Menu

Fault in Our Stars

Stuart

John Green has written other similar YA fction. 

I've read:  An Abundance of Katherines, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns.

There are more.

He's also done a history of the world on youtube, called "Crash Course".

His brother Hank has also done wonderful adaptions of Pride & Prejudice and Emma on youtube.

Which I cannot help but recommend at any opportunity:

OT, but I did not enjoy FIOS.  It was pretty predictable. 

I really enjoyed The Husband's Secret.  It is one of those books with various characters who are all connected in the end.  A woman reads a letter from her husband that is marked "to be read after I die" and the fallout of that.  I liked it.

I thought FIOS was pretty good but typical John Green. Having read 3 of John Green's books, I think I can say I've had enough. But it is one of my dd17's favorite books, (although she now tells me that she liked Looking for Alaska even more.) Another book that she loves and keeps telling me that I should read (and I will soon) is Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Others she says she loved are Glass Castle and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

I really enjoyed The Husband's Secret.  It is one of those books with various characters who are all connected in the end.  A woman reads a letter from her husband that is marked "to be read after I die" and the fallout of that.  I liked it.

I liked The Husband's Secret very much as well.

My dd and I both enjoyed FIOS, though it's not her typical type of book.  She got all the other Green books out of the library but I think maybe only read one through.  She didn't really like any of his others.

OT, but I did not enjoy FIOS. It was pretty predictable.

I really enjoyed The Husband's Secret. It is one of those books with various characters who are all connected in the end. A woman reads a letter from her husband that is marked "to be read after I die" and the fallout of that. I liked it.

A friend recommended this to me a few months ago. It must be pretty good or at least popular, because I was about number kajillion in the request queue. I'm now number 68 on 89 copies so I should be getting it soon.

What Alice Forgot

Gone Girl

Those are both gripping, I thought. 

I was really disappointed by J Green's other books. FIOS is by far his best.

I loved both of these.  Did you read the other Gillian Flynn? books??  Dark Places and Sharp Objects.  Both are good, not as good as GG and MUCH darker.

I love TFiOS.  Of course it's predictable, as are most YA books.  Though I really, really, really wanted it to end in the middle of a sentence.  I was rather disappointed that it didn't.  But I guess *that* would have been truly predictable.

Thirteen Reasons Why was really good.  It's also quite depressing since the main character has already committed suicide before the book starts.

I liked Paper Towns a lot, but didn't love An Abundance of Katherines.  TFiOS is definitely my favorite John Green book, though (haven't read Will Grayson, Will Grayson or Looking for Alaska yet).  They are making Paper Towns into a movie now.  Nat Wolff is going to play Q (he plays Isaac in TFiOS).

I like Sara Zarr, who tends to write a lot of issue books for teens too. My favorite is How to Save a Life.

For adults, I really loved Where Did You Go, Bernadette?

I loved What Alice Forgot, but couldn't get into The Husband's Secret.

I'm into Target fare (don't judge...this is the season of life I'm in. Light and fun reading) so I'd recommend Calling me Home and Orphan Train. Gone Girl was awesome but I'm into psychology so it was a fascinating read.