Menu

Netflix dvds

Night Elf

About how long do you keep a dvd out from Netflix? I'll confess we forget its there and we can hold onto it for a month. I got a movie today that said it was a very long wait but I got it within 2 days of requesting it. I'm not sure if they just happened to get it in, or if they were just wrong. I'm going to watch it tonight though, and return it tomorrow. I don't know if we've ever watched something and returned it that fast. :)

It varies based on our schedule for us.  We've returned things the next day (more than once) and we've ended up keeping one for about 2 - 3 months once when we were busy.  Usually they go back within a week or two.  I love that we have no deadline, so if we're busy it's no big deal.  In general we don't try to keep them for long as then we're hardly getting our money's worth.

Just adding for curiosity's sake... we just returned the first Sherlock disc today as college boy wanted to see it.  We'd already seen it.  Next up is Now You See Me as college boy saw that and wants to share it with us.  Then he wants to watch Chariots of Fire as we missed that one in our "all together" days and he's heard several references about it at college plus general life and wants to know what they're all about.  After that... I don't know.

goodness, we hold onto them sometimes for a month or more.  I've considered canceling since we are averaging 1 or less a month.  We actually have two to watch right now--one they had to ship from another distribution center so they shipped it when it became available and then the regular 1 at a time that is our plan.  I just checked and we've had them for 3 weeks now.

DH likes to maximize the benefit for the cost, so he returns our quite quickly.  We must have good reason to keep a disk for more than a day or two. 

I've wondered if I should cancel as well, but DH isn't ready to let go. I'd say about half of the dvds are things he's chosen and with us taking forever to work through our queue, it just doens't seem to make sense to continue getting them. We don't use streaming as much as we used to either, but I'm not ready to let go of that.

I've wondered if I should cancel as well, but DH isn't ready to let go. I'd say about half of the dvds are things he's chosen and with us taking forever to work through our queue, it just doens't seem to make sense to continue getting them. We don't use streaming as much as we used to either, but I'm not ready to let go of that.

We tend to like the DVDs because streaming doesn't work for us - our internet connection is too slow.

Back when we had both (before their price change), there was always far more to choose from with DVDs too.  I don't know if that's changed or not.