Menu

Did I really say that?

I am not a fast typist, as my 10th grade typing teacher would be glad to tell you. But even at that, it seems that my typing is still much, much faster than my brain.

Sometimes I type up what I think is a brilliant perspective, and then later I go back and read it and I have inserted words that don't belong or omitted words that did belong and I think to myself "I bet these people think I am a moron."

That is all.

I think to myself "I bet these people think I am a moron."

Ayup. I often think, "Yeesh, Kelli's such a moron!"

Please, woman. Surely you can come up with something REAL to worry about. Typos or no, you are witty, smart, transparent and truthful. I don't know about you, but I'm way more interested in those qualities in a person than I am in their keyboarding skills.

I am not a fast typist, as my 10th grade typing teacher would be glad to tell you. But even at that, it seems that my typing is still much, much faster than my brain.

Sometimes I type up what I think is a brilliant perspective, and then later I go back and read it and I have inserted words that don't belong or omitted words that did belong and I think to myself "I bet these people think I am a moron."

That is all.

Well that is what brillant people do, sweetie. they think too fast for their fingers. :D;)

I'm sure you have all noticed that I do this alot. Not sure it is because I have a fast brain. I think it is slow all round fingers and brain. AFTR, my new keyboard is really confusing.

I'm sure whatever you are refering to was not all that bad. :001_smile: I am glad I'm not the only one that feels challenged in this area.

I'm sure you have all noticed that I do this alot. Not sure it is because I have a fast brain. I think it is slow all round fingers and brain. AFTR, my new keyboard is really confusing.

No, really, I think most people notice *their own* mistakes *far* more than theY (Y is edited in there, I missed a stroke the first time) notice anyone else's mistakes.

OK...I do notice blatant misuse of apostrophes. Those poor, abused apostrophes but I'm probably as guilty as anyone else.

I'm too embarrassed to go back and read my old posts. (Now, please, no one go dig them up!) Unfortunately, in my case, I really did say that (things I cringe over).

I don't know what you said, but if it's your kids quoting you, I know they're always wrong. Husbands, too.

Although mine recorded me once, and UGH! I sounded so snippy, and I wasn't even in a mood. I'm working on my tone of voice. I don't want to be a grating person, it just comes naturally.

That is all.

Have you never read my spelling error-grammar slaughtering-logic absent posts? :lol:

I do this too. One of my most common mistakes is to leave out the word "not" when I am typing. For instance, when replying to an email invitation I have been know to say, "I will be there," when I meant to send my regrets. Even now that I know I am prone to this error, I still do it. :confused:

No, really, I think most people notice *their own* mistakes *far* more than theY (Y is edited in there, I missed a stroke the first time) notice anyone else's mistakes.

OK...I do notice blatant misuse of apostrophes. Those poor, abused apostrophes but I'm probably as guilty as anyone else.

I often think of those poor kittens that have suffered due to my grammatical errors. :D

OK, now I know, your talking, about me. :D

:leaving: I don't see them. :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

Believe me, if I had the memory to remember who was most guilty of this, I wouldn't have this giant calendar filled with every detail of my life in front of me. I am not one of those people who can keep track of everything every else says. I'd have to keep a creepy notebook or something.:D

That is all.

Are you trying to make me feel better? :001_huh:

People do that all the time. Have you noticed how many of my posts have "reason for editing: I cannot type!!" at the bottom? :tongue_smilie:

You mean we are actually supposed type in why we edited(sp?) our posts? I was wondering what that was for. How's that for brains? BTW, I am so nervous when I post 'mongst all you heavy weight brainy types that I will change wording if I am unsure of things like spelling, apostrophes etc. Silly huh? :blushing:

Although mine recorded me once, and UGH! I sounded so snippy, and I wasn't even in a mood. I'm working on my tone of voice. I don't want to be a grating person, it just comes naturally.

Nonsense. I have hung out with you and you did not sound snippy at all.

Actually, gardenschooler has a pretty soft voice, the kind of voice that sort of captivates your attention. So, nobody is allowed to believe this nonsense about her sounding snippy.

You mean we are actually supposed type in why we edited(sp?) our posts? I was wondering what that was for. How's that for brains? BTW, I am so nervous when I post 'mongst all you heavy weight brainy types that I will change wording if I am unsure of things like spelling, apostrophes etc. Silly huh? :blushing:

You don't *have* to type a reason and I don't always do it. When I do it they are often funny comments related to my typos such as "typos due to too much blood in my caffeine system!" :lol:

I don't let my total lack of grammar and spelling skills stop me. Post happy!

:lol:

That is all.

The other day I read one where I had used the wrong form of their/there!!! Sheesh!!! How embarrassing. I really do no the difference. ;)

Was working on valuation of large farm for a decedent's estate. Meant to type in email to trust officer, "The outlying house is valued at zero due to its dilapidated condition." Instead I absentmindedly and hurriedly typed "outhouse" so it was not detected and corrected by spellcheck. The trust officer replied , "I agree that the outhouse is not worth sh*t."