Menu

Ignore this thread!

This is what I want: a 3-ringed "folder" that is designed to hold, say, 5 to 20 pages that will open flat (like in a binder) without having to fold the pages open (like with the gold brads). But I want it to be thinner than a 1/2" binder. Thin like a pocket folder and with the ability to add new pages. Also, it should cost less than $3.

Does this exist? If not, will you invent one? I need 6 of them by 8am on Tuesday.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

P.S. I am willing to jerry-rig something. I have 3-hole-punched pocket folders.

• Like 3

All these little kittehs are very cute. All I have are very old kahts. I sometimes threaten them with a kittehn.

Yessssss.  Get a  kittehn.  My white cat is almost 9 years old, but that is an estimate because she is a rescue.  I hope she lives for 20 more years because I heart her so much.  Lap cat.

This is what I want: a 3-ringed "folder" that is designed to hold, say, 5 to 20 pages that will open flat (like in a binder) without having to fold the pages open (like with the gold brads). But I want it to be thinner than a 1/2" binder. Thin like a pocket folder and with the ability to add new pages. Also, it should cost less than $3.

Does this exist? If not, will you invent one? I need 6 of them by 8am on Tuesday.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

I have a lot of binder problems.  And a lot of binders.  Let me know if your dream binder appears.

• Like 3

Yessssss.  Get a  kittehn.  My white cat is almost 9 years old, but that is an estimate because she is a rescue.  I hope she lives for 20 more years because I heart her so much.  Lap cat.

Not yet. I have five cats, all over ten, and three with significant health issues. I don't have the energy and patience to handle a little spring-tail right now, but someday. 

• Like 1

I need a cheerleader.  I need to get up off of my tired butt and find some chicken, defrost it and make stir-fry.  Where's Lynn when you need her?  

Go Jean Go!  Chicken stir fry sounds yummy!

I was having friends over.  We were going to grill.  Dh had to work.  So I grilled.  :smilielol5: And burnt it.  But it was still mostly edible.  :svengo:

• Like 5

I just completed a spy mission for my 90 year old mom.  She was worried about something with one my brothers that he won't talk to her about.  So I offered to call him and in the course of conversation he told me what I needed to know.   :ph34r:   She's happy and isn't worried anymore and brother didn't seem to suspect me of spying for mom.   :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Like 8

I just completed a spy mission for my 90 year old mom. She was worried about something with one my brothers that he won't talk to her about. So I offered to call him and in the course of conversation he told me what I needed to know. :ph34r: She's happy and isn't worried anymore and brother didn't seem to suspect me of spying for mom. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Wow! You're good. I always wanted to be a spy. Nobody would ever suspect a worn out middle aged mom with 5 kids would they? I just need to brush up on my kick-boxing skills.
  • Like 3

In the late 1980's, Pablo Escobar was bringing in $60,000,000 *per day* through drug trafficking. Things went badly for him in the end, though.

(I know this from watching "Narcos" on Netflix.)

I would do it for one day, and then I promise to quit and never do it again.

I am never ever leaving my bag with you in the airport.  

Just not on that one day.

• Like 4

Little dd colored the sides of a box for the kitten with chalk, and then Lily and I managed to get it all over ourselves.  I tracked blue chalk into the bathroom, and Lily still has it on her back and nose.  

#thereasonwecannothavenicethings

The struggle is real.

#catchphrase

#elliesaidit :hat:

• Like 4

So here is how you create a make-shift thin 3-ringed binder.

Supplies:

Pocket folder with 3-ring binder holes (poly folder is probably strongest)

Papers you want to insert, 3-hole punched

Spiral wire taken off an old spiral-bound paper notebook

Wire cutters (strong scissors might work)

Needle nose pliers

Cut the spiral wire so that you have 2 circles together. Using the pliers, gently bend the cut ends to lean toward the spirals (makes it less likely anyone will poke themselves with the wire - it is sharp). Insert your papers into the folder and line up the holes. Wind the spiral wire into the hole until both circles go through. Repeat this for each hole.

Works pretty good. You can make the spirals smaller with the pliers. Adding more sheets will be inconvenient but do-able - you can use the pockets if it's not super necessary.

• Like 4

So here is how you make a make-shift mini 3-ringed binder.

Supplies:

Spiral wire taken off an old notebook

Needle nose pliers

Cut the spiral wire so that you have 2 circles together. Using the pliers, gently bend the cut ends to lean toward the spirals (makes it less likely anyone will poke themselves with the wire - it is sharp). Insert your papers into the folder and line up the holes. Wind the spiral wire into the hole until both circles go through. Repeat this for each hole.

Works pretty good. You can make the spirals smaller with the pliers. Adding more sheets will be inconvenient but do-able - you can use the pockets if it's not super necessary.

Whoa.  You are GOOD.  I would have given up at the spiral wire taken off an old notebook.

I did make a top loading litter box from things I had around the house, but I was highly motivated.

• Like 1

So here is how you create a make-shift thin 3-ringed binder.

Supplies:

Spiral wire taken off an old spiral-bound paper notebook

Needle nose pliers

Noice!

Boo(complete the expression in accordance with your personal convictions)

Sing it with me!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

• Like 7