Menu

Ignore this thread!

So, the new guy does know the AC needs to be replaced.  We had that discussion months ago when he first came around looking at the building checking on all the stuff wrong with it.   So it won't be a surprise or anything.  And I"m sure he's aware summer is coming.

• Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Hopefully (fingers and toes crossed!), the new guy will be open to giving us more space.  We talked about that briefly when he did his walk around.   He is willing to give us a couple extra rooms but it's not enough to last us very long before needing more space again (it's only what we need right now) and he wants a five year lease.  So unless he's willing to give us more than that, I'm not signing a new longer lease.  I'll just wait until my current lease is up next year and move.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I thought that I saw a moose. It was a fallen tree. Moose hallucinations. 

Juliet had a positive trail encounter with a lady who believed me when I said that she was a scaredy dog and let Juliet quietly sniff her. 

Day 249 hike with Juliet 

Do you live where you are likely to see moose?

• Like 3

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

Graduation Day today. Even though DS technically graduated in December he is walking today. Fun stuff. Party is tonight. It will be small. So much going on, though, so my head is really not into it, but I have some decorations, the food has been ordered, picked up graduation cupcakes at the store last night. fortunately. we’re having a cool down, so it should be comfortable in the back yard tonight.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!

School and work!!

Graduation and the party went well last night. I ordered waaaay too much food. My biggest fear is running out of food, so i go overboard the other way, unfortunately. Well, we will have leftovers.

This weekend we will be gone to Memorial Day Family Camp, so you may not hear from me again till Monday afternoon. There is no cell service where we are going.

• Like 5

Good morning!

Happy Family Camp, Krissi!

I woke up at Dark o'clock worrying about a couple of key details about our trip next week that sort of need to be taken care of or we won't be going.  Then I dozed off a bit and finally I got up to find that Pup is being Sir Poops-a-lot.  He pooped on the rug!  He hasn't pottied in the house since he was a little puppy.  He will only poop in our yard under severe circumstances, even.  I am guessing his ear infection medicine is messing with him a bit.

Anyways.  I am drinking old coffee and trying to get up the gumption to deal with the poison ivy out front.

Some animal dug up one of my potted annuals!! 😡

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think I have everything packed.  And I will unpack, make substitutions and improvements, change my mind about those, change it back, and eventually I will have to just zip up the bags and head to the airport.  The only thing I don't have is reef safe sunscreen which I plan to purchase down there.

My arms are not strong enough for this trip.  It would help if I could lose 20 pounds by Wednesday.  I am hoping adrenaline will help me through.  

I'm having trouble focusing on anything.  Nevertheless.  We are having bratwurst and chips for dinner.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I think I have everything packed.  And I will unpack, make substitutions and improvements, change my mind about those, change it back, and eventually I will have to just zip up the bags and head to the airport.  The only thing I don't have is reef safe sunscreen which I plan to purchase down there.

My arms are not strong enough for this trip.  It would help if I could lose 20 pounds by Wednesday.  I am hoping adrenaline will help me through.  

I'm having trouble focusing on anything.  Nevertheless.  We are having bratwurst and chips for dinner.

I’m losing track of all your trips. Which one is this?

• Like 3

I spent all night cleaning in anticipation of our dishwasher delivery/install today. They delivered but couldn’t install. We need a plumber. The plumber will need to do things. And then we can call the installer back out. Holiday weekend. Will not be using our new dishwasher for awhile. I’m sad about that, but even more irritated I spent so much energy cleaning and all I got was a dishwasher in a box in my entryway.

Ah, well, I do have a clean house. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

18 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I’m losing track of all your trips. Which one is this?

This is another boy scout "high adventure" trip to the Florida Keys with my two youngest girls and their troop.  We will be paddling in a double canoe thing about 6 miles to a deserted island and camping there for 4 nights.  Then paddling back.  Meanwhile we will get to snorkel and go fishing and avoid sharks.  Thankfully there is a composting toilet on the island.

4 hours ago, ikslo said:

I spent all night cleaning in anticipation of our dishwasher delivery/install today. They delivered but couldn’t install. We need a plumber. The plumber will need to do things. And then we can call the installer back out. Holiday weekend. Will not be using our new dishwasher for awhile. I’m sad about that, but even more irritated I spent so much energy cleaning and all I got was a dishwasher in a box in my entryway.

Ah, well, I do have a clean house. 

I believe we change planes in your city on the way to Key West.  I'll be waving hello!!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Good afternoon!

I went to a 9am movie with my griefshare friends - too early for popcorn, sadly and the movie was pretty bad (the second Book Club) but it was fun to hang out and then have brunch after.

Then I stopped by Kroger and got home in time to take dd16 to her pre-trip swim test.  Now finally home for good and having afternoon coffee.

Coffee!

• Like 4

On 5/24/2023 at 12:24 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Weed whacked. 
I’m finally at the point where I wouldn’t be embarrassed having someone over for a bbq. Maybe. 

Yay! I have yet to whack a weed still. Whether is crazy.

On 5/24/2023 at 5:53 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

I thought that I saw a moose. It was a fallen tree. Moose hallucinations. 

Juliet had a positive trail encounter with a lady who believed me when I said that she was a scaredy dog and let Juliet quietly sniff her. 

Day 249 hike with Juliet 

Speaking of meese. My daughter was outside with the dog, which started barking toward the farm. She turned around in time to see one of the farm dogs chasing two coyotes out the barn. A little excitement in our quasi-country corner.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:56 PM, Susan in TN said:

Ack!  My mom pulled up all my Four O'clocks!  They were looking so beautiful!  Why would she think they were weeds?  😭

Were you able to save any?

Today was a workday for my daughter's boy scout troop (girl's troop). She was the only girl to show up in her troop today. They did more stuff at the rodeo to prepare for the event in mid-June. They get free tickets for all their hard work!

We got home, I took a nap, and then finished the yearbooks for each of my four online preK classes. In lieu of them signing a page, I had the students draw a self portrait with their first name, and added those to the books. They came out really cute! Now, I guess I need to wash dishes, or something...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good afternoon!

I went to a 9am movie with my griefshare friends - too early for popcorn, sadly and the movie was pretty bad (the second Book Club) but it was fun to hang out and then have brunch after.

Then I stopped by Kroger and got home in time to take dd16 to her pre-trip swim test.  Now finally home for good and having afternoon coffee.

Coffee!

Did you like the first Book Club and this one was just bad, or did you hate the first one too?

I liked the first one and didn't even realize there was a second one.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Did you like the first Book Club and this one was just bad, or did you hate the first one too?

I liked the first one and didn't even realize there was a second one.

I didn't see the first one.  There were some good parts to it - I just thought the  innuendos got old and the writing/dialogue wasn't very good.  I was hoping it would be more like 80 for Brady, which I thought was rather fun and entertaining.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Renai said:

Were you able to save any?

No - they were all mixed up in lawn bags with the rest of the yard waste.  But I found a  little sprout that was overlooked and I'm hoping it will thrive!

I would love to go to a rodeo some day.  Our town has one every year but the tickets were all sold out by the time I got around to looking into it.

• Like 4