Menu

Help me find a bra in a difficult size!

Momling

We are so frustrated! There is literally no bra in our county that works for my dd. She measured in at a 30C. We found some 30As in girls depts. I could find a few 32Bs in the teen depts. But 30C is not only not in stock, but appears not to exist as a size and can not be ordered. I have googled high and low and only found some push-up types, but we're looking for more functional/less sexy. She's fine with underwire and lightly lined. Please don't suggest VS, Kohls, JC Penny's, Macys, Justice... I went to every shop in our local mall and they just don't have that small a band in a C cup and no one could order it even.

Currently she's wearing a 32b from target that I altered. In general, the problem isn't the band as much as the distance between cups.

Also... I can't imagine paying more than 30 or so dollars for someone who I assume will outgrow it. My 11 yr old has pretty much refused to go bra shopping any more and I don't blame her.

Thoughts?

I wear this. http://www.barenecessities.com/anita-maximum-comfort-bra-5490_product.htm?pf_id=Anita5490&search=30C&manual_cm_sp=SlotLocation-_-R1C2-_-Anita5490 In a 30 D. Expensive I know. Specialty bra shops are a Godsend if there is one in your area. I have 2 bras(excluding my running bra). I wear one and hand wash the other. Note some of these are European sizes you need to convert.

I feel for her. I was a hard to find child as a teen. try ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AFTER-EDEN-Soft-Comfort-Contour-Convertible-Straps-UW-Bra-2-5800-sz-30-40-/141053173617?pt=US_CSA_WC_Intimates&var=&hash=item20d76c9f71

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Le-Mystere-Tisha-Bra-30C-Nude-T-shirt-Bra-/261376462367?pt=US_CSA_WC_Intimates&hash=item3cdb404e1f

I just searched 30c bra new and got tons more, some may not be styles you want, but there are some workable ones....

Thank you for all your ideas and commiseration!  I hadn't even thought to look at ebay. Also, those nice plain expensive bras would be perfect except for the price. I had her measured yesterday at two shops (Macys and VS) and both said 30C. We don't have a specialty bra store.  The biggest city nearby is about 5 hours. As I mentioned in my post, for the past 6 months or so, she's been wearing a 32B bra because the cups fit, but I had to alter it in the front between the cups and move the hooks over.   I had her try on 32A's and 32B's and the band was actually not far off, the problem is the distance between the cups. I can do the same thing again and try to alter another bra, but I didn't do that great of a job. The 30A girls' bras are way too small in cup size.  She has a sports bra but doesn't like it because she thinks it looks goofy under her clothes (she's not a sporty or casual dresser). 

The only place that I've found my size that I can walk in and buy is at Dillards . I am a 32DD and the smaller band sizes are next to impossible to find in larger cups.  Prices are reasonable and you can order online.  I'm with another poster.  I only own two daily wear bras and rotate and then one sports bra.  Good luck!

The only place that I've found my size that I can walk in and buy is at Dillards . I am a 32DD and the smaller band sizes are next to impossible to find in larger cups.  Prices are reasonable and you can order online.  I'm with another poster.  I only own two daily wear bras and rotate and then one sports bra.  Good luck!

:p I counted myself lucky to be able to walk in and get a 32H. They even had bikini tops in my size. 

Hallelujah! We're almost there... We have no Nordstroms or Dillards locally, but thanks to you --  I found this bra: http://www.dillards.com/product/Jasmine-Ginger-Microfiber-TShirt-Bra_301_-1_301_503296692?df=03800947_zi_purple_sage in size 30C.  Not plunging, pushing up, or overtly sexy.  Just a nice pretty bra in the right size for 20$ with good reviews.  I ordered the cream color. They even have a wireless triangle type bra in the same line, though my girl says 'no way, yuck'.  Well-trained-mind forum, I love you!