Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am nervously sitting and waiting for the paint in little dd's room to dry.  I got it at Lowe's but I got a second gallon separately from the first, and it appears to be lighter, even right next to the wet from the last gallon.  I hope it is close enough...

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I am nervously sitting and waiting for the paint in little dd's room to dry.  I got it at Lowe's but I got a second gallon separately from the first, and it appears to be lighter, even right next to the wet from the last gallon.  I hope it is close enough...

Shucks.  That sounds boring.

Like........ watching paint dry.  

• Like 7

PSA:  When you need to match paint, take in the top of the can so they can see the formula.  These colors are slightly different, using the same paint chip.  Not sure what to do about it yet.  The room is almost finished.  May need to get another gallon of either and paint over all of it.  I think I might throw up now.

• Like 3

PSA:  When you need to match paint, take in the top of the can so they can see the formula.  These colors are slightly different, using the same paint chip.  Not sure what to do about it yet.  The room is almost finished.  May need to get another gallon of either and paint over all of it.  I think I might throw up now.

Yup.

But don't throw up. So not worth it. :grouphug:

• Like 1

The paint is off, and I will head to Lowe's to let them know.  Hopefully they will give me a free gallon of the first one (which most of the room is painted from), and the entire room will need to be gone over again. It seems like the simplest solution.  But ugh.

((((Tex)))))

That is misery.  So sorry.  

I AM TRYING TO PULL MYSELF UP BY MY BOOTSTRAPS HERE.

It just needed to be in all caps.

I think I'm probably finished feeling sorry for myself.  I reserve the right to feel sorry for myself again when I actually have to repaint a lot of stuff.

• Like 2

I think I'm probably finished feeling sorry for myself.  I reserve the right to feel sorry for myself again when I actually have to repaint a lot of stuff.

I hereby grant you that right.

#paintingstinks

#texasmamarocks

• Like 1

The paint is off, and I will head to Lowe's to let them know.  Hopefully they will give me a free gallon of the first one (which most of the room is painted from), and the entire room will need to be gone over again. It seems like the simplest solution.  But ugh.

Is the colour that noticeably different that it needs to be redone completely? Could you just leave one or two walls a slightly different shade? I'm trying to make your work-load lighter. ((hugs))

I did my dd's room in two different shades intentionally, and I've seen this in lots of places.

• Like 1

I think I'm probably finished feeling sorry for myself. I reserve the right to feel sorry for myself again when I actually have to repaint a lot of stuff.

Go ahead and all caps it. We can take it. We are the BA (or whatever) Ninja Elephant Ignorers.

If it makes you feel any better, I cannot pick paint colors to save my life. Before we moved a few years ago, I tried to pick a nice neutral color for the boys' bedroom - "Sand". But it ended up being the color of cheap bandaids. So after dh painted half the room, I begged him to stop. He went to the store and brought back the perfect color.

*Dh is partially colorblind*

• Like 3

I'm in the thick of finding contractors for all the repair jobs we have around the house.

It is giving me a headache.  

I wear way too many hats.

I AM OUTSOURCING DINNER TONIGHT.  End of discussion.  

You are lucky! My "contractor" is my dh. It's very tricky working with him. He's a little sensitive. ;)

• Like 3

Is the colour that noticeably different that it needs to be redone completely? Could you just leave one or two walls a slightly different shade? I'm trying to make your work-load lighter. ((hugs))

I did my dd's room in two different shades intentionally, and I've seen this in lots of places.

Thank you for trying to make my work-load lighter.  No one else worries about that.   :lol:

It is a mish mash of streaks here and there.  I can't live with it.  But I have come to term with that fact and will redo the parts that need redone.  Also, it is a really deep shade of purple so it needs two solid coats to cover.  This is the second time I've painted dd's room, and I hope it will be the last.  :)

• Like 2

OOOOooooooo!  Just the distraction you needed to take out the KCPT!  

That made me laugh out loud but fortunately I'm home now and no one will be tempted to take me out!

Dd had the effrontery to say she wanted to go home.  For some reason she didn't want to spend the entire afternoon at the library.  I thought I had made it clear that I was going there to actually get some work done but her middle school mind thinks in shorter time frames.  

• Like 2

You have my formal attestation.  I'll send you my bill later.  Formal attestations do not come cheap.  

I'll trade you straight up for me bossing you around and always steering you the right way.  That is not cheap or easy, I tell you that much.

• Like 4

My five darlings share an 18'x10' bedroom, but in spite of the close quarters they are typically very good at settling down to go to sleep.

Tonight? No.  And guess who the biggest offender is?  

Yup.  The 13 month-old. Standing in his crib, giggling hysterically, playing with the light switch, and throwing stuffed animals out at the others, causing them to giggle uncontrollably.  

Last night just after bedtime I had to march back in and weed out the guilty party in some offence I'd just discovered. When I demanded to know Who.Did.It, I was rewarded with this perfectly-orchestrated-in-order-by-age response, starting with my oldest:

"Not me!" "Not me!"  "Not me!"  "Not me!"    

and, then, from the kid in the crib who can only say ball, a cheerfully defiant and perfectly enunciated "NOT ME!"

The next 18 years should be a hoot.  

• Like 8

My five darlings share an 18'x10' bedroom, but in spite of the close quarters they are typically very good at settling down to go to sleep.

Tonight? No.  And guess who the biggest offender is?  

Yup.  The 13 month-old. Standing in his crib, giggling hysterically, playing with the light switch, and throwing stuffed animals out at the others, causing them to giggle uncontrollably.  

Last night just after bedtime I had to march back in and weed out the guilty party in some offence I'd just discovered. When I demanded to know Who.Did.It, I was rewarded with this perfectly-orchestrated-in-order-by-age response, starting with my oldest:

"Not me!" "Not me!"  "Not me!"  "Not me!"    

and, then, from the kid in the crib who can only say ball, a cheerfully defiant and perfectly enunciated "NOT ME!"

The next 18 years should be a hoot.  

Must be daddy then. The often overlooked guity party of silly offences. (unless it was mommy and she forgot she did it!) Way to go little one! Your speech is coming along great, and you are learning from the pros how to get out of messes.  :lol:

• Like 5

That made me laugh out loud but fortunately I'm home now and no one will be tempted to take me out!

Dd had the effrontery to say she wanted to go home.  For some reason she didn't want to spend the entire afternoon at the library.  I thought I had made it clear that I was going there to actually get some work done but her middle school mind thinks in shorter time frames.  

I liked this not because you had to go home (which of course is entirely NOT likeable), but because you used the word effrontery.    :thumbup1:

• Like 2

Home from work, have satisfactorily set all the wrong people on fb right again, now time to work on mstr bdrm clear out again.  

I am so glad "Not me" went to stay in your house for a while.  He has been such a nuisance here, along with his twin "I don't know".  Those 2 are always causing trouble here... kind of like the bobo brothers.

Okay cut me some slack, I just spent 8 hours working at the daycare lol.  On the plus side, my new baby there is a dream, she never fusses, falls asleep at naptime within 5 minutes of me starting to rock her, and loves to be cuddled.  I am getting my full baby fix for 8 hours everyday, it's awesome.  

• Like 4

After reading off of this, I now want a baby.

I have baby fever bad, but while I had the 2 youngest as a single mom, I would rather not do that again.  Problem is I have not been able to meet the right guy to even want to date let alone settle down and I am getting old.  So I have to get my baby fix somehow.  WOrking in daycare and now being put in charge of 12-18 month group does that for me.  SHe is the first one in that age group, over the next 2 months I will have a few more join.  THe most I will have in my group is 4, so I can dote on them all and snuggle all day without being overwhelmed.  

Back when I worked in a daycare that had an infant room (babies from 6weeks-12 months) I would spend my lunch break every day in there just rocking babies.  It brings my blood pressure right down and instantly calms me.  I am a much more peaceful and zen person if I have a baby around to snuggle.  I think my ds11 figured that out because he asks me daily when I am going to have another baby lol

• Like 3

I have baby fever bad, but while I had the 2 youngest as a single mom, I would rather not do that again.  Problem is I have not been able to meet the right guy to even want to date let alone settle down and I am getting old.  So I have to get my baby fix somehow.  WOrking in daycare and now being put in charge of 12-18 month group does that for me.  SHe is the first one in that age group, over the next 2 months I will have a few more join.  THe most I will have in my group is 4, so I can dote on them all and snuggle all day without being overwhelmed.  

Back when I worked in a daycare that had an infant room (babies from 6weeks-12 months) I would spend my lunch break every day in there just rocking babies.  It brings my blood pressure right down and instantly calms me.  I am a much more peaceful and zen person if I have a baby around to snuggle.  I think my ds11 figured that out because he asks me daily when I am going to have another baby lol

Awwwww.

Edited by texasmama