Menu

Found a great deal on a used minivan, but there's just one problem .....

milovany

I don't like the color.  :(

I don't think it's worth not getting the van over (it's more than $1000 below blue book, is within our budget, is in excellent condition, seats 8 which we need and is hard to find, has 86,000 miles which is low for its year, has great reviews at Edmunds.com, comes with a full set of studded snow tires, has a few upgrades, etc., etc.), but it's just one tiny thing that makes me think, "Bummer!" Oh, it's gold on the outside and goldish on the inside.  Not something I like, am not much of a gold person ....... sigh.  Maybe I'll put wall vinyl all over it, LOL. 

But it will be funner and cheaper to drive compared to our current 12-passenger full sized van.  That's for sure!  And it has a CD player, which our current van doesn't. Ah well.  Carry on.  Trivial, I know, in the big scheme of things. 

I would check out the prices of a paint job in your area.  sounds like the perfect car for you!

We bought a car last year just coming off a lease.  I was SO afraid I'd hate the color.  It was so new to the dealership that they didn't have it listed.  Dh brought it home and I was sold by the color alone.  It's a nice light blue.  And, it's dark on the inside.  Perfect!!!!  So, I get it!!!!

I had a gold station wagon. I really didn't want to buy that color. It turns out gold is great for not showing dirt and it doesn't get too hot in the sun. It was also easy to find in a parking lot because it is a less common color. It still is not one of my first choices but it was easy to live with.

Add me to the list of gold minivan owners. I don't like the color either and told my husband that I wanted anything BUT gold when we were shopping for it because the car that I had before was... dun, dun, duuuun... GOLD. We both drove gold cars for the past 5 years and now my husband gets to move to a zippy little red thing. Slightly jealous. ;) 

Cover it in bumper stickers, stickers, random items and be that family.

Yeah, I wanna do something like this:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/447756387924967501/

Actually, we've talked about using vinyl to do favorite quotes from literature on our larger vehicle (like, "Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers -- won't drown" from Swallows & Amazons), but lately we've been talking about doing favorite quotes from Kid Snippets instead (such as, "Oooh, you so bootiful - can I marry you?" or "This is the honker ... ").

Yeah, I'd find it pretty easy to be that family.  :D