Menu

Hospital Kid

Impish

Normally, I'm the hospital kid.

Cubby decided that he wants a turn.

Tripped over Diva's foot, wanged his head into the lip at the bottom of the fridge.

3 stitches.

He's back to himself this am though, thankfully.

IMG_5947.jpg

Ack. He tripped over her FOOT, not her 'found'. What the heck?

If he doesn't quit climbing on EVERYTHING, I'm going to have a meltdown.

Oh, Sweetie. Better just pack yourself in ice because climbers gotta' climb. There ain't no stoppin' that train! Just hang on tight and try to enjoy the ride. When they get a bit older you can channel it into something with a bit more supervision ( and safety equipment). But for now you've just have to hold tight in a God who protects fearless kids.

Best of luck as you try to maintain your sanity in the next dozen years. It does get better and you will find yourself at a point in life where you do not feel the need to enclose him in bubble wrap every time he leaves your site.

Oh, Sweetie. Better just pack yourself in ice because climbers gotta' climb. There ain't no stoppin' that train! Just hang on tight and try to enjoy the ride. When they get a bit older you can channel it into something with a bit more supervision ( and safety equipment). But for now you've just have to hold tight in a God who protects fearless kids.

Best of luck as you try to maintain your sanity in the next dozen years. It does get better and you will find yourself at a point in life where you do not feel the need to enclose him in bubble wrap every time he leaves your site.

See, Tazzie and Boo were both 'climbers'. I mean, we had to bungee cord our kitchen chairs to the table to keep him from trying to tap dance in the middle of the kitchen table. But none of THEM ever had stitches.

Cubby is the first kid to get stitches.

Glad to see the smile back on your little guy's face! Isn't it wonderful how they bounce back so quickly?

We have four boys, and had our first experience with stitches a month ago (on my birthday!) with our 18 month old. He tripped and went into the corner of a hope chest. Four stitches right in the middle of his forehead.   :crying:

He was such a trouper, though. It happened around 5 PM (before supper), and he wasn't allowed to nurse, eat, or drink until we were through, but in the five hours we were in the ER, he never even asked. Kept busy exploring the room and charming everyone. He didn't flinch or wiggle at all while he was being stitched. The "child life expert" was there with an iPad and a movie to "distract him" (we are screen limited), but all he wanted to do was watch the resident. Future surgeon?   :coolgleamA:

Bazinga is home, in the Cone of Shame. *whew*

Apparently, it was a heck of a thing. SEVENTY minutes longer than what they expected. And, of course, about half again as much as they quoted me. *sigh*

Took 3 ppl to hoist her off the table when they were done.