Menu

Got fired haha *eyeroll*

swellmomma

yes this is me so upset hahaha

So remember how I quit the diner, she called and altered my hours etc and I went back.  Today I show up at work at 5am like I have done everyday.  Boss apparently changed the schedule last night and didn't tell me.  She decided I was to work 630-11 am.  So I was 1.5 hours early today.  Up until the change I was scheduled to work 5-930.  dd6 has sparks camp today.  She was supposed to arrive there at 9am, but due to working until 930 I arranged for her to be there by 945am.  I told boss today that due to not being told about the schedule change I could not work past 930am, I needed to take dd6.  She flipped out claimed dd could walk to my work, I could drop her off quickly (camp was 1 more street over) and come back.  I pointed out dd is 6, she is not allowed to cross streets or go anywhere off our block without someone older plus all her gear was still at home, so she was expected to lug all her camp stuff from home to the diner by herself????  Boss flipped out that she said hours would change for teh first blah blah blah.  Um diner hours changed, that doesn't automatically mean we are supposed to know shifts changed without notice of them changing.  At any rate she fired me claiming I was unreliable.  Of course she decided to break labor laws again, first no breaks and no minimum wage now no 2 weeks notice/severence pay.  Monday am I am calling labor standards and filing a complaint.  Not impressed.  She also had the gall to bitch to a customer about me booking this coming wednesday/thursday off, I booked it off 3 months ago, it is to see the endocrinologist 5 hours away to see if I actually have cushings disease (pituitary tumor).  Customer was in today and asked why I was being hard on the boss taking time off when she was so busy, when I said to find out if I actually have a brain tumor like my dr thinks I do he was shocked that the boss had spent so much time grumbling about how lazy I am etc. 

I had written my 2 week notice out to give her today as I was leaving shift anyway, so I am not in the least bit upset by this.  I am just po'd that she broke so many labor laws, regularily questioned my integrity, and gossiped bs behind my back.  This from the woman who drove home drunk last saturday, ended up in the ditch and couldn't come into work Sunday and then got mad at all of us working that we wouldn't extend our shifts to give her the day off.  The woman is a loon.

So now I have to figure out a different way to bring in more $$ without sacrificing my family time (aka homeschooling time) more than necessary.  Fortunately I do have my daycare job that I absolutely love and that pays me almost double what the diner did.  They just don't have quite enough hours.

ETA: oh yes the great part about this is since starting working there I have not been able to attend church since I always worked Sunday mornings.  So tomorrow am we are headed to church again :)

I worked for a crazy person once. My next boss told me that crazy boss told her I had embezzled funds. Oh bother. I was the nurse in the doctors office. I don't even know how I could have gotten hold of any money. HeeHee  Anyway I always wished that to quit I had left a message on her answering machine with the song, "Take this job and shove it . I aint workin here no more." 

I hope something else turns up quickly for you. It's great that you can get back to church!

Is there someone above her? I'd be making a phone call and saying all you said here...including the drunk part.

no, she is the owner of the diner.  I just plan on making her life a little busy for a while.  I happen to be friends with the health inspectors wife, and plan to fill her in on some of the infractions they have had there (keeping a dog in a room of the diner for example), that woman calls her husband on herself when she commits an infraction at school lol  She'll get him checking in on the place often haha. 

Fb'd with ds15s old boss, found out she is currently hiring and they need weekend staff.  Went in and filled out an application.  We will see what comes of it.  fast food is not really something I saw myself going back to as an adult but if I worked weekends I would make up more than 1/2 what I am losing from the diner. and I know they follow labor standards, and I know most of the staff already, so it would be a good deal.  fingers crossed, it would be great to start next weekend if I can.

no, I won't likely qualify for EI, but I am going to look into it. The only times I have been fully out of work was of my own choosing.  I am a hard worker and while I lack formal training/degree I am smart enough to pick up on what I need to do at pretty much any job and have never had a problem finding work. With my daycare job I have enough income for bills and such, the diner income (and whatever income I replace it with) is for the extras like homeschool conference costs, extracurrics, YC (christian youth conference/concert I was wanting to take my teens to), gas to medical appts, family vacation etc.  I mean it went to bills/food too, but I can make due without it, but  would rather not, we are enjoying the balance we have between living frugally but still getting extras and me being home the bulk of the time still.  There is a few fast food options in the next town over that I could likely get into but it seems the A&W is my best bet.  We will see.  I can work covering lunch breaks at the daycare too for 2 hours a day and it would just mean having to do all school at the library daily so I can go back and forth but that is a pita, so hoping for the weekend gig even if I would rather sleep in on the weekends