Menu

Hot flash natural help?

Chris in VA

I have found that increased exercise cured my mild hot flushes.  I was getting them a 2-5 times a day too.   When I increased my exercise to 10,000 brisk steps a day, plus yoga once a week, they went away.  For the last ten days I haven't been able to walk and they are coming back.  There may be a psychological element, but it has worked for me...

• Like 2

Wow! Only 2-5 times a day sounds heavenly to me! Lol. I tried everything ever recommended, and nothing has helped. I have finally figured out that my hot flashes "cycle." I will be doing so much better, with only a few very mild ones a day, for a couple weeks. Then, next thing I know, I am having really horrid ones nearly all day and all night long. The nights are the worst because they keep me awake. And exercise actually seems to make mine worse. This is another one of those things where everybody is different. Btw, I had everything removed 3 years ago due to ovarian cancer, so not sure if they are any different for women who go through it naturally.

Natural progesterone cream is one thing I tried that hasn't been mentioned yet. Didn't work for me, but might for you.