Menu

if you have a white bathroom vanity....

ProudGrandma

Ours are also white on white.  So is the tile... and the walls... and the kitchen... and the curtains... and all the furniture!   :lol:

it doesn't look bland?  you must have lots of other color in the room from other things, huh?

Nope!  It looks fresh, clean, light, bright, and energizing.  (to me and DH at least)   :D

Kohler White sinks, Kashmir White granite counter in master bath. Kohler White sinks, Specchio White Hanstone (quartz) in the kids' baths.

The painted cabinets aren't WHITE white. Ours are Benjamin Moore's Swiss Coffee, kids' are SW Eider White.

If your toilet and sink and tub will be different manufacturers, you can google for the right color white if you want them to match. It's crazy that there are so many options!

White. I have a thing about white in a bathroom. In every home, in every bathroom, I always do white cabinetry, white counter or sink, white trim, etc. with a pretty shade of green or blue on the wall and cream flooring. Then I add artwork and such to add interest. I think it looks clean with all the white, and it makes the job easy; I just have to pick out the wall color and then go shopping for accessories when it's done. :)

it doesn't look bland?  you must have lots of other color in the room from other things, huh?

Nope! My shower curtain is a design of purple, yellow, blue and green. Then the towels have the same colors that I change out (so I have a set of two out at once (mine and guest cause my bathroom is also guest bathroom)) and then my rugs are blue. It works great!

Ours is white, as is the tub.  The color in the room is blue (walls are a lighter, floor has darker blue in it). 

I like a light and open feel in a bath. My favorite bath towel/accent type color is actually light yellow, but it must not be popular. I can't find things in that color anymore.

wow...really, white white and white. 

I will start rethinking this.  If you didn't mention it, what color floor do you have?  this bathroom will will be small and tight...so I don't want it to look smaller, however, I want it to look nice because it's on the main floor of our home and that is the bathroom where all guests will use.  But it's also the kid's bathroom....but I don't want it to look kiddy either.

Master bath: Cararra marble hex tiles (gray and white). BM Titanium (warm, light gray) walls, SW Sea Salt (pale turquoise) ceiling.

Kid 1 bath: Nantucket Oak Core-tec (a gray-ish, beachy wood tone) vinyl plank with navy wall paint and SW Topsail (turquoise/aqua) ceiling.

Kid 2 bath: Kingswood Oak Core-tec (dark brown) vinyl plank floors with a pale lavender paint on walls and Topsail on the ceiling.

Both kids' baths have white subway tile on the walls of the shower/tub area with a band of colored accent tile, but mostly white. The counters in their baths have some aqua-y flecks and silver sparkle from recycled glass and mirrors. The main interest in theirs is the wall color and (as yet non-existent!) decor because I wanted them fun. Our master bath counter has a white background, but there are grays and mica and little garnet-y pieces. The colors in there are subtle but show up in the light space. I wanted a light, relaxing room.

What do you want the look/feel to be?

White vanity, white sink/top, white medicine cabinet, white toilet, white shower curtain (hiding the ugly pink tub, lol) and white tile floor with some gray in it.  Walls are a bluish-gray.

It is the one and only room capable of looking spotless for 10 minutes at a time.

Four bathrooms, four white vanities. All came with cultured marble tops. Not very exciting. We bought this house from the builder, who lived in it. Some things he did beautifully--oak fireplace mantle and stair handrails, crown moldings, some other things--but it looks as if some things he just did contractor grade, such as identical bathroom vanities and cultured marble tops, even in the master bath.

And they look fine. :-) We've remodeled two bathrooms, but the other two sill stay the way they are because they are in good condition and they look fine.

Our bathrooms are wallpapered, and we match towels, bath mats, and shower curtains to the wallpaper, so there's plenty of color.

White bathrooms here. We were only allowed to pick our floor tile (close to white, as it happens) and we opted out of wallpaper.

By the way, having lived with "pale" floor tile grout for 10 years now I highly recommend dark grout for all floor tiles. It's going to get that way eventually (though unevenly so), so have the grout stained dark at the start and make it part of the overall look of the place!