Menu

Hi all,

I knew you'd want to know that we're offering two brand-new audio lectures by Susan Wise Bauer, recorded at homeschooling conferences:

Burning Out: Why it Happens and What to do About it

Every home school family finds itself in the doldrums occasionally. But when the doldrums last for weeks or months, it’s time to consider the possibility of burnout. In this seminar--drawn from years of personal experience with effective home education and burnout--Susan defines burnout, investigates the elements that make burnout more likely, and offers a series of practical, experience-tested suggestions for moving forward.

and

What is History? How and Why Should I Teach It?

Choosing the right program isn’t the first step in teaching history to your students. Before you can make informed decisions about what curricula to use, you need to understand why you’re teaching history at all--and define what your student should be gaining from it. This seminar will explain what history actually is (you might be surprised!), survey different methods and approaches for teaching, and suggest appropriate goals for elementary, middle-grade, and high school students.

Both are now available as MP3 downloads, along with all of our other lectures.

Very interested to hear the one on burnout. I see more burnout as the older kids are graduated and there are still some/many years of homeschooling to do.  How to reinvigorate and still meet the same high ideals that we started out with when we had all that youth and energy?  Thank you for addressing it and releasing the audio. 

Lisa

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest lungrenacademy

I just finished listening to SWB's workshop "Science in Classical Curriculum" and LOVED it! I've been looking everywhere for the handouts (on Workshops and Handouts page, etc.) and can't find them, can anyone direct me to where they are?

Thanks for making these workshops available! Looking forward to more in the future!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...