Menu

If you use Fiestaware . . .

Evergreen State Sue

If you use Fiestaware, what kind of dishwasher do you have?

Our dishwasher just went out, so we'll be needing a new one soon.  Instead of lugging my dishes to the appliance store, I thought I'd ask the wonderful WTM ladies here what dishwasher they use that fits their Fiestaware best.  We use the dinner plates, small plates, cereal bowls, fruit bowls, and mugs regularly. 

Thank you! 

They fit in my kitchen sink just fine  ;)  (not exactly helpful, I know, but I couldn't resist).

:lol:  I know what you mean.  When we realized the dishwasher wasn't working, I had to empty it out and wash all by hand.  It took me less than 30 minutes to wash.  I let them drip dry about 30 minutes and then they easily wiped dry and were put away in less than 15 minutes.  That was less time than using the dishwasher!

We have a Maytag and my Fiesta fits fine. It never occurred to me to check if it would fit when we bought a new dishwasher.

We have a Maytag now (10 years old?) and yes they fit fine.  When I was reading reviews, I thought I read that the Bosch had tines close together and fit Corelle dinnerware best because the plates are thinner.

The bowls are kind of a pain in any dishwasher.  But we have a Miele and I swear that has the best designed interior of a dishwasher for max capacity. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll look at a Miele and compare it to the Bosche.  They both seem to get good reviews here.  Anything you don't like about the Miele . . . something that bugs you or wish it had or did?

I'm trying to do my research up front before my eyes glaze over at the appliance store!

I've got a kennmore, I think.  I got one that doesn't require rinsing the dishes before you put them in. That was all I wanted.

If my dishes didn't fit in the dishwasher, I would get new dishes. For real.

And I have some fiesta ware and some not and I haven't noticed anything special about the fiesta ware.

I had mix-matched Pfaltzgraff for years. One set was curvier (for the want of a better term); those plates always flopped forward in the dishwasher while the others remained upright. It was a pain!

The Fiestaware we now have stands up beautifully in the dishwasher. When we have to replace this machine, I will definitely take plates with me into the appliance store!