Menu

Help! My ipad is dead.

Excelsior! Academy

Have you tried a reset?

I don't know how on an iPad but you can google it. It usually involves holding down the power button for at least 20 seconds.

:iagree:

You can try a hard reset and see if it works. My iPad died on me once, and I found the instructions online. I can't remember the name of the website, though. I'll look through my Favorites and see if I bookmarked it, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

DS4 dropped my iPad and shattered the screen.  This was after the wifi started having issues.

The good thing is that when you "replace" the screen through Apple, they just send you an entirely new iPad for $200.  That wasn't too bad IMHO as there was more than one thing wrong.

Glad you fixed it though. :)

If it is completely wiped you can restore it fully from a backup (hopefully you have one) using iTunes.

If you completely drain the battery on an idevice it will seem like it is dead until about 10 minutes after you plug it in to charge. It shouldn't make it look like it is factory reset though.

I had this!!

I had to go to the Apple store for help. We thought it was gone. Turns out, we had too many apps going at once so it shut down and would not turn back on. We had to do a hard stop. And then when we turned it back on, immediately shut down all the apps. I cannot recall how to do this exactly. You can look it up but it seemed to involve both pushing down the button on top and the little round home button at the same time. But you will want to look it up probably since it has been a few months.

Are iPads affected for ill by the flawed IOS 8 update? IPhones have been negatively affected. Just curious.

I updated my mini to the new os. The update itself was no problem. It now seems a bit sluggish though & the fb app crashes. That might be a sign from the universe for me though as I've been meaning to delete fb from the ipad altogether. :laugh:

I was considering reverting to ios 8 but the instructions here look like too much headache so I think I'll just live with it.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-8-ios-7-reinstall-ios-8-3522302/

I updated my mini to the new os. The update itself was no problem. It now seems a bit sluggish though & the fb app crashes. That might be a sign from the universe for me though as I've been meaning to delete fb from the ipad altogether. :laugh:

I was considering reverting to ios 8 but the instructions here look like too much headache so I think I'll just live with it.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-8-ios-7-reinstall-ios-8-3522302/

I have an iPad Air and did install the update.  Unlike the startling anecdotes of the update taking up to twenty hours -- :confused1:  -- my update installed within twenty minutes or fewer.  I have had no operations problems.  I don't use the FB app, thinking it unnecessary when the Internet is right there through the iPad.