Menu

Ignore this thread!

Testing turning off the "Notify me of replies" switch at the bottom of the reply box.  Someone please click one of those response options and someone please quote in a reply.  

Wait, not this one!  I forgot to hit the switch!

When editing an existing post I don't get that switch anymore, so I couldn't turn it off when I edited.  There is, however, a box to provide a reason for the edit, so let's test that out in this post....

2 minutes ago, AMJ said:

Testing turning off the "Notify me of replies" switch at the bottom of the reply box.  Someone please click one of those response options and someone please quote in a reply.  

Wait, not this one!  I forgot to hit the switch!

When editing an existing post I don't get that switch anymore, so I couldn't turn it off when I edited.  There is, however, a box to provide a reason for the edit, so let's test that out in this post....

Huh, it didn't show the reason I gave for making my edit.

Hmm, I got a notification as I was typing in something else, but it went away before I could read it because I was typing.  I checked, and I see Slashie's like (thank you, Slashie dear!).

What do you know, a Booya(h)!

• Like 3

That notify me switch doesn't stay off for long.

I liked our notifications options before, where we could choose whether to get notifications of likes and quotes separately.  I wonder if they will give us separate control over that again?

• Like 1

Just now, AMJ said:

That notify me switch doesn't stay off for long.

I liked our notifications options before, where we could choose whether to get notifications of likes and quotes separately.  I wonder if they will give us separate control over that again?

Yes, I want this. I get too many likes because I post too much. And I'm in all the wrong clubs now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renai said:

You also can't go back to the last read post. It only shows "first" and "latest."

Well, that and the lack of post numbers is going to make it difficult when catching up in any thread.  Especially ITT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Go to the general education board. If there are unread posts in ITT there will be a star to the left that will take you to the first unread post.

Thanks!  Now to wait for another post so my star will light up....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Go to the general education board. If there are unread posts in ITT there will be a star to the left that will take you to the first unread post.

Yay, it worked!

Now I just have to remember to go look at the General Education board to get there.  I used to simply go to the general forums list and click "New Content" and it would list any new content from any shared (not invitation-only) forum's threads.

• Thanks 1

Phooey.  My scroll wheel just stopped working.  Might have to trouble-shoot soon.

And now it's working again.  I wonder if I have a loose connection somewhere?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renai said:

We don't have the ability to adjust some notification options because admin turned them off. And the page is blinding!

But, I'm glad it's back.

Yeah, it is a bit bright.  And yes, I'm glad it is back.  

• Thanks 1

The New Content link of old has been replaced with Unread Content.  The old New Content listing would include both threads with unread content and threads with all of the content having been read by the user.  The new Unread Content listing only includes threads with content the user hadn't read yet.  I'm not sure I like this.  I found the old listing more helpful.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AMJ said:

Phooey.  My scroll wheel just stopped working.  Might have to trouble-shoot soon.

And now it's working again.  I wonder if I have a loose connection somewhere?

Hmm, I edited that post, but it doesn't show the old notification that the post has been edited.

• Thanks 1

At the bottom of the page, below the Facebook and Twitter circles, is a Theme drop-down menu with two options, "Well-Trained Mind (default)" and "Default".  Try clicking the one that isn't checkmarked to see if the other theme option is any better for you.  Right now I find both equally eye-piercing, so I hope there will be some options to set our own viewing settings.

• Like 1

The overall Unread Content link is available at the bottom of the page now.  It will display all available threads with content the user hasn't read, not just the unread content for the thread or forum group one is in.

• Like 1

On March 30, 2018 at 10:30 AM, sweetpea3829 said:

Are we back?!  Do I get to be the first to reply on the new WTM?!  

For the record...I stepped away to deal with a bloody nose the other night, came back five minutes later and BLAM! No more ITT!  

Sweetpea, I am quite impressed that you pulled off this incredible stealth post!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 8:30 AM, sweetpea3829 said:

Are we back?!  Do I get to be the first to reply on the new WTM?!  

For the record...I stepped away to deal with a bloody nose the other night, came back five minutes later and BLAM! No more ITT!  

And it’s SweetPea for the Win!! Yay!!

• Like 2

I tried to edit my Clubs list under my profile.  I think I managed to leave one club I had listed, but I can't leave any others.  Some are from years ago, and some I don't remember ever having joined.  I'll wait a few days for site activity to settle, and try editing that list again later.

• Like 1

Hey, names started to appear under the reaction (Like) buttons.  When I started this morning the names weren't there, and each button had a drop-down to see who reacted in that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

We're back! My eyes don't like it. But ITT! But no coffee because out of milk.

We didn't have school yesterday because DS is sick, and I don't know how much we're going to get done today. :/

Hi, Whitehawk!  Good to see you!  But sad for sick DS and no coffee for you.  We can't select both Like and Sad at the same time, so I compromised on Confused.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AMJ said:

I'm not finding the old links that let us know who has the most posts in a day.  : (

(That's okay, I didn't need that call to competition, not really.)

I just found it.  It's at the top of the page, under the Leaderboard tab.  ; D

1 minute ago, AMJ said:

I just found it.  It's at the top of the page, under the Leaderboard tab.  ; D

Right now I am currently in the lead, too, and have earned 44 Reputation Points this period (however long a period is).  : D