Menu

Kirk's soap or Dr. Bronner's soap?

Mom in High Heels

We use Kirks.  There a quite a few reasons I won't use Dr. Bronners but some are political so I won't go into that.  We did an experiment with both not too long ago with vinegar and castile soap making laundry soap.  Dr. B's needed to have an extra item they produce added so it would not congeal yet Kirks did not and did not congeal.  Also, Desert Essence is a good brand.

A very good friend of mine says when she was in college one of the drinking games was to read the label.

Just don't drink so much you decide to use his birth control suggestion of lemon juice and Vaseline.

The founder, who at one point did escape a mental hospital, is dead. His kids keep the labels out of respect for him, not his beliefs. And they are part of the brand's image. Anyways, I wouldn't let the ramblings bother me to the point of not buying the soap but I don't pay a premium for it either. I only buy it on sale these days.

Just don't drink so much you decide to use his birth control suggestion of lemon juice and Vaseline.

The founder, who at one point did escape a mental hospital, is dead. His kids keep the labels out of respect for him, not his beliefs. And they are part of the brand's image. Anyways, I wouldn't let the ramblings bother me to the point of not buying the soap but I don't pay a premium for it either. I only buy it on sale these days.

This. I like Kirk's and Bronner's, but I use Kirk's on my leather (my saddle and other horse-related stuff) and Bronner's on my person. Not really sure why; I think probably because I like the different scents I can get in the Bronner's.

How much do you dilute it, and what kind of dispenser do you use? Thanks (I have 2 large ones I bought on sale, if I put those in the shower as is, they will disappear very quickly!).

For the shower, I dilute it 1:1 with water for use as a shampoo and body wash. I keep it in a smaller squeeze bottle.

For a hand soap, I dilute it 1 part soap to 4-5 parts water and use it in old Method-brand foaming soap dispensers.