Menu

Ignore this thread!

Okay, so, I've been on the phone off and on all morning and this is what I have. I cannot have an OBGYN, but I can be a patient of the clinic. I have an appointment for the 3rd to have all my stuff checked, an ultrasound on the 25th, and something in December. My ultrasound is so late in the game we might have a gender. They want me to go to the clinic today or tomorrow to pee in a cup so they have a positive pregnancy test so that if something goes wrong they can admit me.

Well, that sounds like positive progress. :001_smile:

And YAY on the ultrasound.  Knowing the baby's (babies?) sex will help with gift planning!

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Well, that sounds like positive progress. :001_smile:

And YAY on the ultrasound. Knowing the baby's (babies?) sex will help with gift planning!

Shut up with the ies crap. If we have twins we'll have to buy a new car. As soon as I told our children's godmother I was pregnant she said we should pray so we did and she prayed that we have twin girls. Who does that? I did not give permission for that!
  • Like 7

Are you sick?

Was that directed to me?  No, and I'm trying to keep it that way.  I've been infection and antibiotic free for 3 months now.  This is after spending 7 months straight on antibiotics this past year.  It was 6 months straight the year before.  I have 3 doctors actively trying to help me not go there again this year.  

• Like 8

Shut up with the ies crap. If we have twins we'll have to buy a new car. As soon as I told our children's godmother I was pregnant she said we should pray so we did and she prayed that we have twin girls. Who does that? I did not give permission for that!

Belay that prayer! :D

No worries; ITT has your back.

• Like 7

Was that directed to me?  No, and I'm trying to keep it that way.  I've been infection and antibiotic free for 3 months now.  This is after spending 7 months straight on antibiotics this past year.  It was 6 months straight the year before.  I have 3 doctors actively trying to help me not go there again this year.  

I think it was, and I was wondering the same thing, hoping it not to be true for the reasons above.  Somehow I didn't think you'd want to unleash the ninja elephants (plus one bazooka-totin' pachyderm) on your very own DC.  Well, at least for them being sick.  For teenagers there might be other possible justifications.

• Like 2

I think it was, and I was wondering the same thing, hoping it not to be true for the reasons above.  Somehow I didn't think you'd want to unleash the ninja elephants (plus one bazooka-totin' pachyderm) on your very own DC.  Well, at least for them being sick.  For teenagers there might be other possible justifications.

The impetus for that comment was dd sneezing and then asking for a hug.  Contagion!  Get away!  Or at least wait while I put you in the decontamination chamber.  

• Like 6

Token school related post of the day:  Writing!  :svengo: :nopity: :ohmy: :(

Actually, we have no writing problems today, I'm just musing on where to go next.  I've been doing the cheap-o, but straightforward Writing Skills workbook from EPS.  She wrote a truly pathetic paragraph yesterday about why she likes minecraft.  (Garbage in, Garbage out, eh?)  We could spend more time with Writing Skills and look at different types of paragraphs and write some more paragraphs of the different types (process, definition, comparison, persuasive, etc.)  Or, I'm tempted to put a bunch of reasonable topics in a jar and make her draw one out everyday.  I'm okay with working on "automatic" writing over great writing right now, but I'd prefer she not produce terrible writing, lol.  She has had IEW in the past, but I don't want to go back to that -  I think it's time to move on and stop writing from models for everything.

More a vent, than a question.  But it was school related.  :001_cool:

• Like 3

Token school related post of the day:  Writing!  :svengo: :nopity: :ohmy: :(

Actually, we have no writing problems today, I'm just musing on where to go next.  I've been doing the cheap-o, but straightforward Writing Skills workbook from EPS.  She wrote a truly pathetic paragraph yesterday about shy she likes minecraft.  (Garbage in, Garbage out, eh?)  We could spend more time with Writing Skills and look at different types of paragraphs and write some more paragraphs of the different types (process, definition, comparison, persuasive, etc.)  Or, I'm tempted to put a bunch of reasonable topics in a jar and make her draw one out everyday.  I'm okay with working on "automatic" writing over great writing right now, but I'd prefer she not produce terrible writing, lol.  She has had IEW in the past, but I don't want to go back to that -  I think it's time to move on and stop writing from models for everything.

More a vent, than a question.  But it was school related.  :001_cool:

Is this for your 12 yo or your 7 yo ?

Token school related post of the day: Writing! :svengo: :nopity: :ohmy: :(

Actually, we have no writing problems today, I'm just musing on where to go next. I've been doing the cheap-o, but straightforward Writing Skills workbook from EPS. She wrote a truly pathetic paragraph yesterday about shy she likes minecraft. (Garbage in, Garbage out, eh?) We could spend more time with Writing Skills and look at different types of paragraphs and write some more paragraphs of the different types (process, definition, comparison, persuasive, etc.) Or, I'm tempted to put a bunch of reasonable topics in a jar and make her draw one out everyday. I'm okay with working on "automatic" writing over great writing right now, but I'd prefer she not produce terrible writing, lol. She has had IEW in the past, but I don't want to go back to that - I think it's time to move on and stop writing from models for everything.

More a vent, than a question. But it was school related. :001_cool:

Probably better than John's. We were fighting yesterday and he asked what he could write so I said write whatever you want and he wrote I like dogs but not spiters. Then when I pointed out his mistake he argued about it. He has said the word spiters like 20 times in the past 24 hours.

• Like 2

Probably better than John's. We were fighting yesterday and he asked what he could write so I said write whatever you want and he wrote I like dogs but not spiters. Then when I pointed out his mistake he argued about it. He has said the word spiters like 20 times in the past 24 hours.

Nice sentence.  Spelling will work itself out.  My 7yo still confuses "our" and "are" because certain people <ahem> are not as careful with their pronunciation as they should be. 

• Like 3

My everything hurts.

My hair is always fab.

Renai needs to put an alarm on her phone.

I vomited eggs. Eggs! There are so many better options.

No, I didn't forget my pill. I purposely skipped it so I could switch to taking it in the morning. 

On my most queasy days, I only ate what would feel okay to the throat on the way back up. Imagine that diet...yeah, I know you can.

• Like 2

Why did I tell you all of that first instead of my husband? I hope this is not a reflection on my marriage.

Nah. There is a fertility board I frequent, and the women there are always announcing to us prior to significant others. Mostly, it's because they're asking if we can see the line on their tests at 8-14 days past ovulation. Since we see it first, well...

• Like 3

My darling 18 month-old has... idk...maybe 5 words he can actually say? But the Latin first declension noun endings? He can sing that like a pro.

Thanks to you my son thinks that the flood and the Tower of Babel happen simultaneously. He has a drawing of the Tower of Babel covered in water. You have ruined my son.

• Like 2

I used to babysit this little girl with terrible parents. They told me how I didn't need to bathe John everyday, how it really only needed to be done once or twice a week because of his age. He was two at the time. Their daughter was two as well and she had urinary tract infections and diaper rash all. the. time. It was so sad.

Thanks to you my son thinks that the flood and the Tower of Babel happen simultaneously. He has a drawing of the Tower of Babel covered in water. You have ruined my son.

Seriously, though:  Hand motions may help a lot with that.   :thumbup1:   You Tube it... pick whatever variations you like best.  

Seriously, though: Hand motions may help a lot with that. :thumbup1: You Tube it... pick whatever variations you like best.

Nah. He doesn't like the hand motions and by the time it's important to know the difference he'll get it. He can tell you the story of Noah's Ark and the story of the Tower of Babel, but for some reason he just combines them when he's not telling you the stories.

• Like 1