Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Woke up with a really bad headache.  It's a bit better now, but still lingering.  Counting down the minutes until I can take more pain meds.  I might try to caffeinate it, although that usually just puts me on the caffeine/withdrawal headache path and I'd like to avoid doing that again.

• Sad 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

Busy day!! appointment in the Big City!! DD1 has a haircut this afternoon. Tonight at 6:00 there is a city meeting about annexing some farm land into the city limits, and our farm is in that section, so DH is going to that,  there’s a meet-and-greet for the new soccer coach, so I will go to that with DD1 and in the middle of all that, Baby has cheer and they get done an hour early, so I may have to leave DD1 for a few minutes to go pick up Baby. Ugh. we need another driver (ahem, DD1) and another car (can’t afford that),

• Like 3

Hello,

I'm back finally.    5 days of Fair set-up and Fair, then a 3:30am wakeup call for the airport, then I got called into work because one of my teacher's had a family issue to take care of.  Today I slept in until just after 10am then went and met my mother for lunch.   My life should be getting back to normal now.

Although my body is still very achy.  All the movement, standing, lifting, etc of fair on top of my fall off the step ladder isn't doing me any favors.  I'm hoping it will settle down soon.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Junie said:

I am being a good girl and eating a salad instead of ice cream.

I did the same thing. Salad for dinner and no ice cream when the kids had it. I ran 2 mi yesterday. Nothing today because I had to work early. Hopefully tomorrow I can workout and work. For some reason I eat worse when not exercising. But when I exercise, I can resist. Ice cream is my favorite, but I'm back in the workout mode... hopefully.

• Like 5

Your edpos make me feel like a slacker. We did... library reading for science last year. I started Apologia biology but didn't have time to read it so dd read it to herself and the boys read library books. I'm thinking about asking them what they want to do and buy a packaged curriculum like bookshark but probably not bookshark. I have to schedule our days this year. There's no way around it. Ugh. I like winging it but just can't get it all done.

• Like 3

Good Morning, Happy Thursday.

I'm doing my under desk elliptical this morning, then I'll do some yoga, slowly easing my sore body back into a routine.

I have math workshop today for dd and the two other kids who occasionally show up.   If nobody did their homework (the usual), it's basically me sitting there watching them do their homework.   I'm doing new routines for the fall so that it's not just week's of them sitting there doing their homework.   5 weeks from Monday until classes start again.    I need to get moving on plans.  I've done activity lists and outlines but I need to put it all together.  

Fall allergies seem to be starting up around here so I'm stuffier than usual.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Your edpos make me feel like a slacker. We did... library reading for science last year. I started Apologia biology but didn't have time to read it so dd read it to herself and the boys read library books. I'm thinking about asking them what they want to do and buy a packaged curriculum like bookshark but probably not bookshark. I have to schedule our days this year. There's no way around it. Ugh. I like winging it but just can't get it all done.

We only read for science. This is our first real science year.

I school year around for about 42 weeks so we can slack off all the time but still get things done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So… the good news is that the huge pork butt (#isaidbutt) that was in my freezer that I told my mom I was going to throw in the crock pot today for family dinner at her house tonight but then I noticed had freezer burn was totally salvageable. i only had to cut off about an inch and the rest was great, so it is in the crock pot. Pulled pork sandwiches for everyone.

• Like 2

It’s not supposed to be so hot today. Only 91 degrees, which is downright balmy for August. I’m drinking my smoothie, not really wanting to tackle the monster projects ahead of me. Reminding myself about how do you eat an elephant…”one bite at a time.”

• Like 3

21 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So… the good news is that the huge pork butt (#isaidbutt) that was in my freezer that I told my mom I was going to throw in the crock pot today for family dinner at her house tonight but then I noticed had freezer burn was totally salvageable. i only had to cut off about an inch and the rest was great, so it is in the crock pot. Pulled pork sandwiches for everyone.

Turned out good. Plenty left over, so I think we will have carnitas for dinner tomorrow night. I usually fry the meat, but a friend of mine broiled it once, so I need to get that recipe from her. Much healthier than frying.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2023 at 7:27 AM, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

A little less busy today!! I’m having lunch with my IRL BFF, but other than that, just getting ready for work that starts next week.

I start next week, too. Class setup and teacher PD. Open House on Friday, kids start on the 16th.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Turned out good. Plenty left over, so I think we will have carnitas for dinner tomorrow night. I usually fry the meat, but a friend of mine broiled it once, so I need to get that recipe from her. Much healthier than frying.

I put elk in the instapot the other day. Someone gave a hunk of it to dh. I shredded it and made gravy and it with mashed potatoes. Plenty left over; not sure what to do with it.

• Like 2

whaaaattt? Where is everyone?? nobody was here overnight?? No insomia?? What is the world coming to??

J/K

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!~D

I am up with the birds this morning. Woke up from a bad dream and just didn’t want to stay in bed anymore. So, i got up. Fed my sourdough starter. I am going to bake bread today. And clean the house.

• Like 4

Good morning from the Portland International Jetport!

I just finished eating brunch, which was a Burger King bacon king sandwich that was accidentally made for me instead of a quarter pounder with cheese.  They were severely understaffed.  It was huge, but somehow I managed it. 😂

So one thing I learned about Maine is that it can be a sweltering first week of August over the rest of the country but in Maine I will still need a sweater and light jacket.  

Coffee shop coffee is super cheap here - I don’t think I’ve paid more than $3.50 for a cup of coffee here.

Also, Maine has very good drivers.  Everyone drives the speed limit and kindly allows vehicles to merge into traffic.

Airport security would not let me take the French pastry rolling pin that I got at the Maine State Prison gift shop.  😭

Hoping to be home around dinner time.  We fly to Charlotte first and from there to Nashville.

Coffee!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Airport security would not let me take the French pastry rolling pin that I got at the Maine State Prison gift shop.  😭

So, what are you going to do with it?

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I would love to go to Maine!! It sounds wonderful. I’m glad you had a good trip, Susan!!

My dough is now autolysing. ooop, the timer went off. it is now time to go to the next step.

I think I'm going to try my hand at making gluten-free bread, part 2. The first time, I forgot to add salt, and didn't adjust enough for high altitude.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renai said:

So, what are you going to do with it?

I bought it to give to dd14 for Christmas.  It was beautiful.  You could tell that whoever the inmate was who made it put a lot of thought and care into the wood varieties used and their placement.

I suspect it will become a coveted item at the Portland International Jetport TSA Security Team Dirty Santa Gift Exchange come Christmas time.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I bought it to give to dd14 for Christmas.  It was beautiful.  You could tell that whoever the inmate was who made it put a lot of thought and care into the wood varieties used and their placement.

I suspect it will become a coveted item at the Portland International Jetport TSA Security Team Dirty Santa Gift Exchange come Christmas time.

There need to be boxes ready for people to address and pay for shipping to themselves.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

We're going to Maine the week of Labor Day.   We rented a house on one of the bays near Bar Harbor.   We're driving, it's about an 8 hour drive.  

8 hours is long but manageable in a day, especially if the scenery is nice.   

I really loved Maine.  Especially the quaint little towns.  The town I live in has a larger population than their biggest city.  Mount Desert Island is beautiful, too!  You'll have to see if that old used bookstore is still there.

oh so sad.  The book shop has closed.  😭 I have a picture of dh posing with the old yellow fisherman.  

Oh, also, it's cold there.  C. O. L. D.  But cheap coffee/tea, so there's that.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You'll have to see if that old used bookstore is still there.

oh so sad.  The book shop has closed.  😭 I have a picture of dh posing with the old yellow fisherman.  

Oh, also, it's cold there.  C. O. L. D.  But cheap coffee/tea, so there's that.

A couple times a year I take a trip up to Connecticut, which is about 2 hours away, to the Book Barn.   It's a huge used bookstore in Niantic.    Right on the water, small touristy town but we usually go in what is considered off season.  

• Like 5