Menu

Way to go, Idaho! (We're finally moving!)

AndyJoy

I'm doing an internal happy dance (externally I'm holding a sleeping toddler :)). DH just got a job in our dream location, Boise! I have extended family (including my parents) within 30-60 minutes and I am beyond thrilled! I've missed my "home" state. I was lamenting that I'd now lived in CA for 3 more years than ID, but now it's time to settle the score! I'm looking forward to seasons and amenities our small isolated desert town can't provide. Another awesome thing is DH's two closest friends will be there too! One moved there 2 years ago and the other just got hired along with him! Now if only I could find a job for my best friend's husband...

Roll call! Who else is in the Gem State?

I'm so glad for you!  I loved moving back to the place where we knew we wanted to live long-term (we enjoyed moving around a bit for a few years).  We both are settled into good jobs now, have a great church that we're actively involved in, and love our community.  I pray things will go well for you in Boise!  (We're several hours away in central Washington state. . . .)

Congratulations. I have become so homesick for my home state, lately. All of our family and lots of friends are there, as that's where we were both raised. It seems a little impossible that we will ever get back. So glad to hear it happened for you!

Yes, I'm missing my not-a-state (as Farrar calls it) a lot lately. It, too, seems impossible to return to.

So, I am thrilled for you, AndyJoy, and a bit jealous!!!

You are?

Are you anywhere along I-90?  I drive from Seattle and Spokane on occasion.  I just dove it this past year when I went to visit.

Dawn

I'm so glad for you!  I loved moving back to the place where we knew we wanted to live long-term (we enjoyed moving around a bit for a few years).  We both are settled into good jobs now, have a great church that we're actively involved in, and love our community.  I pray things will go well for you in Boise!  (We're several hours away in central Washington state. . . .)

Wow, well, I will let you know if I am coming through!

I went to college in Seattle and my aunt and uncle live in Spokane (my parents were overseas so they were my home during those years) and I have made that trek many, many times over.

Dawn

It goes right through our town, yes.  :)

Thanks for being excited for me :). I'm now in chicken-with-its-head-cut-off mode preparing for movers in less than 2 weeks!!!!! The house has gotten out of control with my issues for the last couple years so it's great to be forced to purge, but boy am I stressed!

Congratulations! And please be careful, it hasn't been that long since your surgery. Better to bring junk with you than to hurt yourself throwing away stuff (and deciding what can go).

Yeah, I just admitted this to DH last night :) Since the move is paid for, I don't have to really worry about volume/weight, but we need to get rid of stuff for my sanity! I'm going to have to give up and just say "take what's here" at some point since there is no way I can make up for 2 years in 2 weeks!

I bet you already know what items you don't want anymore, just let your dh gather it up and take it to Goodwill. Park on the couch and point and tell him what to get, then the bed in each room. I can't lift very heavy things, that is how I deal. Constant bending and stooping will not be good for you. And hire cleaning help, in both locations if you need it. I'm so happy for you that you are moving to a place you want to be!

I'm an Idaho native and have lived here all my life. Welcome home.

Thanks! Idaho is in my blood, as my great-great grandparents were homesteaders in the 1800s. Some of the land is still in the family! We lived elsewhere for my early childhood due to the military but Idaho just feels like home.

Congrats! We moved out of the Midwest to FL in 05, and while we made some amazing friends there, I was missing home more and more.  We just moved back to the Midwest this last month, and it just feels right.