Menu

My dh and boys are going to move out...

Because if the u/s tech was right (which I think she was) then the boys in our house are going to be WAY outnumbered! We have a fort in our backyard they can move into and leave the house to the females since baby girl #6 will be here in January!!! I am trying to accept that I'm having another girl - I wanted a girl so badly yet was convinced it was a boy (as was everyone else) that I keep staring at the u/s picture, not believing what I see. I'm in shock!!! And I just had to share with someone because no one IRL will know (not even dh!). I want to surprise everyone (especially since they all think I'm having a boy) and dh can't keep a secret to save his life. So he gets a BIG surprise in January as well! :D

So in 5 more mo. or so our family will welcome Megan Noelani (or Noelani Grace - can't decide!). Oh my goodness, now I'm all puddly-eyed typing out the name.

Congrats. Six girls and one boy, thats a lot of estrogen. I only have two, and the hormones are flying.

Still you are very blessed. Good luck trying to keep a secret, I would leak to one of my dd's, and the news would be out.

Jet

Math is off today, five girls and two boys, still too much estrogen.

Congratulations!!!!! Girls are fun! It's been six+ years since I've had a baby girl (even though overall our boy/girl ration is pretty even) and I was just thinking the other day it would be fun to have a girl again since its been so long.

Lovely name!

You ladies are so sweet - thanks for responding. I don't have people IRL outside of church really to share this with.

About keeping the gender a secret, I tried to last time but dh blurted it out the day after the u/s (I was NOT happy) but I kept the name a secret and that was such fun when baby was born to share my news! So this time I know I will adore having my own special secret. :)

:) Congrats to you!! Our family will have the same boy/girl stats as yours, also adding a new little girl in January!! We also have 4 little girls at the end!! Too funny. I love the name Megan (I'm biased, though, I have one myself!) Our new little one will be Hannah Joy. Congrats again and I hope you can keep that secret!! :)

What fun! (Of course, lol, it *could* be *you* who's surprised, lol... They showed me ds' "girl parts" on *his* ultrasound...)

How are you doing? Did you meet with the potential midwife yet? Any chance to talk to your doctor about your birthing concerns? I'm wishing you peace, no matter what you decide.

Because if the u/s tech was right (which I think she was) then the boys in our house are going to be WAY outnumbered! We have a fort in our backyard they can move into and leave the house to the females since baby girl #6 will be here in January!!! I am trying to accept that I'm having another girl - I wanted a girl so badly yet was convinced it was a boy (as was everyone else) that I keep staring at the u/s picture, not believing what I see. I'm in shock!!! And I just had to share with someone because no one IRL will know (not even dh!). I want to surprise everyone (especially since they all think I'm having a boy) and dh can't keep a secret to save his life. So he gets a BIG surprise in January as well! :D

So in 5 more mo. or so our family will welcome Megan Noelani (or Noelani Grace - can't decide!). Oh my goodness, now I'm all puddly-eyed typing out the name.

Congratulations! How in the world are you going to keep it a secret when you are buying everything PINK! :)

How do you keep a straight face when dh starts talking about the s*x of the baby? I would just burst!

Well, I told dh on email yesterday that the machine was low quality so no good quality pix. And I didn't act at all excited yesterday so my guess is that he thinks we're having a boy (that sounds really bad...having a boy would be fabulous but I longed for just one more girl, so since I'm not all smiles he hasn't even suspected). I am very good at keeping a straight face (thank goodness!) and hope I can pull this off because already I'm walking around with my secret and loving it. :)

What fun! (Of course, lol, it *could* be *you* who's surprised, lol... They showed me ds' "girl parts" on *his* ultrasound...)

I spent an hour online yesterday comparing my u/s pix and it sure looks girl, but I will have another u/s at 30 weeks to confirm - I do NOT want a surprise at the end thinking one gender and getting something different! I would not do well with that kind of surprise!

How in the world are you going to keep it a secret when you are buying everything PINK!
Well, I have everything already (as you can imagine!) but will be changing the nursery to lavender, but I can do that during the day (sewing bedding, etc.) and wait to paint until after baby is born. So dh won't see me buy anything.

I'm so glad you ladies are giving input on the names. I love them and wondered if I would ever be able to use either of them.

How are you doing? Did you meet with the potential midwife yet? Any chance to talk to your doctor about your birthing concerns? I'm wishing you peace, no matter what you decide.
Midwife never called me back so I have to call her. No decision made at all and I'm getting more nervous. One day I think total epidural even if it means induction, the next I think home water birth...ridiculous, huh? Thank you for remembering me! Oh, and no I didn't talk to my OB as she was mildly distracted yesterday and didn't really hear a thing I said (not like her).