• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

So. . . who would steal cremains and then get rid of the urn by hiding it amongst the sidewalk sale stuff at a craft store?  And what do you do with an empty funeral urn?  Sell it on E-bay?  

I thought urns were expensive. Sell it. I'm sorry your aunt's missing.

• Like 2

I am still at the hospital with the elderly lady I help because they had an emergency and didn't have enough staff. So we went to eat and came back. They are supposed to have more people come in at 3. Also I had to bring twins with me because dh failed to follow through with previous plans. I am so aggravated. The lady I help does NOT get along with children well. I am completely frazzled.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I call it The Case of the Abandoned Urn.  I tracked down which family member had the urn last.  They said that last they saw it was in a box in the car and they think it must have been stolen out of there.  Who keeps ashes in an urn in the trunk?  Anyway. . . .  I'm going to go pick it up since no one else wants to do anything and I think it is rude and disrespectful to do nothing when complete strangers took the time and trouble to id the urn and to track us down.  I'm a bit fed up with family, including dh, right at the moment.  

Well since the urn is now empty it is ready to be recycled to hold the ashes of all the putz family members.

• Like 3

We just got a package in the mail from my mom. It's a birthday present for John that he won't like. It's a clock, which is what he asked for, but it's memorabilia(?) for a college that he doesn't care about, but she likes. It's not even the right kind of clock. We haven't spoken in 9 days. I don't know what to do.

We just got a package in the mail from my mom. It's a birthday present for John that he won't like. It's a clock, which is what he asked for, but it's memorabilia(?) for a college that he doesn't care about, but she likes. It's not even the right kind of clock. We haven't spoken in 9 days. I don't know what to do.

Give it to Goodwill.  While you are there, find a clock that he would like.  Have him write a thank you for the "clock" (no descriptors).  Done.

• Like 6

Put it aside and ask dh what to do.

ETA:  My MIL gives a lot of irrelevant gifts to the kids, as well.

• Like 1

Well since the urn is now empty it is ready to be recycled to hold the ashes of all the putz family members.

Gets my vote.

Ds15 claims he has no underwear.  I just bought him some, and I do laundry every other day.  How does someone lose all his underwear?

I suspect, but cannot confirm, that missing underwear are plainclothes detectives looking for missing socks. 

• Like 3

This sounds like a police matter!

I tried to be Nancy Drew and solve it myself but I think it will remain a mystery.  I have my suspicions that seriously daft BIL (who had it last in his possession) might have done something with it.  But it is not worth it to me to ask him about it.  (Last Christmas he threw out all the kids' Christmas gifts before they could open them.  Seriously daft.)

Put it aside and ask dh what to do.

ETA:  My MIL gives a lot of irrelevant gifts to the kids, as well.

Good idea.

I called the funeral home.  She suggested using it as a vase.  She said that the urn probably cost $200.  

$200 is a lot of money. I'd sell it if you don't want it.

• Like 1

May-uh-nayz does NOT come in a jar. :svengo:

I have a kid who is allergic to eggs.  Even the jarred variety is not welcome in my house.

I stopped eating mayo a lot when I moved away from MA and could no longer buy Cains.  Seriously, we used to refer to it as Cains.  As in, "Mom!  We're almost out of Cains!"

I only eat it occasionally now.  And not at home.

• Like 2

Try to return it and buy a different clock?

You can tell your mom it didn't work.  You don't have to tell her that you failed to try to insert batteries or plug it in.

• Like 2

"You remembered that he asked for a clock. Thanks, mom!"

Is there somewhere you can put it that she'll see it?

Do I have extremely low expectations?

I like that!

I want the pink one. I wonder what shipping is. I'd pay $30 for that.

"You remembered that he asked for a clock. Thanks, mom!"

Is there somewhere you can put it that she'll see it?

Do I have extremely low expectations?

I'm thinking about this. It's his favorite color, and he loves Grammy. He might love it just because she got it for him.

I'm glad to see y'all have been holding down the fort without me: Solving crime (Sorry about Aunt Bob), finding missing underwear, dealing with Slache's MIL, shopping for sexy hoodies, and even doing a little school (working on enunciation). That's very refreshing to come home to.

Thank goodness you are back!

It was rough, but we muddled through.

• Like 5

You forgot taking care of the elderly at the risk of our own sanity.

I finally made it home at 5:15. 6 and a half hours with a grouchy (said with love) lady and two active 6 year olds.

Where's my medal? :D

Oops, sorry!  And wrestling two active 6 years old with a grouchy-ish lady at an understaffed hospital without casualties to any of the aforementioned offenders.  You definitely deserve a medal. 

• Like 4

You forgot taking care of the elderly at the risk of our own sanity.

I finally made it home at 5:15. 6 and a half hours with a grouchy (said with love) lady and two active 6 year olds.

Where's my medal? :D

<[ Dawn is #1! ]>

That's the best I can do.

Here are chocolates and flowers and drink of your choice, packaged in a lovely gift basket. (__)

• Like 4

Oops, sorry!  And wrestling two active 6 years old with a grouchy-ish lady at an understaffed hospital without casualties to any of the aforementioned offenders.  You definitely deserve a medal.

<[ Dawn is #1! ]>

That's the best I can do.

Here are chocolates and flowers and drink of your choice, packaged in a lovely gift basket. (__)

This made it all better. Thank you very much. I'm still mad at dh though.

• Like 2

Um. . . if I modeled that exact same hoodie, it would no longer look smokin' hot. Just the facts, Ma'am.

My thoughts exactly. I could pull that sweatshirt off though. Most of what that store carries wouldn't work for me, but it sure is cute! Except for the fake nipples. The purpose of bra padding is to hide your nipples, not accentuate them.

• Like 1

I am officially burnt out. I want a high salary and a nice car. I am so sick of not being valued and having to do four jobs to get a decent salary. Because you know.... I do mine and the job that was eliminated during budget cuts at a day and night job. I want to have one job. I need to quit.

• Like 2

I am officially burnt out. I want a high salary and a nice car. I am so sick of not being valued and having to do four jobs to get a decent salary. Because you know.... I do mine and the job that was eliminated during budget cuts at a day and night job. I want to have one job. I need to quit.

You sound like my mother. Sorry. I'd say get a new job, but that's easier said than done.