Menu

Ignore this thread!

My head hurts.  Dh just went to the store with a huge list.  It's really my job to do the shopping because he wanted to work on another project, but I just don't feel safe driving.  And I don't know if I could handle the grocery store.  So bright, so loud.  :(

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

(((Junie)))

(((Jean)))

Ikslo, I'm a spoiled brat when it comes to cars. I cannot afford car repairs so I'm only willing to buy a Honda or a Toyota. There are other cars I would be willing to buy, such as a Lexus, but I cannot afford them. I would never buy a Ford and I don't know anything about Mazda.

Yeah, I'm not leaning towards the Ford - at all. I'm just doing the test drive so I can tell DH no. :LOL: However, I will try to reserve judgement. Who knows.

I just have never known anyone who owned a Mazda. It looks nice online, but...

I will probably test drive a Honda Civic as well, but...

I just hate car shopping.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm not leaning towards the Ford - at all. I'm just doing the test drive so I can tell DH no. :LOL: However, I will try to reserve judgement. Who knows.

Oh my gosh me to!

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability/most-and-least-reliable-cars-by-class/

I took a Mazda 3 for a quick test drive.  The dashboard drove me crazy (but that was probably because of my migraine issues).  We were already pretty sure that we were going to get the Nissan Altima that we had already looked at.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not leaning towards the Ford - at all. I'm just doing the test drive so I can tell DH no. :lol: However, I will try to reserve judgement. Who knows.

We had a Mazda Protege for quite a few years.  It finally died recently (I think it was an '02) which is why we went car shopping a few months ago.

• Like 1

Oh! I have to put in a plug for a Prius. Ours was used, had 45,000 miles and one owner, and was $12,000. Excellent, excellent, excellent car. It was a joy to ride in and had a very spacious trunk. Because it was a hatchback we were able to put the dog in the trunk when we went to the beach or hiking because she was subject to the air conditioner or heater. We got 50 miles to the gallon. I highly recommend you check one out.

The battery is only good for 150,000 miles and then it costs $4,000 to replace but I've only known one person that's ever needed to replace it and it was at 250,000 miles. Do not get tan interior!

Prius owners talk Prius a lot so most owners are quite informative if you know one. Check out Prius Chat if you're interested.

• Like 2

No hatchbacks.

I don't like the Honda dealerships around here.

My husband is very opinionated about cars. All I know is I have loved my car for so long, I feel like I am ditching the relationship when things get tough for a younger partner. I tried to work it out, but I am putting way more into the relationship at this point than I am getting out. I'm sad, but it's time to say goodbye. But it doesn't make it any easier.

• Like 1

No hatchbacks.

I don't like the Honda dealerships around here.

My husband is very opinionated about cars. All I know is I have loved my car for so long, I feel like I am ditching the relationship when things get tough for a younger partner. I tried to work it out, but I am putting way more into the relationship at this point than I am getting out. I'm sad, but it's time to say goodbye. But it doesn't make it any easier.

Sometime we honor the things we love by letting them rest.

What kind of a car was it? Can you get another?

• Like 1

Mazda 3 - like! Way more than I expected

Ford Focus - um, noooooo way

Civic - I would want the EX but DH would probably not even want to pay for the LX, but I did love driving the LX

I'm leaning towards the Civic, but DS is mad that I'm considering sticking with Honda. LOL. He has no say.

• Like 5

I love dh's 2004 Malibu Maxx (hatchback). :D We got it with 125,000 miles on it and it has been very reliable. Sadly, we are selling it to ds this summer so he can have a vehicle that fits his bass - he is living off campus this year.

So many cars don't come with CD players these days. I don't know why it surprised me so much.

The answer to the CD player question is found in Susan's post.  Obviously people are carting their own instruments around to meet their music needs.  Live music is so much better than recorded.  :)

• Like 8

Regarding IP: I don't have one. Not looking to get one.

Regarding cars: we are a Toyota family - I drive a Sienna which I love and dh has a Corolla.

Regarding clean bonus rooms: Awesome!

Regarding children being disciplined for disrespecting the daycare provider: needs to be done!

Regarding black belt tests: way to go!

I is back from the Walmart. My house is moderately clean. I have peaches in the dehydrator and I also froze some to use for cobbler this winter. Now, I will curl up with Harry Bosch.

• Like 6

We start another Whole30 on Monday. We were supposed to start on the 1st but we're completely out of food so it just makes sense to start now.

I'm supposed to be starting the Daniel fast. 2 months ago. Having no food in the house is a great starting point.