Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm having a hard day!  If I had a blog, I would call it "Aspergers and Alzheimers".  Also, I gave up drinking WAY too early in life.

Lemme think of something upbeat to say.  

Okay, my dad bought us a new washing machine because mine is about to die.  Also, a lady cleaned my house today (part of what having Nan here gets for me).  The cleaning lady comes every other week, which keeps us out of filth.  Re: the washing machine.  Dh bought the extended warrantee even thought it is always a bad deal, and I asked him not to.  My dad did not pay for that.  Then it needed a pedastal because doing laundry while standing on my head is not a skill I possess with a front loader.  I had a front loader for several months while pg with little dd before we got pedastals, and it was rough, dude.  Very tall, old and very pregnant and standing on my head to do laundry = not a good scene.  

I am gearing up to make a chiropractor appointment, which will be my gift to me.  Thank you, me.  I appreciate all you do!  (Just ignore the positive self-talk.   ;) )

For you

• Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Sometimes. Many times, I could "see" the word in my head. I could hear myself saying it, in my head. I just couldn't get my mouth to say it. I'd sit looking stupified until I gave up and said never mind. I just can't.

I could have written this.

• Like 2

Sometimes. Many times, I could "see" the word in my head. I could hear myself saying it, in my head. I just couldn't get my mouth to say it. I'd sit looking stupified until I gave up and said never mind. I just can't.

I could have written this.

It is the most disconcerting feeling ever, isn't it?

• Like 1

It is the most disconcerting feeling ever, isn't it?

I have other things that are wrong with me like my heart randomly stopping for 20 seconds at a time, so no. Boy did the oral surgeon find that interesting. He just stopped looked at me and I gave him a thumbs up.

I'm dying and nobody cares.

I care. You are, after all, my bestie.

I could be dying and would never know. I have high blood pressure, but have no symptoms if it gets really high - like 170/150 (happened once when I was pregnant after I ate KFC.).

That was probably just me.  Not that I liked it all; I am just trying to run out of them.  

You're just creepy.

Cool your pits.  I have arrived.  

:smilielol5:

I could be dying and would never know. I have high blood pressure, but have no symptoms if it gets really high - like 170/150 (happened once when I was pregnant after I ate KFC.).

What a bizarre way to die.

• Like 1

I'm her other bestie, and nope.  I don't care.  Suck it up, buttercup, we're all dying.  Whining not allowed.   :D

• Like 3

I have allergies.

Low muscle-tone.

Recurring charlie-horses.

Brain damage.

That's about it.

Lucky you.

SPD, me thinks (with multiple effects including chronic nausea).

A pissy heart.

Chronic migraines.

Insomnia/sleep walking.

I'm so white I glow in the dark.

Lucky you.

SPD, me thinks (with multiple effects including chronic nausea).

A pissy heart.

Chronic migraines.

Insomnia/sleep walking.

I'm so white I glow in the dark.

I'm white too!  Not sure if I glow though...

Migraines must be misery.  I rarely have them.  But sinus infections plague me (not helped by allergies).  Neti-Pot has helped tremendously, as long as I'm diligent about using it (but I tend not to be).

SPD I know about, of course, since I diagnosed you.  Go me!  :hurray:

Brain damage was not exactly fun at the time of the car accident, but recovery was kind of fascinating.  I was always one of those people who had a hard time recognizing faces; but now I excel at it.  On the other hand, I'd just learned Greek at the time and lost most of what I had learned; never really did get back up to full speed with it again.  Most of my face is permanently numb, and if I poke one part of my cheek, I feel the sensation in another part.  

I'm white too!  Not sure if I glow though...

Migraines must be misery.  I rarely have them.  But sinus infections plague me (not helped by allergies).  Neti-Pot has helped tremendously, as long as I'm diligent about using it (but I tend not to be).

SPD I know about, of course, since I diagnosed you.  Go me!  :hurray:

Brain damage was not exactly fun at the time of the car accident, but recovery was kind of fascinating.  I was always one of those people who had a hard time recognizing faces; but now I excel at it.  On the other hand, I'd just learned Greek at the time and lost most of what I had learned; never really did get back up to full speed with it again.  Most of my face is permanently numb, and if I poke one part of my cheek, I feel the sensation in another part.  

I'm so dark I can't be seen at night. Or in the daytime in the shade, for that matter. :D

I used to have many many migraines, thus the narc script. The occurrences have reduced dramatically when I started taking calcium and magnesium supplements. Apparently, magnesium and vitamin C can delay labor. Must be why dd2 came at 41w, 3d.

Car accidents suck. The fact that your face feels sensations other than where you expect is pretty fascinating.

• Like 2

I love you, man!  (in my best drunk voice)

I would go take a hot bath, but ds12 is mad at me* and will not be willing to do granny watching, and everyone else is gone.  <sob>

*He is mad because while he, ds14, and I were making a plan for the summer and what school we will be doing, he and ds14 got into it physically sitting right next to me on the couch.  There was jabbing in the jaw with an elbow and sitting on the brother's ipad and things of that nature.  Evidently, I handled it poorly so now he is mad at me.  This does not move me in any way, thankyouverymuch.  He can get glad in the same pants he got mad in.  Because, in the words of the prophetess Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody go time for that!"

Ooh, he just walked in, and I am going to stick him with granny watching because that is what his bad attitude deserves.  He's all scowly and sarcastic and stuff.  #notmyfavoritekidtoday

Don't cha just love this age?

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming…...

But would I swim better with thyroid pills?  They are Armour Thyroid, if that matters.  She is supposed to take one and a half pills per day, but the pills are not notched so when I try to split them a third just crumbles and then the rest is too much.  I know I need a pill splitter or some such, but I told dh for now I am giving her one pill on one day and two pills on the next day and so on.  That sounds reasonable, right?  The way I'm trying to do it now is not exact, and I'm wasting pills.  One time I tried to give her a half pill that had broken and part of it was a sliver.  She shakes and can hardly take the whole ones.  

• Like 1