish I would have told my parents. Instead I was just embarrassed and thought something was wrong with me. There was no way to deal with and make a bad situation better at school. The only cure would have been if my parents would have pulled me out. Your daughter is telling you. I'd take her out in a heartbeat. I still suffer from confidence issues because of that experience.

Thank you for saying this. I don't want to make a knee jerk decision, but I am really thinking that we may have to do this.

• Like 4

I sensed that ds28 was struggling with the idea of finding a suit for the wedding so I had compassion on him and offered to go shopping with him.  It was not as bad as it could have been, and in the end were able to find a slim long jacket and slim long pants and a slim long shirt.  And then we went to find a pair of shoes and made it home in time for dinner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I will go with you to the island and we can make bazooka plans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2