Menu

Now I think I have the flu!

fruitofthewomb

I said earlier this week that I thought one of my DDs was coming down with flu but it was false alarm. Just low fever for about 5 hrs followed by cold symptoms.

I was just getting over a cold & last night I felt like I was getting sick again. Sneezing, runny nose, etc. woke up in the night shivering & achy. Right now I feel like I got hit by a truck.

I have 5 littles ones 9-11 mos. nursing baby was no fun last night. Hubby left me to go to work although I begged him to stay. I am hoping he comes home early.

My mom thinks I need to get tamiflu & start kids on it too. I have homemade elderberry syrup also.

It really sucks to be sick & be a mom. My DH always thinks I should just suck it up

I had the flu a few years ago. My husband wouldn't stay home to help with the kids. I ended up getting pneumonia. The doctor said he personally would call my husband if he didn't stay home at that point.

The flu is nothing to take lightly. Please try to get as much rest as you can

I had the flu a few years ago. My husband wouldn't stay home to help with the kids. I ended up getting pneumonia. The doctor said he personally would call my husband if he didn't stay home at that point.

The flu is nothing to take lightly. Please try to get as much rest as you can

Thanks. He won't miss work for much of anything. I had last baby at 4 am-he went in late & worked all day!

Thanks. He won't miss work for much of anything. I had last baby at 4 am-he went in late & worked all day!

Well that's just mean!! Sure I did most of my appointments by myself but dh did take time off for the birth (ok she was born on Thursday, came home Friday and he went back to work Monday) but for the first week he got out early to get dd1 off the bus and help with her needs.

Well that's just mean!! Sure I did most of my appointments by myself but dh did take time off for the birth (ok she was born on Thursday, came home Friday and he went back to work Monday) but for the first week he got out early to get dd1 off the bus and help with her needs.

To be honest though I was glad he left. He complains the whole time about hospitals & asking me when we can leave & watching stupid shows on the tv. I knew we would have lots of family around too BUT it stills bugs me that he was even willing to leave. I guess by #5 it's just another day. She has him wrapped around her finger now though!!

:( I have dh getting out early to get dd1 off the bus because dd2 has started throwing up. Because she has to walk about 150 ft along a main highway some has to meet her at the bus until I think 2nd grade, it's too cold to have dd2 out and not in my car but if she's in my car she will throw up all over the back seat, her car seat and herself (and then there's the issue of getting a sick, puke covered baby into the house without getting her colder and then ...., dh would rather get out early than deal with all thatðŸ˜

Reeling at the idea of DH going to work the day a baby was born.  ugh.

Also can't imagine a man with influenza being able to "suck it up."  My friends have an ongoing joke about "the man flu," otherwise known as the sniffles when a woman has it.

Reeling at the idea of DH going to work the day a baby was born. ugh.

Also can't imagine a man with influenza being able to "suck it up." My friends have an ongoing joke about "the man flu," otherwise known as the sniffles when a woman has it.

Yes I am pretty angry with him. I felt so terrible once I got home from dr & he went on to work. I was so sick-chills, aches, high fever-that I couldn't will myself to move. My 6 yr old took care of me & baby. They have all been exposed now. I told him that I was not physically able to care for them until I felt better & he would have to figure something out. We'll see. I can't believe he thinks that is acceptable behavior.

Anyway-this is bad stuff. My fever broke for a bit but I can feel the chills coming back on. Guess it will keep cycling though

:( I have dh getting out early to get dd1 off the bus because dd2 has started throwing up. Because she has to walk about 150 ft along a main highway some has to meet her at the bus until I think 2nd grade, it's too cold to have dd2 out and not in my car but if she's in my car she will throw up all over the back seat, her car seat and herself (and then there's the issue of getting a sick, puke covered baby into the house without getting her colder and then ...., dh would rather get out early than deal with all thatðŸ˜

Oh hugs to you! We had stomach bug a few weeks ago. It was awful stuff too.