Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 1/26 - 2/1

Negin

Kettlebell today.  The workout was high volume, so I skipped the warm up run (since the workout was going to keep my heart rate up), and I dropped the weight (for the squats) and really focused on form.  I did a total of 90 swings, 75 squats, and 50 push-ups. Cooled down with back lunges, pull over sit ups and pull-ups.  It was a good workout.  I felt like I pushed hard, but I didn't feel dead at the end.   

I did yoga today, after not being able to for two days.  (one day because there were so many boxes where I normally do yoga . . . I can park my car in the garage.  happy dance.  finally.  they're mostly moved.)

I need to see my chiro as I think my hips are off.

5 miles today, inside. Yoga later.

Cindy, I googled assisted pull ups on YouTube and found some videos. And if you're looking for something to do today, I always suggest yoga for days that have no other goal.

I'll check out the YouTube videos. Thanks! I ended up very busy with work (I work from home) and then we had after school activities. No exercise got done:( Today I went to have my blood drawn to check if I may have thyroid issues. I'm wanting to rule it out so that I can know whether my recent weight gain is from that or if it's just because I'm getting older and my metabolism is slowing down. Today I'm planning on taking a run in the afternoon before I pick up dd from the bus stop.

Thursday was a rest day. Drive myself CRAZY! I did walk 3 miles with my BFF, But, man oh man, I was jumping out of my skin! Friday I work a full 10 hour day, but, got in my spin class and now I am up early for another. Skipping Bootcamp in lieu of spin with my favorite instructor. ( love the boot camp instructor too, but I get to sleep an extra hour for spin! ). Hoping to be able to run outside this weekend! It is finall above single digits! Hope I am not rained out!

Wonderful 90 minutes of yoga today.  It was a lovely practice that started with breath work, which was followed by a Hatha practice with 1 minute holds.  It felt so good.

I also steam cleaned my living room and entrance area today.  It took 3.5 hours. It was hardest workout I've done all week, and now my back is a bit sore.  I soaked in a hot tub, then did some restorative yoga for my back.  

My dh and kids would love 6 hrs of skiing. I prefer reading a book in the lodge. :)  

Glad you're feeling better, Rieshy.

I did a SI focused yoga practice. It really helped open up my hips. (some poses, just wow.)  I'd been feeling as though someone was poking me with a red hot poker, just to the side of my SIJ.  (it's been bothering me off and on since last summer.)  I have a chiro appointment monday.

so, I'll add it into my rotation at least once a week, maybe twice.  (and it's got some good strenghtening poses)  since it's only 35 mins, I plan on also doing the neck section or maybe the lower back section, which has different poses.  either way, it will boost me to over an hour yoga practice.