Menu

Mail not being delivered?

MBM

Is anyone else not getting mail delivered?

Yesterday, there was no sign of our carrier so I assumed that there was no delivery. With the cold temperatures, I can understand why it might not be delivered. This morning I called our post office and asked if mail would be delivered and was told that it would be; however, I have yet to see a mail carrier and it's now just past 5:30. I can see the mail truck when it is outside and again, no sign of it. I usually get it by 10:00 am. I'm assuming it won't be delivered today, either. I really don't mind but I'd like to know if they can't deliver.

Also, I can't get through to our post office because the number is always busy.

Anyone else having problems?

I checked the USPS website for mail alerts and we are not on the list for disrupted delivery. Hmm.

Roads are cleared very nicely. It's one of the things I brag about to all my friends in Montana. Seriously, the plowers out here are experts! Even our sidewalks are cleared with a little mini sidewalk plow that does the entire 'burb. Plus, I shoveled and even swept our walkway for Arroyo our friendly mail carrier. I would even give him a nice big cup of coffee if he's cold. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait until tomorrow.

I would much rather be in Hawaii, like you Mrs. Mungo. :D

Thanks, everyone. Hope you see your mail tomorrow, Teresa and BigMamaBird. :)

I felt sorry for the guy yesterday. I was sick and we didn't get the porch or walk shoveled because it was so cold. Yesterday and today were both junk mail. At least I shoveled for him this morning. We're on a walking route and it must be discouraging to be in this cold delivering stuff you know most people throw in the recycle bin. 

I would assume their line of distribution could be interrupted. 

I don't think we got mail yesterday or today. I always hear the mail truck but haven't for the last 2 days. I honestly haven't gone outside to check though. I kind of hope it hasn't been delivered because it is way too cold. I'd hate for our mail carrier to be out in that with no door on the truck. Also, the roads are so icy it would be very dangerous for them.

I felt sorry for the guy yesterday. I was sick and we didn't get the porch or walk shoveled because it was so cold. Yesterday and today were both junk mail. At least I shoveled for him this morning. We're on a walking route and it must be discouraging to be in this cold delivering stuff you know most people throw in the recycle bin. 

I would assume their line of distribution could be interrupted. 

The USPS website said Chicago and the suburbs should be receiving mail. Maybe it's just too cold. My mail carrier is from Mexico and I know he does not like this cold weather. Poor fella. I don't like it much either.

I don't think we got mail yesterday or today. I always hear the mail truck but haven't for the last 2 days. I honestly haven't gone outside to check though. I kind of hope it hasn't been delivered because it is way too cold. I'd hate for our mail carrier to be out in that with no door on the truck. Also, the roads are so icy it would be very dangerous for them.

Are you in Chicago still, Shannon? Ugh. The city is such a mess when it snows. I do not miss that at all. Our roads are super cleared and salted. I drove around today with no problems. I am very thankful for that.

Have you actually checked?  Maybe the cold weather muffles the tires!  Is your mailbox frozen shut?  I hope he's not flaking off and spending his days in a warm Starbucks. . . 

Yes, I've checked quite a few times hoping each time that I'd find my beloved junk mail. No luck.

I think Arroyo just had enough and is driving back to Mexico. That's probably what I'd do if I were him. :)

Hooray! My mailman is making deliveries today. It turns out a number of them were sick yesterday. LOL. Can't blame them. We call those Wellness Days in our house. My son and husband plan to take a Wellness Day soon so they can go skiing. It'd be a shame to let all this good snow go to waste.