Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm tired. We had a basketball game this morning, then spent the afternoon with my mom.

We're supposed to celebrate our anniversary tonight, and I sort of just want to lie down instead. I'm lame.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

Hi!  We haven't officially met (as I am an ITT failure lately).  I'm Duck. Or Quackers.  Or, if you're talking to Jean, Quackersh.

Commiserating.  Tonight is my bday dinner-date with dh (my bday was a month ago).  We have a sitter, so I am going to go out, but yes..... a nap sounds so much better right now!  

• Like 6

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I zonked out for 2 hours. Now I'm ready to play and everyone is asleep.

Hi! We haven't officially met (as I am an ITT failure lately). I'm Duck. Or Quackers. Or, if you're talking to Jean, Quackersh.

Commiserating. Tonight is my bday dinner-date with dh (my bday was a month ago). We have a sitter, so I am going to go out, but yes..... a nap sounds so much better right now!

#noh Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Dh was so kind to take my place for set committee today, and was rewarded with a flat tire on the way there. Yay! Another $200 to put into this car that we've had for, what, 3 weeks now? Of course, now that our new insurance company is saving us 1/3 on our auto/home insurance and will allow us to make monthly payments, we don't have to sell our children to get the major repairs done. Which is good because now smoke is coming out of the hood if you put the air conditioner on. 🙀

• Like 2

I'm tired. We had a basketball game this morning, then spent the afternoon with my mom.

We're supposed to celebrate our anniversary tonight, and I sort of just want to lie down instead. I'm lame.

Not so lame.  It's hard to celebrate anything after a long, tiring day.  Can you celebrate it on another night, when you both have more energy to spend on each other?

• Like 1

I have one hanging rack, about 2.5 feet long.  A skinny drawer for undies and socks.  And two shelves (about 2 feet wide each) for folded jeans and sweaters.  No off-season bin, because I don't have the energy for such things after dealing with the kids' seasonal wardrobes.  But it all works very well, as on any given day I am lucky to even have my pants on anyway; and I love everything I do own, and have also eliminated decision-fatigue in the process.

That sounds good!  I have more clothes than I want to have right now but I am changing size (downward).  I'm waiting until the coolness of winter, then I will declutter out the hot-weather clothing that got too big.  Come next summer I can have another go at the cool-weather clothing.

• Like 1

Hi!  We haven't officially met (as I am an ITT failure lately).  I'm Duck. Or Quackers.  Or, if you're talking to Jean, Quackersh.

Commiserating.  Tonight is my bday dinner-date with dh (my bday was a month ago).  We have a sitter, so I am going to go out, but yes..... a nap sounds so much better right now!  

Happy birthday again, Ducky!  I hope you enjoy your dinner.

• Like 2

Panera has cushy chairs by the fireplace.  Perhaps I can sleep there?

Do they now?  I have never been there, but maybe I will give our local one a visit come winter.  If it ever gets cold enough.

• Like 2

Dh was so kind to take my place for set committee today, and was rewarded with a flat tire on the way there. Yay! Another $200 to put into this car that we've had for, what, 3 weeks now? Of course, now that our new insurance company is saving us 1/3 on our auto/home insurance and will allow us to make monthly payments, we don't have to sell our children to get the major repairs done. Which is good because now smoke is coming out of the hood if you put the air conditioner on. 🙀

Oh, no!  Was this a private sale or did you get it from a dealer?  If a dealer take it back and tell them you thought you were buying a no-smoking car.

• Like 1

Along with the beef roast I picked up a pork roast and cut it into chops so we can have those for supper tonight.  DH is now getting the grill started to get our meats nice and smokey.

I also picked up some slabs of Boar's Head chicken and ham to cube up for salads.  It used to be I was the only one doing this, but word has gotten around and now everybody is buying slabs for the exact same reason.  *foodtrendsetter*   :coolgleamA:

I thought about picking up turkey wings to make stock but I figured the soup will be enough cooking tomorrow (and will take the pot I'll want to use for the stock) and I haven't got enough empty fridge space anyway.  I looked anyway while at the store and they don't have turkey wings at the moment.  Maybe I will call Monday and talk to the butcher about when they expect to get some in.

Did I say?  I get to stop the Metformin for a little while and then go back to a much lower dose.  Already I'm more interested in food again and starting to think of things to fix.  Having an unhappy digestive tract can really mess up one's ability to cook!

• Like 5

It was from a dealer, but a used, "as is" sale. The dealership has actually done about $500 worth of work on it already at no charge.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm sorry, for the hassle and cost as well as the lack of opportunity to try my bad pun at the dealership.

• Like 1

Not all do, but the nice ones do. :) Well, I say nice. I think they're nice if they have fireplaces. Our brand new one has no fire place, so new, but not nice.

I will look for a chimney at ours next time I drive past, then.  I do like the Panera soup I picked up at Walmart earlier this month, so I know they do make something I like that I'm allowed to eat.

• Like 1

Husband is lame too. That's why I love him. Anniversary dinner just became takeout barbecue, redbird movies, and a six-pack.

Alrighty then!  Sounds like a great plan!

• Like 1

I'm back! The conference thingie was fine. Went grocery shopping at Walmart after and really slummed it by having lunch with the girls at the McDonalds in Walmart. I'm not sure it can get much lower than that!

Dh and I got the winter garden in this afternoon. Nothing much, just a couple of raised beds. We weeded, got the cat poop out, added more soil and planted green onions, fennel, spinach and lettuce. Got it in just in time, too. Experience has taught me that if I get it in any time after the end of September it won't grow. Daylight hours, I think.

Slashie, I'm sorry about fil. Hope he recovers soon!

Angi, you have been quite industrious this afternoon! You get a squillion points. I wish a storm would come here!

Lana, the anniversary dinner sounds great.

Critter, you have been industrious writing. You get a squillion points, too.

Jeannie, you shouldn't hug men you've never met.

Junie, you must share the cheesecake!

• Like 8

That's sounds great. I can't wait for chili and soup weather.

It's 90* here. Blech.

It is totally not chili or soup weather yet! But the choice was spaghetti or chili, and we had spaghetti last Saturday. The air conditioning is on so it's in the mid-70's in the house and we can pretend the weather is cooling off. :D

(I HAVE noticed slightly less humid conditions, so it's a step in the right direction. Also, the monkey brains are becoming plentiful.)

• Like 3