Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!

My sour dough bread turned out really good. Tasty, good texture. It really was an all day affair and we had to sample it during Family Movie Night. I know this guy has a schedule for doing the long rise overnight  in the fridge, but It’s not letting me access it. Hmmm. I could probably figure that out myself. Then we could have the bread for dinner.

Ooh, I got a Booya/h for that. A tasty, sour dough Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SeriousPo:

We watched “Footloose” last night for our 80’s Family Film Festival. I just love that movie. Such a good soundtrack. But one thing in that movie that was just glaring and I saw that a bit in the Barbie movie as well, was the deep need the kids had in these movies for connection to their parent. It was so painful to watch Ariel desperately wanting her dad’s attention and acceptance and to be able to process their grief as a family, but her dad kept shutting her out. In Barbie, that need was more of a sub-storyline, and much different family dynamics, but it was there. It’s a universal need.

• Like 4

Teachers start tomorrow - class work day. I'm not sure what I'm doing or what I should take. I took a look at the classroom after church and some some shelves had been moved in, a cabinet for storage, but no whiteboards have been mounted on the wall. I have no idea how big they are going to be, so not sure what all is going on that side. I have a sketch of how I may want things, but won't know for sure until the tables are in there. I don't know how big they are. I went through the teacher things in my garage and decided on a few things to take with me to start. I'm not sure if I should take the teacher manuals that I have. I'm riding with the principal tomorrow, so can't just run home to get things.

Gymnast has a full morning of live classes tomorrow, and I think one will start while we are in the car. I've already set up her computer to recognize my hotspot.

My computer is acting up. It's like my battery doesn't want to hold a charge, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Hopefully, my car will be ready tomorrow.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

I am up and at ‘em at O’ Dark Thirty this morning. Virtual teacher meeting at 9:00 this morning. The girls have an orthodontist appointment at 11:10 this morning, so at some point I’m going to have to switch from my laptop to my phone so I can take them and still stay in the meeting.

My girls have orientation tonight at school, so there’s that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Renai said:

Teachers start tomorrow - class work day. I'm not sure what I'm doing or what I should take. I took a look at the classroom after church and some some shelves had been moved in, a cabinet for storage, but no whiteboards have been mounted on the wall. I have no idea how big they are going to be, so not sure what all is going on that side. I have a sketch of how I may want things, but won't know for sure until the tables are in there. I don't know how big they are. I went through the teacher things in my garage and decided on a few things to take with me to start. I'm not sure if I should take the teacher manuals that I have. I'm riding with the principal tomorrow, so can't just run home to get things.

Gymnast has a full morning of live classes tomorrow, and I think one will start while we are in the car. I've already set up her computer to recognize my hotspot.

My computer is acting up. It's like my battery doesn't want to hold a charge, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Hopefully, my car will be ready tomorrow.

I’ll be praying for you these next few days, Renai. You’re going to do great.

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

There's a noisy storm blowing in.  Dd20 went to the bank and college advising session and she hopefully went back to the bank to ask them to help her order checks.  She's never had any and is coming across situations.        

I am needing to get a handle on vehicle requirements.  Thursdays might be tricky, but manageable as long as ds28 doesn't need to go into the Big City that day.

EdPo: Avert Yer Eyeballs!    

I have cleaned out the supply caddy - a bath/shower caddy that we've used for many many years.  We are going to say good-bye to it because we just don't need anything that big taking up space on the shelves.  

Also, I realized that dd14 does not have the required biology textbook.  I guess I figured that since we have 17,000 biology textbooks, one of them would work, but no.  So I got that ordered.  Class starts Thursday but the first chapter is available online so she'll be able get her work done.  Dd14 is feeling quite grumpy about the situation.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

So it looks like both the church and pastor are available for the Big December Wedding Plan.  Deep breath.  Just keep breathing just keep breathing just keep breathing breathing breathing what do we do we breathe.

I know you have two weddings going on here. What months again?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I know you have two weddings going on here. What months again?

October is dd25 - she is essentially planning the whole thing so there is not much for me to do except make sure everything is taken care of on our end.  We all still need shoes.  December will be for dd20.  It will be a small, simple wedding and reception, but I am thinking there is really no such thing as a small and simple wedding, lol.  Junie, HELP!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

October is dd25 - she is essentially planning the whole thing so there is not much for me to do except make sure everything is taken care of on our end.  We all still need shoes.  December will be for dd20.  It will be a small, simple wedding and reception, but I am thinking there is really no such thing as a small and simple wedding, lol.  Junie, HELP!

Dd20 did most of the planning herself, so I don't know how much help I can be.

The first thing to figure out is the budget, and then the next thing would be to prioritize the things most important to her.

She will probably want to prioritize the dress (but I could be wrong).

Next, I think, would be to figure out food.

See how much is left for flowers and decorations -- those can be simplified if necessary.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Dd20 did most of the planning herself, so I don't know how much help I can be.

The first thing to figure out is the budget, and then the next thing would be to prioritize the things most important to her.

She will probably want to prioritize the dress (but I could be wrong).

Next, I think, would be to figure out food.

See how much is left for flowers and decorations -- those can be simplified if necessary.

OK.  So dd20 just reminded me that fsil's church should be available for a reception if the remodeling of our church's basement is not finished.  So that is a huge weight off my mind (and budget!).  

I think she has a couple good dress options and she just needs to choose one - she is a smidge on the indecisive side, lol.  

Food I think will be charcuterie and probably mostly pies and a couple small cakes.  The girls and I can make the pies and cakes and I found a blog that gave a good list and budget for a charcuterie reception, though ours will likely be much smaller.  There are a couple people that I can contact to help get that all set up.  And the girls really want to help decorate, too.  

The church will be decorated already for advent, and because of the beautiful stained glass windows, will coordinate nicely with the light purple color she has chosen.  I found a nice (and seemingly simple) pew bow thing we can add.  We'll order white roses from Costco and small purple artificial accent flowers.  Dd25 said we can have anything from her wedding to decorate with as well.  Ds18 said he would play cello and we have a couple options for pianist.

We'll have to find someone who will do reception music and possibly dance calling.  If I don't have to pay for a reception venue, I might have some spare budget to hire someone if necessary.

Thanks Junie!  I think I can stop panicking now.  😁

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Work for me. Last day of vacation for the girls. I have meetings galore today. Bleh!!

Last night we went to the girls’ school to pick up their Chromebooks and take pictures for school IDs, etc. We waited in line for 2 hours for pictures.  They had one photographer for about 500 kids. It was unbelievable. We weren’t able to go to the classrooms and meet the teachers or anything because we were waiting in that stupid line sweating to death because it was so hot. I can’t remember what they did in years past,  but I know it wasn’t that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I hit an owl last night while I was driving dd18 home from work.  I saw it swoop out of the trees -- and then it landed on the road right in front of me.  I had maybe 10-15 feet -- not nearly enough time to stop. 😞

• Sad 3

Happy Tuesday!

I HAVE MY CAR!

Another day in the classroom. It was supposed to be CPR training today, but the trainer is also a volunteer firefighter, and she suffered heat stroke and a heart attack when fighting a fire recently. 

The whiteboards didn't come in yesterday, so it was hard to determine where bulletin boards and shelves would go on one wall, which affected how I considered my design of every else. I did get one bulletin board up by guestimating. I printed out a bunch of things last night and am taking my laminator to do that stuff today. I have half a mind to take my printer...

Since I have my car, I'm taking Gymnast out to lunch to celebrate her coming of age event. 😁 

I haven't exercised in 2 months, breaking my one year streak of mostly-daily movement. Imma see if I can find something short and sweet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did a sample barre workout. I almost threw up. 😂 I didn't, though, and finished it. It actually wasn't too hard.

Gymnast had her first full day of K12 yesterday. She didn't finish her independent stuff. I told her she'll get the hang of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will add that I highly recommend spending a few nights on a Maine Windjammer at least once in your life.  It's amazing.  There are many different schooners but I can definitely recommend the J&E Riggin.  The chef on board was amazing, made everything from scratch, and accommodated different diets (gluten free and no beef/pork) along with the regular meals.

https://www.mainewindjammer.com

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Work for me. Last day of vacation for the girls. I have meetings galore today. Bleh!!

Last night we went to the girls’ school to pick up their Chromebooks and take pictures for school IDs, etc. We waited in line for 2 hours for pictures.  They had one photographer for about 500 kids. It was unbelievable. We weren’t able to go to the classrooms and meet the teachers or anything because we were waiting in that stupid line sweating to death because it was so hot. I can’t remember what they did in years past,  but I know it wasn’t that.

This reminds me, I've been meaning to ask about how to make some form of picture/student ID cards for my kids. Oldest wants something of the sort to keep in his wallet. Ideas?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

This reminds me, I've been meaning to ask about how to make some form of picture/student ID cards for my kids. Oldest wants something of the sort to keep in his wallet. Ideas?

I just made something in Powerpoint, printed and laminated it.  But you can order cards from HSLDA or Homeschool Buyers Club.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Do you have an umbrella school?  Ours will make cards for registered students. 

• Like 2

I spent an hour of quality time with the printer and didn't kick it even once!    

After consulting ITGoogle-YouTube, I had it perform a couple maintenance tasks after which it insisted there was a paper jam which I couldn't find after taking the whole thing out of it's cubby, turning off, unplugging, checking all the jammed paper hiding places, turning back on, getting another jammed paper error, and etc, until I finally found a piece of paper hiding which just so happened to have a bunch of blue squares printed on it!    

So I put everything back together and printed a test page and Bob's your uncle, I've got color printing!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

No? Tbh, I'm not sure what an umbrella school is, though. 

In TN, an umbrella school is a registered private school and homeschooling families are satellite "branches" of that school.  So I report student classes, attendance, and grades to the umbrella school and they provide transcripts, diplomas, legal forms, and all the things a public school guidance counselor would do if requested.

The other homeschooling option is to register with your local public school district.  I don't know anyone who does that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

In TN, an umbrella school is a registered private school and homeschooling families are satellite "branches" of that school.  So I report student classes, attendance, and grades to the umbrella school and they provide transcripts, diplomas, legal forms, and all the things a public school guidance counselor would do if requested.

The other homeschooling option is to register with your local public school district.  I don't know anyone who does that.

Wow, I might need to need to talk to DH about moving to TN! 😍😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

Busy, busy!!

The girls start school today. It’s DD1’s senior year, DD2 is starting high school and Baby is starting junior high. Aaaack. Everyone is growing up.

I have a Professional Development all day in the Big City.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I need to make some decisions today and communicate with people.  But storms are going to be moving through the area, so I may need to put all my focus on being "weather aware" instead.  Safety first! 😂      

It's time for a trip to Aldi before People start to panic and then get math programs installed on new laptop and see if ds28 will help me with other computer issues.  I think I have the freezer meal plan ready and just need to decide when to make the various things.

Breakfast is ready.  Greek yogurt with fresh peaches and granola.  And 

Coffee!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have accomplished bits and pieces of things today.  I've decided that tomorrow will be French onion soup, Monday will be chili, and Tuesday will be Tacos de Carnitas.  The next Thursday will be tomato bisque.  In the mean time I can make bbq sauce and taco sasoning.

I will be there tomorrow! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

Work and School!!

Had a full day of mind numbing meetings yesterday. ugh!! Those were in person. Generally, we have two big in-person meetings per year with all the teachers. Monthly we get together in-person with our smaller cohorts. I have a couple of meetings today, but those are on Zoom, and then I have to start contacting my new families. I hate making phone calls.

The girls had a reasonably good first day back to school.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Good morning!

I've got to get my kitchen counters cleared off before Slache gets here!

I drove the girls to their first day of tutorial.  I think they are pretty excited about the year.  It's a good place for them.  I found out this morning that we are invited to dd20's college picnic tonight which is at the park across the street.  I want to go but then there's also French onion soup.  Maybe we'll have the soup and then hop over to the picnic for dessert.

Imma see if I can get the food processor working to slice the onions.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2