• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I feel like I probably have the second oldest child on ITT.  Dd just turned 28.  I thought Jean had me beat but evidently not.

I go for my mammogram first thing tomorrow morning.  Then I have to bury bones for my forensics class.   Somebody killed Snow White and 6 of the dwarfs.   They have to find the evidence and solve the crime.  

The seventh dwarf did it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I feel like I probably have the second oldest child on ITT.  Dd just turned 28.  I thought Jean had me beat but evidently not.

I go for my mammogram first thing tomorrow morning.  Then I have to bury bones for my forensics class.   Somebody killed Snow White and 6 of the dwarfs.   They have to find the evidence and solve the crime.  

I was already in my mid 30’s when I had my kids. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Doesn't Rod&Staff have a grammar/punctuation review workbook?

29 minutes ago, Renai said:

Yep. https://www.milestonebooks.com/list/Rod_and_Staff_Remedial_English/ This shows the whole set, but they can be purchased separately.

Yeah, my kids have been burned on R&S. If they see it, they will rebel. BUT I am going to check out any and all suggestions regardless of their little fweelwings. Bah! I should have made them all stay with FLL and GWTM!

What about Analytical Grammar?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was already in my mid 30’s when I had my kids. 

I was in mid-20's for the oldest but mid-late 30's for the younger two.   

I thought that we were also about the same age (I'm turning 53 in July) but either the math isn't adding up or I'm too tired because it's 6:30 in the morning.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why is BSA the preschool of extracurriculars??

Every time my child comes home there is one new thing that's ridiculous, one thing I have to do by next time that they could have told me about months ago, and one thing I have to say no to.

*sigh*

All right, let's make Tuesday go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

I'm trying to get the Tuesday of Teens to go.  The Pup got to pounce around with a Golden Retriever friend for a minute at the park and came home to the Two Youngest practicing frisbee in the front yard.  Oh joy!

My shoulder has decided to throw a fit.

I should make a list.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In other news, I'm having cottage cheese with pineapple tidbits for lunch.

A song for lunch, with apologies to Joan Jett.

I Love Cottage Cheese

I love cottage cheese
Just put another scoop in my bowl now, baby
I love cottage cheese
So add a little fruit and eat with me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Boo.

There's all these small villages being evacuated northeast of us. I've been here over 20 years, and these places are within 90 miles from our home and I've never heard of them. Lots of land and livestock in those areas, it seems. The biggest fire is dangerously close to Las Vegas, a historic town.  There's three colleges there, one evacuated There's a picture and you can see the fire in the hills behind that college. Many from the small villages had evacuated to Las Vegas, and now looking at another possible evacuation. West of us is another fire, which is where most of our smoke is coming from. Air is pretty clear (skies are hazy) until early afternoon, though. We're just sitting in the middle of it all, not in any danger.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

In other news, I'm having cottage cheese with pineapple tidbits for lunch.

A song for lunch, with apologies to Joan Jett.

I Love Cottage Cheese

I love cottage cheese
Just put another scoop in my bowl now, baby
I love cottage cheese
So add a little fruit and eat with me!

Nope, nope, nope, nope.  Cottage cheese is on my Big Nope list! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Alex keeps forgetting the name of the language he was so desperate to learn. Today he learned 2 letters and how to say hello. He thinks that's a good pace for now. I guess tomorrow we'll do good morning and 2 more letters.

• Like 4

Edpo: I decided to let ASD Son’s and DS 16’s Lang Arts stay as it is. They are both doing great so why mess with it?

I switched DD for CAP WOL and W&R. ASD Son will use her TGTB L5 later so I’m not out cash there.

I sold/returned Apologia Gen & Phys. Sci. for Novare Physical Sci.. I’m done buying books for now. (And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Shepard's pie. Kidding! Meatloaf, whipped potatoes, and broccoli.

This is almost disassembled shepherd's pie. It's shepherd's pie from Ikea! All the parts are separate and one of them is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3