Menu

Ignore this thread!

I had a terrible headache this morning due to FORGETTING COFFEE yesterday but it is almost gone.  Ds13 is running a low fever (probably what I had a week or so ago?) so he may have to skip cello lesson tonight.  Which wouldn't be terrible since there is no orchestra class tonight and then I wouldn't have to go anywhere today at all.  

1 hour ago, AMJ said:

That notify me switch doesn't stay off for long.

I liked our notifications options before, where we could choose whether to get notifications of likes and quotes separately.  I wonder if they will give us separate control over that again?

I turned it off in my settings.

Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ikslo said:

AMJ - Is "SE Texas" in your profile, or is it pulling your location from your phone/device?

It is something I set in my profile years ago.  Go to your profile, click on Edit Profile, then scroll down to Profile Information.  I have "SE Texas" in the Location box in that section of my profile.

• Like 1

Yes, I just visited your profile and saw that.  It now comes up under your number of posts.  It's bothering me that there is no space and no colon/dash. 

LocationSE Texas

Location: SE Texas would be much better.  Visually driving me crazy.  I'm easily bothered, it seems.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Yes, I just visited your profile and saw that.  It now comes up under your number of posts.  It's bothering me that there is no space and no colon/dash. 

LocationSE Texas

Location: SE Texas would be much better.  Visually driving me crazy.  I'm easily bothered, it seems.

Okay, peek at mine again.  I might have fixed it.

Oh, hey, I only just saw that it's right under my profile picture.  It wasn't that way when I started this morning.  I wonder what happened?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm pretty sure I have used more than 50 likes this morning.

As of this post of yours that I am quoting I counted 64 "Susan in TN reacted to this" listings just this morning.  Keep going!  Try to find the new limit, if one exists!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spudater said:

SO the heart button is the like but it gives you options for what you mean by that?

i like you all but it’s going to take me a while to get used to everything. And the brigh5ness makes it even more disorienting. I miss my old cozy forum.

Yes, the heart button gives a total of 5 options.  If you hover over the heart button you will get icons for Thanks, HaHa, Confused, Sad, and the heart itself is Like.  Hover to get the row of them and click on the one you want.  You only get to choose one "reaction" per post.

• Like 1

All of the emoticons in older posts in the thread are gone (not surprising).  Also, all of the likes of older posts are also gone.  I guess the new system doesn't support the old forms of likes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

LocationSE Texas

I added a colon and space to my location.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

There is a blue line marking where the new posts since my last visit start.  At least, I think that's what it means.  That's new.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.  Interesting!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lanalouwho said:

My notification settings are all messed up. I'm getting emails every time someone posts here instead of an on-site notification and my phone won't allow me to change it. This is going to result in lots and lots of emails.

Unfollow the thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From Heather:

"I have been in another world (the crazy world of caring for two people, both with Alzheimer’s and dementia) for the last 6 months. We just placed Mom and Dad in a memory care facility a few weeks ago he has been so mean and combative. Then, our whole family got the flu.

If you want to fill everyone in, feel free. I hope to have a life again in the near future lol, and to be back to ITT. I miss you all.

H"

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

I am now in a private club and can see all of their private posts. Lovely. Am I invisible to everyone? Not even an S?

Your name (Slache) is displayed, along with an icon that looks like a picture failed to display.  I wonder if they can't support the format of your avatar picture?

#Ihavenoideareally

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

From Heather:

"I have been in another world (the crazy world of caring for two people, both with Alzheimer’s and dementia) for the last 6 months. We just placed Mom and Dad in a memory care facility a few weeks ago he has been so mean and combative. Then, our whole family got the flu.

If you want to fill everyone in, feel free. I hope to have a life again in the near future lol, and to be back to ITT. I miss you all.

H"

Tell her we love her and miss her and want her back but want her to take care of herself and her family first and HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

I am now in a private club and can see all of their private posts. Lovely. Am I invisible to everyone? Not even an S?

I saw another thread somewhere in which others mentioned they were suddenly members of clubs.  I, too, have surprisingly been given many club memberships.  And they won't let me quit....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

From Heather:

H"

Oh Heather!! Send her big hugs!! She’s got a lot of her plate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AMJ said:

I saw another thread somewhere in which others mentioned they were suddenly members of clubs.  I, too, have surprisingly been given many club memberships.  And they won't let me quit....

There are clubs now?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

There are clubs now?

Look at your profile.  There are now tabs for Activity, Clubs, and About Me.

We might have to wait for the indexing to finish before we can see club stuff and do things there.

Oh hey!  I found a "Show that the message has been edited" checkbox.  I guess we can opt in or out of that on a message-by-message basis.

Edited by AMJ

14 minutes ago, AMJ said:

I have a feeling that we all belong to all clubs right now.  I'm sure that they aren't done with that part of the fix.  At least I hope that is the case. . . What I'm wondering about are my private clubs that should not be visible to others. . .   (Chronic illness moms and the Bible Believing Christians group both share personal information with each other.) 

All of a sudden I can see clubs. I have no desire to intrude. I hope they make the private clubs private. That should be a very high priority. @Susan Wise Bauer it would be better to deactivate things with personal information for the time being, than to have the information searchable to the public. (I invoked the head honcho... but privacy is important!)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have a feeling that we all belong to all clubs right now.  I'm sure that they aren't done with that part of the fix.  At least I hope that is the case. . . What I'm wondering about are my private clubs that should not be visible to others. . .   (Chronic illness moms and the Bible Believing Christians group both share personal information with each other.) 

I only have one club that I "belong" to - one for International Homeschoolers.  Ummm....okay.  It won't let me opt out.

Jean, I can't see either of those groups you mentioned.

• Like 1