Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 1/26 - 2/1

Negin

Ugh! Today was supposed to be a run day. This morning was 5* outside, so headed to the gym...was supposed to meet my trainer and brf. ....found out later they both overslept....got to the gym and not a single treadmill was available. I ended up doing a barbell lift class, then did a yoga class which was packed wall to wall I left still wanting my run....but had to grocery shop....

Today was my long run day. I felt bad when I got up, so I waited till after lunch and a nap to run. I ran 7 miles, and I got to run outside. It was 50 out so it felt great. I also did 5 x5 pull ups with 1 minute planks inbetween, followed by 30 minutes of yoga.

Do you do full on or assisted pull ups?? I really want to start doing these, but don't know how to start. Any tips??

Do you do full on or assisted pull ups?? I really want to start doing these, but don't know how to start. Any tips??

Assisted!  I use the green band to help me.  Even with that 5 is my max.  I highly recommend the bands.  They make it possible for you to do the pull up the correct way, engaging the muscles you want to strengthen.   

Ugh! Today was supposed to be a run day. This morning was 5* outside, so headed to the gym...was supposed to meet my trainer and brf. ....found out later they both overslept....got to the gym and not a single treadmill was available. I ended up doing a barbell lift class, then did a yoga class which was packed wall to wall I left still wanting my run....but had to grocery shop....

How frustrating.  It's still January, by the end of next month the gym should empty out. :)

I have been cross country skiing 30-75 minutes a day.  Then 2 days a week is exerball class.

Today does trudging to the barn in 30 below wind chills in knee to thigh high deep snow several times a day count?  Hauling water in this weather?  Lifting up the feet of 1200 pound animals to knock the ice balls out of them? Shoveling the non stop snow?

Seriously I might do a DVD etc. otherwise this will be an "off" day for me other than chores, etc.

did yoga - feels good.  I took dudeling swimming  as it seems to help him pay attention better when he has a swim lesson, even on a different day.  I swam six laps.  I am not much of a swimmer, so I feel good.  I also hate this pool as it's cold - I get goose bumps.  but it's also pretty empty during the day. 

I'm glad to see this thread because I'm feeling uncharacteristically lazy and unmotivated today.  It's soooooo gloomy and damp and gray and blah here in the PNW.

But now that I've checked in here I WILL go and do my 60 minutes on my bike and go on a walk with my husband.  I will do 30 bike, walk with husband, 30 more bike.  

Then I'll check back in here.  

Now I have a little motivation.  

I'm glad to see this thread because I'm feeling uncharacteristically lazy and unmotivated today.  It's soooooo gloomy and damp and gray and blah here in the PNW.

But now that I've checked in here I WILL go and do my 60 minutes on my bike and go on a walk with my husband.  I will do 30 bike, walk with husband, 30 more bike.  

Then I'll check back in here.  

Now I have a little motivation.  

Did it!

There's nothing like exercising, is there?  I never, ever regret it.  

Did it!

There's nothing like exercising, is there?  I never, ever regret it.  

Yep.

Got to martial arts last night and learned some new techniques.  I could feel my brain cells straining.  I forced my 17 yo daughter to go too

even though she had a million and one reasons her allergies and asthma were making her feel not up to it.  She thanked me afterwards.

Catching up on posting

Monday was an unscheduled rest day. Nothing but stretching and a walk. My back was really hinky that day and I needed the day off. Normally I skate on Mondays but it wasn't going to happen.

Tuesday back to bootcamp, 30 minutes stretching and 45 minutes cardio on the stair stepper.

Today bootcamp in the rain (thankfully just a drizzle for most of the time) and I am planning to take the boys on a short hike later on today. Plus yoga stretching this evening.

ETA:  Oh, since it was too wet to lay down on a mat at bootcamp, I did some abwork at home. Muffin squashers, bicycles, side to side with feet up.  50-70 each exercise per side.  The standing abwork at bootcamp was good but not as intense as usual.  Since I skipped on Monday, I needed to catch up anyways. 

I waited till this afternoon to run, and when I saw how sunny it was, and that it wasn't windy, I decided to run outside.  That may have been a mistake.  It was so cold.  My face felt like it was frozen.  I had on sunglasses, which helped, but I couldn't believe how cold I felt.  I ran 4 miles.  I had hoped to run 5, but between the cold and a small stomach problem I decided 4 miles would be good enough.  I did run those miles fast, an 11 min/mile pace, and that was with walking every 6 mins (my normal pace with walking would be a bit over a 12 min pace).  

I did my yoga practice before lunch. I did do some handstand practice after a very hot shower, but no plank work today.

Kim, I had a neck gaiter pulled up over my face and head. Just my beady little eyes gazing out. I could have used sunglasses though. My pace wasn't great because of snow/ice but the outdoors did me good.

I own a great gaiter, one that velcros on and has vents for breathing, but I didn't bring it!  That was dumb of me.  I figured since it wasn't windy I'd be fine, but I didn't realize how bad just the air would be.