Menu

Ignore this thread!

The bottom Star Wars is shredded.

That's the email I got from DH at work. Translated it meant I had to stop on the way home and get a new set of sheets for the queen bed and new pillows too.

I have decided we wil not do school today. Because #itsmykidandwelllearnwhenwewantto

Like!  (obviously, I'm out again.)

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

You mean since the family vacation to the water park?  (Not to be Johnny Raincloud or anything....)

Oh, good grief!  I had almost forgotten blocked it out. :lol:

I console myself with this:  Water park vacay was planned by dh, who should not plan vacays.  SIL is an ENGINEER, so everything will be well-planned and executed.  I trust her with my life.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 5

Me too. So a long story about myself, and you all will realize how crazy I am. So a year ago this past weekend, I shaved my head. Yeah, seriously, I did. My mom had went off her meds for bipolar for a month or so and was in a complete manic episode. She had lice, and I didn't know it. So I was trying to get her cleaned up and into an emergency psych hold when it was discovered. I was treated her for lice, took her to the ER, and they admitted her. I ended up with lice and tried everything under the sun for a week to get rid of them: over the counter treatment, metal combs, olive oil, mayonnaise, you name it. I kept my hair up, it was longish, so I wouldn't spread it to the children, especially the girls. They have really long hair. After trying for so long with no results, I had DH shave my head with the clippers. All of it gone. But I got rid of the lice. :)

I have to say I was probably temporarily insane at the time because I had been dealing with my mom all summer and trying to get her help. We had to wait until she became a danger to herself and/or others. I just wanted rid of the lice, and I didn't want anyone else to get them.

I wore pretty scarves and bandanas for about 3 months. DH called me Demi (Moore) and then Halle (Berry). Now my hair is about 6-8 inches long. I am kinda amazed at how fast it has grown.

So please don't disown me for my extreme behavior. And I promise not to give advise for how to get rid of lice. :D

I've had my head shaved the two times I was pregnant, right before giving birth. Only this last time, it didn't grow back. :(

• Like 1

I've discovered that if you are trying to cook something that it helps a lot to actually turn on the stove.  (I bet ya didn't know that.)

#whatbrainfog?

I've lost track of how many times I've done this.

Or the reverse, which is SO much more dangerous and luckily for me, much rarer in my case...

• Like 6

Oh the hinting that I'm not welcome in this thread. :sniff: :sniff:

:)

Hey I do all the cooking, the kids' medical appointments and after school activities, the grocery shopping and the checkbook. What I really need to find is a purse a good size that's not too flashy. I'm an Earth-tones kinda guy.

• Like 7

Hey I do all the cooking, the kids' medical appointments and after school activities, the grocery shopping and the checkbook. What I really need to find is a purse a good size that's not too flashy. I'm an Earth-tones kinda guy.

1. The fact that we're giving you a hard time means we approve.

2. Try target.

• Like 8

I'm picturing your avatar wearing nude-colored pumps right now.  Hmm.

• Like 5

A Man Bag - Carry your stuff; still look tough.

• Like 3