Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm beginning to think John (that's my oldest, he's 6) would prefer a world geography and cultures study. He *loves* geography. I want to do History though. Hmpf. We could do like a World Geography, Earth Science and Astronomy thing. He would love that. Spoiled brat.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm beginning to think John (that's my oldest, he's 6) would prefer a world geography and cultures study. He *loves* geography. I want to do History though. Hmpf. We could do like a World Geography, Earth Science and Astronomy thing. He would love that. Spoiled brat.

Too bad we don't live closer. This almost sounds like the exact study Gymnast wants to do: geography, gardening/plants, and space.

ETA: I have Galloping the Globe on the shelf and am considering it. It seems different from when it first came out when Dancer was young, though. We'll see.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 1

Too bad we don't live closer. This almost sounds like the exact study Gymnast wants to do: geography, gardening/plants, and space.

ETA: I have Galloping the Globe on the shelf and am considering it. It seems different from when it first came out when Dancer was young, though. We'll see.

I didn't think about Galloping The Globe. I think I need a bullet journal page for this.

• Like 2

I don't sleep last night. Not for a single minute. Insomnia is dumb.

We went to CC this morning (which was very overwhelming for Weapon X, definitely not a good fit) and had lunch with my MIL. Now I'm sitting in a waiting room because Weapon X's 2 o'clock checkup was actually at 3. They said 2 on the phone. I wrote it down. I have no idea how I'm going to stay awake through this doc visit + a 45 min drive home. And they'll probably want to eat again by then......

I want today to be over.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I just ordered my non-crappy week.  I hear shipping is running behind, though, so it might arrive next week.

That's what you get for ordering from Amazon.

You should get Amazon Prime.  Free two day shipping.  My non-crappy week is getting here Thursday.    

We went to CC this morning (which was very overwhelming for Weapon X, definitely not a good fit) and had lunch with my MIL. Now I'm sitting in a waiting room because Weapon X's 2 o'clock checkup was actually at 3. They said 2 on the phone. I wrote it down. I have no idea how I'm going to stay awake through this doc visit + a 45 min drive home. And they'll probably want to eat again by then......

I want today to be over.

McDonalds?  I give you permission (as long as you don't have food sensitivities/allergies, which I can't remember).  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 4

We actually had a really good day. Done around 2:30, got some good writing done, had a fun grammar debate with my online writers' group, walked another mile this afternoon with the dogs, and there's no dinner that needs to be cooked, although I will bake a few potatoes for those who want them before my writers' group meets tonight. My housekeeping is done. I'm slowly assembling snacks for a busy weekend.

Sometimes methinks my life is too boring for the ITT.

• Like 5

I want today to be over.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

We actually had a really good day. Done around 2:30, got some good writing done, had a fun grammar debate with my online writers' group, walked another mile this afternoon with the dogs, and there's no dinner that needs to be cooked, although I will bake a few potatoes for those who want them before my writers' group meets tonight. My housekeeping is done. I'm slowly assembling snacks for a busy weekend.

1. Non-busy lives give good balance when others' lives go overboard
  2. It gives you more time to write and make our squillions

:laugh:

• Like 5

That's funny because when I read all that you accomplish, I'm exhausted. I would hardly call your life boring! You are mucho productive!

• Like 4

I'm having fun describing the moment when the protagonist hears one of the secondary characters playing the piano. The sound is actually coming up through the floor of solid stone beneath him, because there's magic in it. :001_smile:

Of course now I have to figure out how composing music is like drawing sacred pictures or writing sacred poems. Because magic in my fantasyverse is all about taking chaos and finding order in it. 

• Like 3

That's crazy talk. You are far from boring.

• Like 3

Ack!  I was just asked to read a speech to the city council tonight.  I was asked to pick from two speeches.  One is super inflammatory and I told them that I am not behind it.   But the other one I'm comfortable reading.  I've had to find some nicer clothes so that I can pretend to be more socially acceptable.  And here I was planning on being a couch rutabaga. 

• Like 9

Ack!  I was just asked to read a speech to the city council tonight.  I was asked to pick from two speeches.  One is super inflammatory and I told them that I am not behind it.   But the other one I'm comfortable reading.  I've had to find some nicer clothes so that I can pretend to be more socially acceptable.  And here I was planning on being a couch rutabaga. 

You will need pantz! Go Jean! :hurray:

• Like 4