• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I just made smoothies. Mary got the carrots, spinach and coconut milk, John got the frozen strawberries and peeled the banana, Alex got the tomato paste, cooking spray, tuna and vanilla. John pushed power, Mary pushed the 3 and Alex ran in terror. This is our daily ritual.

• Like 6

I just made smoothies. Mary got the carrots, spinach and coconut milk, John got the frozen strawberries and peeled the banana, Alex got the tomato paste, cooking spray, tuna and vanilla. John pushed power, Mary pushed the 3 and Alex ran in terror. This is our daily ritual.

That all goes in one smoothie?  I think I'll stick to my room temperature tap water.  ;)

• Like 5

Youngest could afford a half day to learn more chores, but the olders do not have enough time available to do that.  Additionally, trips to town take 45 minutes there and 45 minutes home, so that impacts the issue of time as well.  This school year, dh and I each make the trip at least once every day, and sometimes twice.   :eek:   As far as laundry goes, yes, they need to learn how for their own benefit, but as far as helping me out, we would need an extra set, or at least an extra dryer for it to do me any good for them to learn the chore.  If I'm driving them all over God's green earth, then they're not home any more than I am.  So, I guess I'm saying my biggest issue with laundry is needing to be home more.  

Anyway - not mad at you, but I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining how our lifestyle works, lol.    

Would you have a 2-3 hour hole in your schedule to devote to laundry?  And a decent laundromat nearby?  When I was in college I used to save up all my dirty clothes and wash them all at once at a laundromat, and I still do this with family laundry on trips.  Perhaps resorting to a laundromat for a spell, or for intermittent laundry relief, could be an option?

I need to pack an overnight bag for the boys. I'm sending them to MIL for the night.

I really need the break, but I'm so burnt out that I don't even want to put in the effort of packing the bag and driving them over there. And DH wants to go out (and we should) so that means I have to put real clothes on too. Blah.

Can he bring something yummy home to eat in? What if you promised to light a candle on the table?

We are back from the Old Lady Party and library stop. There weren't many who came to the party, but the kids played well and had fun and a lot of the staff stopped in to sing Christmas Carols with us. I'm trying to put together a beef pot pie for dinner. Ds13's cello teacher has requested a lesson and rehearsal with the accompanist on Sunday at 4:00 because it's the only time the accompanist can make it.

That means he has an orchestra dress rehearsal 1:30-3:00, lesson/rehearsal 4-5, and choir dress rehearsal 6-8. I guess we'll just stay in The Big City all day. Maybe get some ice cream. We were already planning on sleeping late and skipping church because we'll be home so late Saturday night.

It's the MOST wonderful time of the year! :D

#yourewelcome

• Like 6

"Daddy, my glasses are broken". Hooray, more on the to-do list. On the bright side, it looks like the only issue is that one of the screws fell out, and the glasses place is almost certain to fix that for free (actuallly, they're still under warranty, so, guaranteed for free). On the not-so-bright side, glasses place is on the opposite side of town. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

What a frustrating day.

• Like 1

I feel a bit pleased with myself because I found an independent music store that sells the quartz (not digital) metronome that I planned to buy the dear children for Christmas at $5 less than I could get at Amazon or chain stores (with sales).

Score 1 for Susan! Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

I am in a sugar induced coma. I had been doing so well this week and then I slipped and fell on the taquitoes for lunch and drowned in a sea of brookies. 😩. Dd’s Brookies turned out so well. It’s an allrecipes.com recipe if anyone is interested.

• Like 5

Unfortunately the salad got made and not the garlic toast.

My kids complain about my garlic toast, though. They think I use too much butter.

Too much butter? Too much butter? Do they believe in a flat earth? The abominable snowman, too? There is no such thing as too much butter.
  • Like 4

I need to pack an overnight bag for the boys. I'm sending them to MIL for the night.

I really need the break, but I'm so burnt out that I don't even want to put in the effort of packing the bag and driving them over there. And DH wants to go out (and we should) so that means I have to put real clothes on too. Blah.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Just talk to Monique from the ITT Island. She’ll come over with a spiffy outfit and do your hair and makeup for you! While you sit in an easy chair and Rocco will massage your feet and Roderigo brings you a warm beverage.
  • Like 6

I am in a sugar induced coma. I had been doing so well this week and then I slipped and fell on the taquitoes for lunch and drowned in a sea of brookies. 😩. Dd’s Brookies turned out so well. It’s an allrecipes.com recipe if anyone is interested.

I wish I was in a sugar induced coma.  Maybe I should check the pantry for a brownie mix.....

I would be happy not to. I’m literally shaking with fatigue and my muscles won’t stop firing (or is the nerves?). I scrubbed one cabinet door. I have dozed a bit but I will have to take a short car ride in a bit to pick Dd up from volunteering.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I have proven that you can kill yourself with housework. I’m hoping to be revived in an hour. Maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   resucihugs!

• Like 1