• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

It's warm here now. At the moment. We still won't plant until around May 15, because the chance of snow is a real possibility until about Mother's Day.  :huh:

Ditto here.  And then we feed the deer and the gophers all summer. I'm not sure why.  Habit?

• Like 1

To that end, I will add that I gave myself a new title... Y'all likey?

Ah, you can be "Slayer" to Slache's "Slash."  (Now it feels so junior high around here:  "Everyone else has a cool nickname.  Why don't I have a cool nickname?  I'm never leaving my room again. Ever." [see, Slash? You weren't the only cool-challenged youth!].)

• Like 1

I LOVE it... You have made me cool again.

I can think of a few for you, but they all seem to involve profanity* (my sense of humor needs some work, I guess) Like something along the lines of "BA CommaMomma". And we all know that the BA acronym is truly the coolest adjective we middle-aged homeschooling mommas can aspire to:-)

* I just realized how bad that sounded. Revised to add that, in true high school fashion, everything sounds cooler with a cuss word attached to it, lol.

• Like 3

My daughter keeps saying I'm cooler than her. I'm not sure how. I'm just really immature for my age. I think it has something to do with having worked with preschool kids for so long. I don't want to grow up.

I don't try to be cool - or uncool for that matter. I'm just weird, and allow it to hang out. That, and I actually like teens. I used to work in a high-security juvenile prison for 10-19 year old boys. I liked the job. It made me want to work with younger ones.

I think we would get along well in real life. I *love* 8-12 year old boys. They are so much fun. I don't have much experience with teenagers, but I'm sure I will soon.

Ah, you can be "Slayer" to Slache's "Slash."  (Now it feels so junior high around here:  "Everyone else has a cool nickname.  Why don't I have a cool nickname?  I'm never leaving my room again. Ever." [see, Slash? You weren't the only cool-challenged youth!].)

We need a name for you. Tell us about yourself.

• Like 1

I can think of a few for you, but they all seem to involve profanity* (my sense of humor needs some work, I guess) Like something along the lines of "BA CommaMomma". And we all know that the BA acronym is truly the coolest adjective we middle-aged homeschooling mommas can aspire to:-)

* I just realized how bad that sounded. Revised to add that, in true high school fashion, everything sounds cooler with a cuss word attached to it, lol.

Confession here. Don't tell anyone. Everyone else stop reading. When I work out I will often refer to myself as a BAMF. Not the real words though, just the acronym. Heaven forbid my children learn the term and call me that at church.

• Like 3

Confession here. Don't tell anyone. Everyone else stop reading. When I work out I will often refer to myself as a BAMF. Not the real words though, just the acronym. Heaven forbid my children learn the term and call me that at church.

:Rofl: Your secret is safe with me, sister. When I am working out, I play music that I would NEVER let my kids listen to. I think I have an addiction from our bodybuilding days. (I wasn't the bodybuilder, my husband was, and we went to a really hard core gym. And all of our friends were body builders. And if I do say so, I was hot! I often wonder what happened. :lol:)

:rofl: Your secret is safe with me, sister. When I am working out, I play music that I would NEVER let my kids listen to. I think I have an addiction from our bodybuilding days. (I wasn't the bodybuilder, my husband was, and we went to a really hard core gym. And all of our friends were body builders. And if I do say so, I was hot! I often wonder what happened. :lol:)

Probably DS12 and DS10. Just a thought.

• Like 2

My daughter has been reading me astronomy information for the last half an hour from my phone. I'm bored to tears. Come entertain me people!

What style is Bravewriter? Would you call it classical? Like copywork to progym to rhetoric? I know, not entertaining. Sorry.

• Like 2

Right, but my younger - and oh so smarter self - would have said, "My body after kids will be awesome, because I am awesome, and my awesomeness could never fade because I won't let it." And then she would go back to being awesome... And delusional;-)

Luckily, I am older and wiser now. Although I still like to rock it in the gym (when I am not taking care of the mad men:-) It makes me feel powerful.

Eta: this was in response to Slache. Somebody popped in between with a question on Bravewriter and now what I said makes no sense at all, lol.

Eta again: oh duh, it was Slache. I need to get off these boards, they are making me dizzy. And I haven't gotten the impression that Bravewriter is classical. It seems more geared to creative? But that was more of an impression.

• Like 2

What style is Bravewriter? Would you call it classical? Like copywork to progym to rhetoric? I know, not entertaining. Sorry.

Yes, her elocution is flawless, but she's like the most boring professor ever. She rivals my college limnology class for entertainment value. (But at least then, my professor was eye candy! I used to see him at the gym all the time...back when I used to go to the gym.)

• Like 1

Right, but my younger - and oh so smarter self - would have said, "My body after kids will be awesome, because I am awesome, and my awesomeness could never fade because I won't let it." And then she would go back to being awesome... And delusional;-)

Luckily, I am older and wiser now. Although I still like to rock it in the gym (when I am not taking care of the mad men:-) It makes me feel powerful.

Eta: this was in response to Slache. Somebody popped in between with a question on Bravewriter and now what I said makes no sense at all, lol.

I was depressed for 4 years when I first got married. Our marriage was terrible in the beginning. I'm not venting, but my husband was a selfish jerk. He's changed a lot since then. Anyway, in my depression I got really fat. Like huge. I was one of *those* people. Because of that I don't have a "pre-pregnancy" body that anyone would want. Maybe that's a good thing? I love becoming healthy, and I don't think I'll be disappointed in how I look when I get to where I want to be. I still have a way to go, but I'm already a babe. ;)

• Like 4

Yes, her elocution is flawless, but she's like the most boring professor ever. She rivals my college limnology class for entertainment value. (But at least then, my professor was eye candy! I used to see him at the gym all the time...back when I used to go to the gym.)

HA!

I was depressed for 4 years when I first got married. Our marriage was terrible in the beginning. I'm not venting, but my husband was a selfish jerk. He's changed a lot since then. Anyway, in my depression I got really fat. Like huge. I was one of *those* people. Because of that I don't have a "pre-pregnancy" body that anyone would want. Maybe that's a good thing? I love becoming healthy, and I don't think I'll be disappointed in how I look when I get to where I want to be. I still have a way to go, but I'm already a babe. ;)

Hugs to you for the beginning. That stinks. I am glad he is better. And I am glad you are loving you as you. That is as it should be:-)

Hugs to you for the beginning. That stinks. I am glad he is better. And I am glad you are loving you as you. That is as it should be:-)

Definitely! I wish it was something that was more wide spread. I used to want larger bOOks for instance. I felt boyish and not sexy. There was nothing I could do to change that and it was so stupid of me. Unfortunately it's all too common.

Some depressed people have no appetite, but I've always been the kinds to eat my emotions. It also is a cruel joke that antidepressants cause weight gain. Aren't I depressed enough already? I need body image issues too?

That said, I was first treated for depression shortly after my marriage. I was in very bad shape and my marriage really suffered. I also gained a lot of weight then. I've never been as heavy as I am now though, outside of pregnancy. The drug Abilify and I have a real love/hate relationship.

I'm going to call this a school day because I had to listen to a very long narration of one of her favorite books from the Warriors series. Narration is school right?

Absolutely.  And you have earned a foofy drink with an umbrella.  (DD went through a Warriors phase. :ack2: )

• Like 1

Definitely! I wish it was something that was more wide spread. I used to want larger bOOks for instance. I felt boyish and not sexy. There was nothing I could do to change that and it was so stupid of me. Unfortunately it's all too common.

I have something wide spread.  So my nickname would rightfully start with "FA" as opposed to "BA." :glare:

• Like 2

I have something wide spread. So my nickname would rightfully start with "FA" as opposed to "BA." :glare:

Omg, you totally almost made me spit water out of my nose :rofl:

No way on the FA. (That was my rhyme for the day by the way. Oops, there's another one.) You have earned BA, and I'll hear not another word about it:-)

• Like 2

I'm going to call this a school day because I had to listen to a very long narration of one of her favorite books from the Warriors series. Narration is school right? 

I think listening to  that qualifies for ice cream with hot fudge, myself.

• Like 1

Well, ya'll's cursing and weirdness and pictures of epic cake fails and horse videos have cheered me a bit from this bad day!

True story:  I am friends with SWB on FB, and I showed my teen son a cute pictures of the lambs at her farm.  Being 14, he typed "I hate you!" in the comments and thought it was so funny, only he accidentally posted (from my FB account).  UGH.  So now she probably won't be my BFF any more.   :scared:  And then when my son realized what he did, he melted down and cried.  Ugh.  I was just trying to show him a picture of a cute lamb and bring some distraction to our sad and sorry lots.

Follow up:  I erased it quickly, but then I had to post "Adorable" and apologize for my "funny" teen boy's comment.  <sob>

• Like 2

Well, ya'll's cursing and weirdness and pictures of epic cake fails and horse videos have cheered me a bit from this bad day!

True story: I am friends with SWB on FB, and I showed my teen son a cute pictures of the lambs at her farm. Being 14, he typed "I hate you!" in the comments and thought it was so funny, only he accidentally posted (from my FB account). UGH. So now she probably won't be my BFF any more. :scared: And then when my son realized what he did, he melted down and cried. Ugh. I was just trying to show him a picture of a cute lamb and bring some distraction to our sad and sorry lots.

Follow up: I erased it quickly, but then I had to post "Adorable" and apologize for my "funny" teen boy's comment. <sob>

We aim to please here at "Ignore this thread"...

Seriously, though, yikes. A misstep like that could disrupt the entire WTM time/space continuum. Good thing you noticed it and saved the day or you would be watching your hands fade away ala Marty McFly in Back to the Future!

• Like 1

We aim to please here at "Ignore this thread"...

Seriously, though, yikes. A misstep like that could disrupt the entire WTM time/space continuum. Good thing you noticed it and saved the day or you would be watching your hands fade away ala Marty McFly in Back to the Future!

I know, right?

I have enough on my plate without insulting the Grand Poohbah.

• Like 3

True story:  I am friends with SWB on FB, and I showed my teen son a cute pictures of the lambs at her farm.  Being 14, he typed "I hate you!" in the comments and thought it was so funny, only he accidentally posted (from my FB account).  UGH.  So now she probably won't be my BFF any more.   :scared:  And then when my son realized what he did, he melted down and cried.  Ugh.  I was just trying to show him a picture of a cute lamb and bring some distraction to our sad and sorry lots.

Follow up:  I erased it quickly, but then I had to post "Adorable" and apologize for my "funny" teen boy's comment.  <sob>

Here's a :grouphug: for you and another :grouphug:  for your son.  Poor kid!  At 14 even a little mistake can be devastating.

I know, right?

I have enough on my plate without insulting the Grand Poohbah.

You know what?  If she's truly a GRAND Poohbah, she's lurking on this thread and knows the whole story.  So you're totally cool. 

But we knew that already.

• Like 1

Omg, you totally almost made me spit water out of my nose :rofl:

No way on the FA. (That was my rhyme for the day by the way. Oops, there's another one.) You have earned BA, and I'll hear not another word about it:-)

Oooo, oooo, oooo! Rhymes!

"NO MORE RHYMING. I mean it."

• Like 1

But, wait. BA isn't a cuss word, it's a math program, and paired with CommaMomma makes no sense. Unless math and grammar are getting married. Yeah, that's it.  :laugh:

• Like 2

Some depressed people have no appetite, but I've always been the kinds to eat my emotions. It also is a cruel joke that antidepressants cause weight gain. Aren't I depressed enough already? I need body image issues too?

That said, I was first treated for depression shortly after my marriage. I was in very bad shape and my marriage really suffered. I also gained a lot of weight then. I've never been as heavy as I am now though, outside of pregnancy. The drug Abilify and I have a real love/hate relationship.

Yeah I know. I find that regular exercise, good food and occasional wine are good enough for me. If only it were like that for everybody.

I have something wide spread.  So my nickname would rightfully start with "FA" as opposed to "BA." :glare:

I don't like the way your nickname is turning out.

I remember being really thin, and really unhealthy. I'm glad I recognized it as unhealthy though. There were some big girls who could do flips around me, literally. I was inspired by them. Then, I got pregnant at 36. That'll change things! Well, actually, a couple of years prior to that, I distinctly remember hiking one day and felt my ab muscles give up the ghost. It was like, they just decided, "I ain't doin' this no mo'!" Anyway, after baby, I looked at my body (remember, 4'11", almost 9lber) and thinking I was a mess. Then decided I was going to love the skin I was in because I'm mom. I still decided to get healthy though, but in a "I want to be good to myself" way.

So, remember gals, be good to yourselves!

• Like 4

So, I spent all day trying to catch up on homework for a class that ended on Saturday at midnight. Which means I didn't get any paid work done. Which means I should be doing work right now. Well, right after I put the 4 year old to sleep (where did I put that sledgeh...).

Never mind me. Just being random.

We met the most atrocious kids at the park. I politely corrected the 3 year old that threw out stuff on the ground and stomped on it, harshly corrected the middle two after they chose to speak to my children like trash, and had a conversation with the 10 year old after she tried to get the 7 year old to do a back flip off the monkey bars. Where were the parents you ask? Good friggen question. We left quickly. Those children were horrid and two of them tried to steal our stuff. By stuff I mean bubbles, and I know that bubbles is crack to kids, but don't steal. Just don't.

So, I spent all day trying to catch up on homework for a class that ended on Saturday at midnight. Which means I didn't get any paid work done. Which means I should be doing work right now. Well, right after I put the 4 year old to sleep (where did I put that sledgeh...).

Never mind me. Just being random.

What are you studying?