Menu

Ignore this thread!

That one's a puzzle. What are these vouchers he was supposed to take to court? Perhaps where he would get those is part of the scam, or whomever he would turn them into. It just sounds like a really weird set-up, even for a scam. Not to mention all of the other "details" that just don't make any sense.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these are sham scams, basically just prank calls someone does because he thinks it's funny.

Dh said that the vouchers would be made out with the money going to the "courts" address i.e. Into the scammer's pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm back. Had our weekly dinner at my parents' house. German sausage tonight. Yummy. And apple pie. My mom is an awesome cook.

I always study with something playing. It's like white noise. If it's too quiet then I pay attention to every little sound....

Uhhh, I think scammers are bad.

We have no teeth coming in or falling out right now.

I love Slashie's sign.

That is all right now.

• Like 6

Dh said that the vouchers would be made out with the money going to the "courts" address i.e. Into the scammer's pockets.

Quoting myself to say that this was a bit different than what I originally said because dh was telling me the story piecemeal.  He doesn't know how to tell a story from beginning to end. 

• Like 3

In case you are still looking, we love this:

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Story+Bible+%28Hardcover%29/053115

https://www.amazon.com/Story-Bible-Various/dp/0758619022/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474592766&sr=8-1&keywords=the+story+bible+Concordia

Rainbow resource is a bit cheaper. The illustrations are beautiful, and the twins love the Ask, Do, Pray sections.

I'm still ketchuping.

Thanks! I pinned them all and will get them from the library one by one. Are you feeling better?

Again with the Japanese drama! You are so sophisticated!

:coolgleamA:

Yeah, shady.  Are vouchers like money orders?  I hadn't heard of them in this context before.

Power just went out. This means that I can't fix dh's lunch and breakfast for tomorrow. And I can't use my Cpap. Very annoying. Plus I think that some lights are on but I don't know which ones so I am going to be woken up when it comes back on.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

1:08 am the power went back on. No lights went on since I had managed to turn off the correct ones. But now I have to get sleepy again.

I'm glad the power is back on.

I'm sorry it woke you.

I'm glad you turned off all of the correct lights.  What memory!

I hope you get more sleep.  Were you able to use your CPAP?

• Like 1

I hadn't either. I think so? Something about them only coming in $500 increments. Anyway, hopefully the guy has figured out that we're not gullible marks and will leave us alone.

Still no, just doesn't sound plausible.  There are many, however, who likely would fall for it because of the word "voucher".  Makes it sound (vaguely) more official.

Happy Friday morning!!!!!!

Today is my birthday!!

My 50th!!! 💃

Now...coffee!!!

Woohoo!!!!  Happy Birthday!  5-0!  5-0!  5-0!

You can have a Hawaii-themed party today if you want.  I did on mine.

:party:  :party:  :party:

• Like 6

DD12 is feeling a bit off today (being hit by allergies, I suspect) and asked for a day off of school today.  I agreed, and told DD15.  I just reminded DD15 she has clean dishes to put away, so she is doing that now.  I saw something different up on her computer and took the opportunity to go peek at what she had been doing -- she's got a webpage up about French words and phrases.

She's not studying French this year, though I know she wants to study it during high school.  Extra self-study on the side, with the whole weekend ahead to finish the school work due Monday -- yeah, I can allow that!

• Like 4

I hadn't either. I think so? Something about them only coming in $500 increments. Anyway, hopefully the guy has figured out that we're not gullible marks and will leave us alone.

I would notify your county's Jury Services.  They will likely not be amused and will notify the Sheriff's Office.  What they  the scammers are attempting is criminal.

Edited to fix an atrociously bad overuse of vague pronouns.  Someone should come and teach my poor child how to write.  Critter?

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 2

I would notify your county's Jury Services.  They will likely not be amused and will notify the Sheriff's Office.  What they  the scammers are attempting is criminal.

Edited to fix an atrociously bad overuse of vague pronouns.  Someone should come and teach my poor child how to write.  Critter?

I talked directly with the Sheriff's office yesterday.  They were already aware of the scam. 

• Like 2

Ok, I'm back! Got the boy delivered to school, I oatmealed, coffeed and now I got to get oldest dd out of bed and start school. My mom is coming over this afternoon to help me prune my boysenberries!

Happy Birthday, Angi! Hope it's a wonderful day! I'll send Sven and Rocco over later for foot massages and cold drinks with little umbrellas in them!

• Like 3