Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Last night I gave my parents the tickets for their surprise holiday that all my siblings and myself chipped in for. Before I gave it to them I was so excited I couldn't stop jumping up and down. my dad got excited seeing me excited and started jumping up and down as well- even though he didn't know what it was. After I gave them the envelope  my mum was speechless. it was such a great moment!   :laugh:

Went for morning 6 km walk. As it is close to the shortest day here, my walk is in the semi light of early dawn. There was a frost so it was pretty chilly, inspiring me to walk that little bit faster.

Assisted ds10 to complete schoolwork

Assigned dd14 a modified list of schoolwork as she still is not well

afternoon

went to library and local grocery ds16 drove, he is currently on his learners permit (In Australia you have to do 2 years on a learners permit with a licensed driver beside you before you can get your drivers license) the whole drive was punctuated with me saying SLOW DOWN!!

Passed dad on the road, he slowed down the car, wound down the window and shouted out that all he needs is some new undies and socks and he is ready for his holiday- good to see him so excited. MY parents haven't had a holiday together since their honeymoon many many years ago. The holiday is a gift from all their 8 children for my mum graduating form University.

Cooked meat pie and veggies followed by chocolate pudding for dinner

Five more days until DH comes home!

Melissa, your story about your parents made me smile:) What a joy it is to be able to bless someone in this way. And yeah for dh being home in 5 days!!

Expecting about 33 people here today, mixture of family and friends. Should be a fun time:)

Make cinnamon rolls for breakfast (from a can, holiday tradtion:)

Make calico beans for group

quick clean public bathrooms

quick vac main areas

set up outdoors: tent, tables, chairs (guys will help with this)

Organize food, paper products, etc.

It's really wet here from all the rain we got yesterday afternoon/evening. Hopefully, the sun will come out and start to dry things up.

Have a great day everyone!!

Melissa, your story gave me the warm fuzzies :)

Kelly, have a great time!

The weather is looking iffy here so we may not go to the fireworks :( Dd19 is going camping tonight (in a backyard :lol:) w college friends. As she is most decidedly not a camper, I hope the sun comes out this afternoon to dry things out!

I need to

--make potato salad w dd's help (some for us, some for her to take)

--decide between chicken and burgers

--make rolls if dinner will be burgers

--do that laundry...

--add a few more items to the syllabus that I thought of in the middle of the night still in progress

--submit the syllabus to College Board for approval

I want to

--read

--hang out with The Boy

--check on my plants after yesterday's storms (one baby redbud sustained some damage :()

Have a great day everyone :party:

Happy Independence Day!

Ds1 was asked to coach this morning, so he took the girls in for practice. I, of course, woke up anyway, and now am fairly wide awake with coffee brewing and the paper waiting.

Today we have a few odds and ends of chores, lunch and hanging out with mil, and then home for a relaxing day. We can walk to the city park for fireworks, but usually only ds3 and dh go.

Have a great day, everyone!

Happy Fourth everyone :)

Glad your day went fairly well Melissa :)

- dishes (those things don't care about holidays and I can't just stick them in a machine, put some soap in and push a button)- done

- tidy house- done

- take trash out to can- done

- pack a lunch- done

- take girls to parade, bouncy playground and whatever else- we did the parade, dd1 seemed to have lost her ears so we came home

- dinner

- fireworks

- bedtime routine

- read and/ or crochet while dd2 naps and dd1 bounces

Happy Fourth!

Melissa--so wonderful!

I hope everyone enjoys their celebrations. 

I'm leaving in the morning for TN to help my dad going through some things. I really dread it, but he needs help. My mom was a super packrat and messy. He can't find some paperwork he needs, so I'm going up, My sister who lives there has started going through her clothes. 

Breakfast is done.

To do:

Go clean the office (I'm leaving town in the morning, so we've got to get it done today.)

Come back home to make lunch (grilling burgers)

Get ready to go back out

Meet friends to go to Camp Grace

Pass out snacks to 190 campers and workers

might go to fireworks tonight

pack

Happy 4th!!

I got up early and went to the grocery store while everyone else was still asleep.  It was nice shopping by myself!

We have plans to grill but rain may interfere with that.  

Fireworks show tonight--again if it doesn't rain

Happy Independence Day!

** well, as per doctor's orders, i have to stay inside and take it easy. I am on an antibiotic for this sinus infection, though, so hopefully it'll go away in a few days!

** i do have to go to the store, though, for stuff for dinner

** take care of bills

** a little laundry

** clean up the clutter

** make ice cream

** sign kids up for soccer

No plans for today.  Our neighborhood tends to go to the extremes when it comes to illegal fireworks.  We usually don't stray far from the house in case of extreme stupidity. 

We'll probably watch some soccer and the Walking Dead marathon, bbq something for dinner. 

Happy 4th, everyone!

Aside from past sitting and getting the downstairs ready for my dh's birthday celebration tomorrow I'm not doing anything but relaxing with my family! We have a BBQ around 4 at dh's aunt's house. Hopefully there is no rain today

To do:

Go clean the office (I'm leaving town in the morning, so we've got to get it done today.)

Come back home to make lunch (grilling burgers)

Get ready to go back out

Meet friends to go to Camp Grace

Pass out snacks to 190 campers and workers

might go to fireworks tonight

pack

We did go to the fireworks, so some laundry and packing are all I have left.