Menu

Bad week , and now...

readinmom

it was a bad day yesterday with ds and ps...he has a girl that will not leave him alone. things imploded...

Then, I found out that a family member filled out enrollment for my dd at a private school. It's the school I would have chosen, but seriously?

All of a sudden, I feel like I have no control over the welfare of my own children.

Oh, that stinks about your ds.  I hate teen drama.

Unless that family member was your dh, they have no right, and I would let them know just how much I didn't appreciate that.  Actually, even if it was dh.  He would get a flippin earfull, too.  And if it was someone else, they would be out of my life.

I think you need some of these:   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

ugh teen drama, hate that stuff.

As for the enrollment of your dd, WTF?? Who does that? Talk about overstepping boundaries.  That person would be meeting a rarely seen side of me when I let loose my tongue about how inappropriate their actions were. And how in the hell could they do so? Does the school allow anyone to just enroll someone willy nilly without proof of guardianship? Did this person pretend to be you? I would have a serious issue with a school being okay with anyone just walking in and randomly enrolling a kid without that person being the parent or legal guardian and would be concerned about what other things they allow without parental consent.  Yeah, if someone enrolled my kids in a school whether I had plans to use that school or not, that person would be out of my life plain and simple with a big "don't let the door hit ya on the way out"

Not dh, but a loving uncle who adores my dd. He and my mom would pay tuition. Dd is so excited and now dh is on board, too.

What I don't understand is how a non parent could get a child tested...

The good news is that dd "is above or exceeds grade level in all subjects."

And as for the "Twilight" saga, we had to file a no contact letter with the school. Just another blip in our otherwise boring lives!

:huh:   Now I'm even more confused.  Was your daughter spending a week at your mom's or something?  I can't think of how else your DD could have been tested without your knowledge.  I would be flabbergasted if someone I trusted interfered so deeply behind my back!  And I'd be mighty angry, too!

it was a bad day yesterday with ds and ps...he has a girl that will not leave him alone. things imploded...

Then, I found out that a family member filled out enrollment for my dd at a private school. It's the school I would have chosen, but seriously?

All of a sudden, I feel like I have no control over the welfare of my own children.

An uncle who adores a daughter so much he will pay for private school, but not for his nephew? That is beyond creepy.

Um...no. My child would not be attending that school or going to visit the people doing this behind your back without you being present. Just no. I am usually very thankful for family taking an interest in my kids, but that is way overstepping. I would not trust the school at all if they did not require a parent to be present to enroll the child. They will not keep others from taking your child off of school grounds without your knowledge.